ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1675 of 2687
« First < 675117515751625166516711672167316741675 167616771678167916851725177521752675 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:22 PM 09-30-2019

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:25 PM 09-30-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
By The Power of Grayskull
[Reply]
Coogs 05:16 AM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by DRM08:
In fact I wish he had done more of the Alex Smith type throws in this game. He kept going deep downfield when it was clear he did not have the deep ball accuracy today.
:-) Offense was fine. Only 2 punts. Missed a FG and 3 fumbles. Scored the rest of them. Never neuter this offense.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 07:32 AM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
That right there.

Is a born. ****ing. Leader.

WAKANDA FOREVER
WAKANDA FOREVER!!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:34 AM 10-01-2019
tuna in boys

Good morning. Please tuna in to #RedTribeCinema at noon today to learn why the Detroit Lions don't like water. pic.twitter.com/qurI0Loz1J

— 60 Sent (@ClayWendler) October 1, 2019

[Reply]
Halfcan 08:40 AM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
And then.... Mahomes did exactly what he said he was going to do. He drove his team to victory. And everyone lived happily ever after. Well, accept the loser Lions. :-)
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:06 AM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I think it's very clear that the WR weren't running the right routes several times. PMII is literally an expert of this offense, remember it took ASS11 like 4-5 years to fully understand it. That's the reason why he was so pissed, it's because the young WRs weren't doing the right things. I think playing on the turf had something to do with it too, maybe he expected the receivers to be faster, so he threw the ball a bit further than he would normally.

If you watch Hardman closely, you still see some false steps and imprecise routes. There was one deep out where he took a false step upfield out of his cut and ended up not getting to the ball (which was zipped perfectly where it would need to go if the route was run correctly).

Credit to Detroit for its performance on D - impressive stuff - but KC left some plays out there (and still scored 27 punts despite 3 fumbles).
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:46 AM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
If you watch Hardman closely, you still see some false steps and imprecise routes. There was one deep out where he took a false step upfield out of his cut and ended up not getting to the ball (which was zipped perfectly where it would need to go if the route was run correctly).

Credit to Detroit for its performance on D - impressive stuff - but KC left some plays out there (and still scored 27 punts despite 3 fumbles).
Hardman's not even a good college route runner right now.

He goes out there freelancing like he's in High School and can expect to just pull away from guys and get a target after 3 seconds of dancing because his QBs just hanging out in a clean pocket. Don't work that way at this level, Mecole...

He really shouldn't be getting as much playing time as he is. He's unbelievably green and we're fortunate some of that stuff hasn't hurt us worse than it has. It isn't his fault that Hill got hurt; I don't expect Hardman was supposed to be more than a gadget guy.

But circumstances have the Chiefs asking more of him than he's able to give. He's a track athlete playing football right now and that's what separated Hill from guys like him - Hill was immediately showing an understanding of the nuances of the position, even as a rookie.

Hardman isn't. And that's not unexpected - Hill doing what he did was unreal. But Hardman is just damn far away.
[Reply]
O.city 10:19 AM 10-01-2019
The play where Mahomes missed him coming across the field, Hardman turns it slightly upfield, then is just out of reach. You just can't run imprecise routes.

I'm interested to see if Hill comes back this week. If you can have Hardman in that gadget role, running posts and goes, I think that's more ideal.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 10:27 AM 10-01-2019
Keep hearing....historical....with this kid.

Cassius Clay started out as a light heavy (Oly gold) his hand/foot speed had never seen before in the heavyweights. He was unique.

Tommie Smith was able to do something never seen before in sprinting, that being taking longer than a normal human to hit his topend. Actually ran down the Oly 100m champ to be Jim Hines on 4x1 anchor. He was unique.

Jim Brown, too big, too fast for his era, yep, unique.

We are seeing a unique talent in Mahomes.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:46 AM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
The play where Mahomes missed him coming across the field, Hardman turns it slightly upfield, then is just out of reach. You just can't run imprecise routes.

I'm interested to see if Hill comes back this week. If you can have Hardman in that gadget role, running posts and goes, I think that's more ideal.

This seems like unnecessarily sloppy mechanics from a QB capable of making some absurd off-platform and sidearm throws. Hell, he wasn't far off on this one with just a cross-body wrist flick. pic.twitter.com/hGY5SsUjOU

— Justin Rogers (@Justin_Rogers) October 1, 2019

I know Mahomes is God. But even God is going to struggle to be accurate consistently when throwing it like this.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:43 PM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

I know Mahomes is God. But even God is going to struggle to be accurate consistently when throwing it like this.
I agree. However, I'd like to know what's the context of that throw? Was he trying to hold a safety with his eyes/body?

If not, if he was just showing off, then yeah, he needs to clean that up and use proper mechanics to deliver a better ball, IMO. But let's be honest, showing off or not, the vast majority of the time he makes that throw.
[Reply]
O.city 12:48 PM 10-01-2019
I actually think it was right on the money, it's the one where Hardman takes a step to turn it up field instead of staying flat. If he stays flat, it's a completion.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:49 PM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

He was getting killed as soon as he released the ball. I don't see an issue in how he got it out.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:56 PM 10-01-2019
Sure - but it's still going to be hard to be accurate throwing it like that.
[Reply]
Page 1675 of 2687
« First < 675117515751625166516711672167316741675 167616771678167916851725177521752675 > Last »
Up