ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 719 of 2683
« First < 219619669709715716717718719 72072172272372976981912191719 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:57 PM 04-10-2018
Originally Posted by Shaid:
Joe Montana talking about Mahomes.
:-) - Lord of the Rings was a more accurate movie than Rudy.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:28 PM 04-10-2018
Originally Posted by Shaid:
Joe Montana talking about Mahomes.

I'm not sure he knew who Mahomes is.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 04:01 PM 04-10-2018
Originally Posted by eDave:
Man I remember the vibe in KC during the Marty/Carl/Montana/Marcus days. Looking forward to that again.
For the first time in a long time a reason to get off the couch and go to a game to be able to say I was there when Mahomes "fill in the blank".
[Reply]
RunKC 04:39 PM 04-10-2018
Originally Posted by Best22:
I think people are making the mistake of anointing this kid too early.

He isn't going to be in his prime next year. It's going to be a journey with ups and downs. I fully expect KC to win the division, but it's silly to pretend like we got 2011 Aaron Rodgers behind center.

It's a journey. Don't put the cart before the horse.
I agree.

No prospect is perfect. Mahomes has things he needs to work on. It’s weird that some people immediately act like posters are Alex fans and get defensive when it’s brought up in conversation.

There will be ups and downs. That’s the fun part of developing a young player.
[Reply]
Coogs 04:50 PM 04-10-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
For the first time in a long time a reason to get off the couch and go to a game to be able to say I was there when Mahomes "fill in the blank".
Damn straight! For me, I will always be able to say I was there when Mahomes won his 1st one... and everything else that happened in Denver that day!
[Reply]
Halfcan 04:54 PM 04-10-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
:-)

Much better narrative than "I was at the game when Alex led the Chiefs to zero touchdowns against the Steelers in the Playoffs."

or "I was at the game when Alex went 12 for 18 for 187 yards and 1 touchdown - we lost the game- but he threw O INTERCEPTIONS!!!!!" Yeah!!!!
[Reply]
Halfcan 04:57 PM 04-10-2018
Originally Posted by Coogs:
Damn straight! For me, I will always be able to say I was there when Mahomes won his 1st one... and everything else that happened in Denver that day!

Congrats- it really was a historic win for Mahomes- win # 1, on the road, first Chiefs rookie to win a start in 30 years.

Save those ticket stubs!!
[Reply]
Coogs 05:00 PM 04-10-2018
Originally Posted by Halfcan:

Congrats- it really was a historic win for Mahomes- win # 1, on the road, first Chiefs rookie to win a start in 30 years.

Save those ticket stubs!!
We've got them. Printed off on 8 by 11 typing paper from some ticket company like stubhub. Vivid seats, or something like that. :-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:01 PM 04-10-2018
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Andy Reid has said twice that Mahomes will “hit the ground running” in 2018 and literally glows about the kid.

I honestly won’t be the least bit surprised if Pat throws 40 tds next year.

The defense is going to give up a lot of points and Mahomes has ELITE skill position guys all over the field and is AMAZING at finding the open man or single coverage and giving him a chance to make a play.

He took backups into Denver against mostly their starters and threw for 286 yards. That extrapolated to almost 4600 yards over 16 games. That was against a top pass defense with no starters playing for KC.

Hill
Watkins
Ware
Hunt
Kelce
Conley

I’d say his FLOOR is 4200 yards with 28tds and 15 interceptions and his ceiling is 5000 yards, 45tds and 8-10ints.
Its historically risky to stick ones neck out there about a Chiefs QB like this... but to hell with it, I'm onboard

There is something about this kid that just says 'believe'

When one looks at the offense Veach is building around him, then juxtapose that on top of his short but marvelous body of work, particularly at Denver week 17... you begin to understand that nothing is too big for this kid, he has been under pressure to perform his entire life
[Reply]
Pablo 06:10 PM 04-10-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Its historically risky to stick ones neck out there about a Chiefs QB like this... but to hell with it, I'm onboard

There is something about this kid that just says 'believe'

When one looks at the offense Veach is building around him, then juxtapose that on top of his short but marvelous body of work, particularly at Denver week 17... you begin to understand that nothing is too big for this kid, he has been under pressure to perform his entire life
Yep. Fully aboard the homer train for Mahomes. Just a train that wasn't worth jumping on for as long as I can remember, but this is bold, exciting territory and I'm gonna let my homer flag fly!
[Reply]
jjchieffan 06:34 PM 04-10-2018
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
If Mahomes throws 4500 yards next year (lol) can you imagine how it would feel to be Alex Smith and see that? When your career year you had to scrape out 4000 yards by building up to it for 12 seasons and finally getting over the hump through blood, sweat and tears?

And then that's worth 70m guaranteed?
Alex not throwing picks is partly to blame for him not throwing very many touchdowns.
Originally Posted by Priest31kc:
Yep. Alex is a one read QB. If his first read isn't there, he'll either check it down, throw it away, take a sack or run it. Most of his passes are 10 yards and under and he rarely throws into tight windows, which is one reason why he's always poor on 3rd downs & in the redzone.

Mahomes might triple Alex's INTs from last year his first few seasons while he learns what he can and can't do, but he'll more than make up for it because he's not just a one read QB like Alex. He has great field vision & goes through his progressions & instead of checking it down, throwing it away, taking a sack or running it, he'll hit that 2nd or 3rd read, he'll keep his eyes down the field while pressured and look to make a play.

And he'll attempt those tight windows throws like we've already seen him do numerous times and he'll be a HUGE upgrade over Alex on 3rd downs & in the redzone...which we've already seen as well.
Peyton Manning once threw 55 touchdowns in a season. He also once threw 28 interceptions.

Alex's highs are 26 and 16.
Originally Posted by Halfcan:

Much better narrative than "I was at the game when Alex led the Chiefs to zero touchdowns against the Steelers in the Playoffs."

or "I was at the game when Alex went 12 for 18 for 187 yards and 1 touchdown - we lost the game- but he threw O INTERCEPTIONS!!!!!" Yeah!!!!
Look at all of these posts about Alex Smith in the Mahomes thread (and this is just in the last 50 posts). The Smith haters get mad at anyone who says anything positive about him. They're derailing the thread. But ya know, some of us just get sick of hearing about it, so we speak up. You guys are like the guy who's wife ran off on him with another man. He has a new gal that is younger and hotter. But all he wants to do is talk about how the last one did him wrong. Everyone around him wishes that he would just shut up, move on, and be happy with his new lady. That's you guys. We get it. You hated Smith the entire 5 years he was here. We had to hear about it over and over and over. He's gone. Let's talk about Mahomes and quit beating that horse. It's dead!
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:40 PM 04-10-2018
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Look at all of these posts about Alex Smith in the Mahomes thread (and this is just in the last 50 posts). The Smith haters get mad at anyone who says anything positive about him. They're derailing the thread. But ya know, some of us just get sick of hearing about it, so we speak up. You guys are like the guy who's wife ran off on him with another man. He has a new gal that is younger and hotter. But all he wants to do is talk about how the last one did him wrong. Everyone around him wishes that he would just shut up, move on, and be happy with his new lady. That's you guys. We get it. You hated Smith the entire 5 years he was here. We had to hear about it over and over and over. He's gone. Let's talk about Mahomes and quit beating that horse. It's dead!
No, this shit right here is the "derailing". You've got it WAY ass backward.

As usual.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:42 PM 04-10-2018
So shut the fuck up with your complaining about comparisons, you fucking child. The Chiefs won, Washington lost, and so it goes.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 08:23 PM 04-10-2018
Originally Posted by Claysexual:
No, this shit right here is the "derailing". You've got it WAY ass backward.

As usual.
Yeah right. My one post pointing out half a dozen other posts about Smith is the one derailing it. Why must you continue to display your stupidity??? Can you just not help yourself? Your psychotherapist should keep you away from the computer for your own good. Much like how they keep you away from anything sharp that you might hurt yourself with.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:46 PM 04-10-2018
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Yeah right. My one post pointing out half a dozen other posts about Smith is the one derailing it. Why must you continue to display your stupidity??? Can you just not help yourself? Your psychotherapist should keep you away from the computer for your own good. Much like how they keep you away from anything sharp that you might hurt yourself with.
When can YOU let go of your man-lust for shitty, sub par game managers?!

In any case, glad I could help you understand the difference between conversation and being a complete fucking tits-girl.
[Reply]
Page 719 of 2683
« First < 219619669709715716717718719 72072172272372976981912191719 > Last »
Up