ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 718 of 2687
« First < 218618668708714715716717718 71972072172272876881812181718 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:16 PM 04-09-2018
Originally Posted by RippedmyFlesh:
I think 33 8 is something I would love but would even be happy with 33 16 realistically. A lot depends on the team if they are 9-7ish he could put up huge numbers but if the defense plays better somehow he may not have to. Esp if reid learns how to use hunt to bury teams when we are leading.

And take the ball out of Mahomes hand!!!! I wanna see 58-6 games
[Reply]
Best22 08:25 PM 04-09-2018
I think people are making the mistake of anointing this kid too early.

He isn't going to be in his prime next year. It's going to be a journey with ups and downs. I fully expect KC to win the division, but it's silly to pretend like we got 2011 Aaron Rodgers behind center.

It's a journey. Don't put the cart before the horse.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 08:49 PM 04-09-2018
Originally Posted by Best22:

He isn't going to be in his prime next year. It's going to be a journey with ups and downs. I fully expect KC to win the division, but it's silly to pretend like we got 2011 Aaron Rodgers behind center.

I don't think that he will be 2011 Aaron Rodgers, but I think that he could be very good next year, much like Watson was last year. He's had a year to learn the system. He has a start under his belt to work off of this off-season. I think all of that bodes well for an above average start for a first year starter.
[Reply]
DRM08 09:09 PM 04-09-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Pat made some throws like that last year, but the Denver game showed a lot of improvement in that area. I think it was his shitty ass coaching from Kingsbury that never taught him any mechanics in college, so Andy had to start over in some areas.
Believe me, Kliff tried to teach him. Pat had some bad habits and the problem is you can't bench him at that level. Even if he has several dumb turnovers or something, you cannot bench him. He is the most physically gifted QB to ever step foot on Tech's campus by a long shot. Kliff was not in a position to give him tough love.

At the NFL level, Pat knows he is not the big man on campus anymore. He damn well better clean up the footwork and mechanics or it could be a rough career for him. He is fortunate to have some very good coaches helping guide him through the process of becoming a legit pro QB.
[Reply]
BossChief 09:21 PM 04-09-2018
Andy Reid has said twice that Mahomes will “hit the ground running” in 2018 and literally glows about the kid.

I honestly won’t be the least bit surprised if Pat throws 40 tds next year.

The defense is going to give up a lot of points and Mahomes has ELITE skill position guys all over the field and is AMAZING at finding the open man or single coverage and giving him a chance to make a play.

He took backups into Denver against mostly their starters and threw for 286 yards. That extrapolated to almost 4600 yards over 16 games. That was against a top pass defense with no starters playing for KC.

Hill
Watkins
Ware
Hunt
Kelce
Conley

I’d say his FLOOR is 4200 yards with 28tds and 15 interceptions and his ceiling is 5000 yards, 45tds and 8-10ints.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:32 PM 04-09-2018
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
If Mahomes throws 4500 yards next year (lol) can you imagine how it would feel to be Alex Smith and see that? When your career year you had to scrape out 4000 yards by building up to it for 12 seasons and finally getting over the hump through blood, sweat and tears?

And then that's worth 70m guaranteed?
Shhhh......they will come for you.
[Reply]
DRM08 09:48 PM 04-09-2018
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
There is no Mahomes in this class. Mahomes has special arm talent. The QB gurus were all salivating over Mahomes and there was cone of silence not to speak about it to outsiders.

Sean Payton and Bruce Arians were going to draft him but luckily we sniped them!
Josh Allen has similar arm strength to Mahomes. But he does not have Mahomes' natural accuracy or vision downfield. Allen also has no clue how to put "touch" on the ball, whereas Mahomes is very good at this aspect of the game. You should not always throw the 60 mph fastball at the receiver.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:14 AM 04-10-2018
The Latest Mahomes video.

“I Fall Apart”

https://youtu.be/w5U6Nok-A8s
[Reply]
Shaid 10:21 AM 04-10-2018
Joe Montana talking about Mahomes.

[Reply]
Shaid 10:33 AM 04-10-2018
Not much there. Interesting that he kind hedges his bet on Jimmy G as well.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:45 AM 04-10-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
The Latest Mahomes video.

“I Fall Apart”

https://youtu.be/w5U6Nok-A8s
I struggle with any video that doesn't show that slider he threw in the preseason. Most insane throw I've ever seen.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:57 AM 04-10-2018
Mahomes is going to bring an energy to the QB position we have never seen in KC.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 11:13 AM 04-10-2018
Originally Posted by Best22:

I think you're misunderstanding.

It's the journey I'm excited for. A journey from a talented young man to a great QB that I want to see carried out by a Chief. I'm 36, so obviously I haven't seen it. I didn't think much of Brodie Croyle, and he didn't disappoint.

When I see Mahomes talk he's so affable and seems almost shy. Incredibly humble. I wonder if he has the swagger. Then you watch him play, and I believe it. He plays with supreme confidence, and that will rub off on other guys.

I just believe Mahomes will be special. I may be setting myself up for a huge disappointment, but I'm okay with that. I haven't been this excited for a season ever. Tyreek Hill turned Alex Smith into an accurate deep passer. Kelce can carve you up inside. Hunt is a grinder of a back who wears down defenses.

I think KC will be unleashing Mahomes and the KC offense on a very surprised NFL next season. KC's pass catchers had more separation per catch than any other group in the NFL by a large margin last year. Guys are getting college open up here.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:41 PM 04-10-2018
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Mahomes is going to bring an energy to the QB position we have never seen in KC.

Arrowhead will be Rockin’!!!!
[Reply]
eDave 12:45 PM 04-10-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Arrowhead will be Rockin’!!!!
Man I remember the vibe in KC during the Marty/Carl/Montana/Marcus days. Looking forward to that again.
[Reply]
Page 718 of 2687
« First < 218618668708714715716717718 71972072172272876881812181718 > Last »
Up