ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1775 of 2687
« First < 775127516751725176517711772177317741775 17761777177817791785182518752275 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
DRM08 10:47 AM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
Yep, the whole country is excited to have some fresh blood in the big game. From what I'm hearing, this should be one of the most watched Superbowls in recent history. I pray we don't lay an egg and embarrass ourselves because Chiefs.
Patrick won't allow an embarrassing performance. They might lose, but it will be a dogfight in the 4th quarter...that is what Patrick does, he fights really hard to the end of the game. You saw this in the AFC title game a year ago when it looked ugly in the first half. You saw it again in the 2 playoff games this year after getting down double digits both times.
[Reply]
Cheater5 10:53 AM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Patrick won't allow an embarrassing performance. They might lose, but it will be a dogfight in the 4th quarter...that is what Patrick does, he fights really hard to the end of the game. You saw this in the AFC title game a year ago when it looked ugly in the first half. You saw it again in the 2 playoff games this year after getting down double digits both times.

^^^^ x 10.

You've obviously seen far more of Mahomes than I have, but it seems like all through college the kid was outnumbered and outgunned and was used to playing from behind. The 9ers may in fact win this game, but they'll be pacing the sidelines and chewing their mouthpieces if the Chiefs have the ball with anything more than 20 seconds remaining, as I do not see SFO going deep into the 4th quarter with more than a one score lead.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 11:04 AM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
I would rather have Patrick Mahomes than Jameis Winston in Tampa.
I said it a year and a half ago. I have Winston idiots trying to tell me on twitter that Winston is just as good, but they are blaming it on the talent around Winston.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 11:05 AM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
Yep, the whole country is excited to have some fresh blood in the big game. From what I'm hearing, this should be one of the most watched Superbowls in recent history. I pray we don't lay an egg and embarrass ourselves because Chiefs.
No way, Mahomes is too good.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:09 AM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
I said it a year and a half ago. I have Winston idiots trying to tell me on twitter that Winston is just as good, but they are blaming it on the talent around Winston.
That's hilarious. Jameis had 5-star talent around him at Florida State. Now that he's in the NFL where the talent is pretty equal across the league, he has a hard time. He makes a lot of bad decisions, plain and simple. His performance on the football field matches with his bad decisions off the field.

Mahomes was surrounded by 2 & 3 star talent at Texas Tech. So he licks his chops in the NFL where it's a much more even playing field, and he's blessed with a lot of talent in the receiver group. It sounds crazy to say, but the NFL game is probably easier for Mahomes than the situation he had in college.

This is why I think it's dangerous to draft guys like Winston or Mayfield or whoever from a powerhouse school at #1 overall. They had a lot of help on their college roster and it won't be the same in the NFL. I think Joe Burrow is a damn good QB, but he's walking into a rough situation in Cincy. LSU had an extreme talent advantage over 99% of the teams they faced. This will not be the case for him in Cincy.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 11:49 AM 01-26-2020
That's hilarious. Jameis had 5-star talent around him at Florida State. Now that he's in the NFL where the talent is pretty equal across the league, he has a hard time. He makes a lot of bad decisions, plain and simple. His performance on the football field matches with his bad decisions off the field.

Mahomes was surrounded by 2 & 3 star talent at Texas Tech. So he licks his chops in the NFL where it's a much more even playing field, and he's blessed with a lot of talent in the receiver group. It sounds crazy to say, but the NFL game is probably easier for Mahomes than the situation he had in college.

This is why I think it's dangerous to draft guys like Winston or Mayfield or whoever from a powerhouse school at #1 overall. They had a lot of help on their college roster and it won't be the same in the NFL. I think Joe Burrow is a damn good QB, but he's walking into a rough situation in Cincy. LSU had an extreme talent advantage over 99% of the teams they faced. This will not be the case for him in Cincy.
I agree, although I do believe Evans/Godwin are an elite WR combo. Mahomes got his footwork issue fixed and is now the best QB in the league.
[Reply]
scho63 11:51 AM 01-26-2020
In one of the recent interviews, Mahomes said something that really stuck out as to his mindset: He said that in college he threw for many yards and TDs all the time but lost most of those games. He said he didn't come to the NFL to rack up stats but to win and he he was tired of losing so much in college.

The passion at which he said that and the look of determination in his eyes told me he is going to win A LOT of games as the Chiefs QB for the next 10-12 years.
[Reply]
DRM08 12:43 PM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
In one of the recent interviews, Mahomes said something that really stuck out as to his mindset: He said that in college he threw for many yards and TDs all the time but lost most of those games. He said he didn't come to the NFL to rack up stats but to win and he he was tired of losing so much in college.

The passion at which he said that and the look of determination in his eyes told me he is going to win A LOT of games as the Chiefs QB for the next 10-12 years.
Give him a defense worth a crap and he will win a ton of games. He had absolute rubbish defenses in both high school and college. I don't care who you are, it's hard as hell to win in that situation.

Deshaun Watson was amazing in college, but also had a ton of help from an elite defense at Clemson. In that Chiefs/Texans playoff game this year, Deshaun got a little taste of what it was like to be Mahomes in college. Texans defense was pure trash and Deshaun got run out of the stadium despite a 24 point lead early.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:13 PM 01-26-2020
Give him a defense worth a crap and he will win a ton of games. He had absolute rubbish defenses in both high school and college. I don't care who you are, it's hard as hell to win in that situation.

Deshaun Watson was amazing in college, but also had a ton of help from an elite defense at Clemson. In that Chiefs/Texans playoff game this year, Deshaun got a little tase of what it was like to be Mahomes in college. Texans defense was pure trash and Deshaun got run out of the stadium despite a 24 point lead early.
It was extra delicious after Deshaun and co. talking a ton of shit when they were up.

"shut up bitch".
[Reply]
BWillie 03:17 PM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Mahomes threw 34 TD in 16 games this year.
What is Mahomes stats INCLUDING playoff games compared to Lamar's total games?

Maybe MVP should go through Kansas City once again.
[Reply]
DRM08 03:17 PM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
It was extra delicious after Deshaun and co. talking a ton of shit when they were up.

"shut up bitch".
Playing air guitar on the sidelines, haha. That sure ended up backfiring!!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:18 PM 01-26-2020
RETURN for the climactic clash between the forces of good and evil...

RETURN to a galaxy far, far away....

RETURN OF THE TROPHY....

THE NEXT CHAPTER IN THE CONTINUING SHOWTIME SAGA!

Trailer premieres TONIGHT in a Cinema in YOUR galaxy!

[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 03:19 PM 01-26-2020
never let Pat near a helicopter ever
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:19 PM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

"shut up bitch".
The "Air Guitar" game. :-)
[Reply]
eDave 03:20 PM 01-26-2020

[Reply]
Page 1775 of 2687
« First < 775127516751725176517711772177317741775 17761777177817791785182518752275 > Last »
Up