ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1662 of 2687
« First < 662116215621612165216581659166016611662 166316641665166616721712176221622662 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:57 PM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
It’s hilarious how confused the defense is throughout this entire play. They just have no idea what to do. I’m also sure we have some other awesome play off of this exact formation and motion that will go for a long TD.

https://twitter.com/danorlovsky7/sta...917984768?s=20
That was the Steve Deberg fake. Loved it.

(Does everyone remember when Chief Fan wanted Reid fired? Good times.)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:01 PM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
That was the Steve Deberg fake. Loved it.

(Does everyone remember when Chief Fan wanted Reid fired? Good times.)
Chief Fan wants him fired every offseason and at least a couple times during the season

stupid ass Chief Fan
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:02 PM 09-27-2019
Is anyone else getting annoyed with hearing people say it’s a bad idea to pay Mahomes? Like what the fuck else should the Chiefs do? Flip him for picks? Fuck that nonsense.

Anyway, there’s several reasons why paying Mahomes won’t kill us:

First, the Chiefs have over $20 million in cap space right now. They also have $13 million in dead cap that they’re still paying to Justin Houston and Eric Berry.

This means they could easily afford to pay Mahomes and have essentially this same roster around him, which most seem to agree is good enough to win a Super Bowl in most seasons.

Second, Sammy Watkins is a team friendly cut this offseason which frees up even more. With the emergence of Demarcus Robinson and Mecole Hardman, Watkins is hardly a necessity. Additionally, most of the Chiefs skill players were mid round picks or later so it’s reasonable to assume that Andy Reid will continue to find cheap talent at those positions (Kelce, Hill, Robinson, Darrell Williams, Darwin Thompson, Deanthony Thomas, etc).

Third, most of the key players for the Chiefs have already been paid. The only exception (besides Mahomes) is Chris Jones. The Chiefs don’t have any other really big pay days coming. I wouldn’t be shocked if the Chiefs flipped Jones for picks anyway. They’d easily get a first out of him.

Fourth (and probably most importantly), a new CBA is on the horizon. The salary cap is expected to increase substantially.

If the Chiefs fall apart, it won’t be because they paid Mahomes. It’ll be due to injuries to key players creating dead cap (Berry and Houston for example) or poor drafting.

Fifth, we have a true generational talent at the most important position in pro team sports. You never let that get away. Never fucking ever.

Am I missing something?
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:05 PM 09-27-2019
Who is saying it's a bad idea to pay Mahomes?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:06 PM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Mostly jealous fans of other teams. Online nonsense chatter.
[Reply]
Shaid 02:31 PM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by RedRaider56:
Mahomes looks like he's taking a dump in that picture
Looks like he's getting a rectal exam.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:37 PM 09-27-2019
Isn't a given that we, and when I say "we" I mean the Hunts, are going to pay him? It's a no-brainer that Pat will be a Chief for his entire career, barring injury/something incredibly stupid.
[Reply]
DRM08 02:55 PM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Is anyone else getting annoyed with hearing people say it’s a bad idea to pay Mahomes? Like what the **** else should the Chiefs do? Flip him for picks? **** that nonsense.

Anyway, there’s several reasons why paying Mahomes won’t kill us:

First, the Chiefs have over $20 million in cap space right now. They also have $13 million in dead cap that they’re still paying to Justin Houston and Eric Berry.

This means they could easily afford to pay Mahomes and have essentially this same roster around him, which most seem to agree is good enough to win a Super Bowl in most seasons.

Second, Sammy Watkins is a team friendly cut this offseason which frees up even more. With the emergence of Demarcus Robinson and Mecole Hardman, Watkins is hardly a necessity. Additionally, most of the Chiefs skill players were mid round picks or later so it’s reasonable to assume that Andy Reid will continue to find cheap talent at those positions (Kelce, Hill, Robinson, Darrell Williams, Darwin Thompson, Deanthony Thomas, etc).

Third, most of the key players for the Chiefs have already been paid. The only exception (besides Mahomes) is Chris Jones. The Chiefs don’t have any other really big pay days coming. I wouldn’t be shocked if the Chiefs flipped Jones for picks anyway. They’d easily get a first out of him.

Fourth (and probably most importantly), a new CBA is on the horizon. The salary cap is expected to increase substantially.

If the Chiefs fall apart, it won’t be because they paid Mahomes. It’ll be due to injuries to key players creating dead cap (Berry and Houston for example) or poor drafting.

Fifth, we have a true generational talent at the most important position in pro team sports. You never let that get away. Never ****ing ever.

Am I missing something?
If you ever feel bad about Pat’s money, just realize that guys like Goff/Wentz/Prescott will be getting similar money. I would guess Mayfield and whoever else will demand even more than Mahomes, despite the gap in performance. It’s just the way the NFL is now. If your QB is the least bit decent, you pay top dollar for him. Generational QB is actually a discount when you look at guys like Goff.
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:57 PM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Mostly jealous fans of other teams. Online nonsense chatter.
Fans of other teams?? The thing you do with fans of other teams is, if they bother you I'll take care of em- what you gotta do with fans of other teams is you cut the hamstring on the back of their legs right at the bottom they'll never watch football again because they goes back the weight displacement goes back and it stays there all their weight is on the right foot they're gonna be pushing everything off to the right and they'll never come through on anything. They'll quit the game.
[Reply]
seamonster 03:00 PM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Common sense is. I'd rather win a superbowl then watch Mahomes lay waste to the Chiefs cap space with a 40mil per year contract. Steph Curry never hamstrung the warriors with that kind of extension...Very sad about this situation but it is the Chiefs. They'll make due with a cut-rate shit ass defense and be the next Dolphins (irony).
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 03:07 PM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by seamonster:
Common sense is. I'd rather win a superbowl then watch Mahomes lay waste to the Chiefs cap space with a 40mil per year contract. Steph Curry never hamstrung the warriors with that kind of extension...Very sad about this situation but it is the Chiefs. They'll make due with a cut-rate shit ass defense and be the next Dolphins (irony).
I'm pretty sure Steph Curry was the highest paid player in the NBA last season, but go on...

I'm really baffled why you'd even bring Curry into the discussion. Who gave you the impression he was some budget player? He's not.

I can't believe you'd suggest KC will improve without the best player on earth. It's mind melting. All this suffering to get a QB, and of course SOMEONE will think "Yeah, but these really good QB's sure are expensive! We need to bolster that OL!"

**** man. Reading that caused me physical pain.
[Reply]
Shaid 03:08 PM 09-27-2019
You really can't be serious. It is so unbelievably rare to win without a franchise QB that when you get a generational talent like Mahomes, you don't even think twice. He makes players look like studs. No Tyreek, no problem. His first game playing with backups, all of a sudden Albert Wilson looks like a stud. He's the guy you pay above all else and then you protect him and work on a competent D. That's how you win championships. Tom took a big contract and was the top paid guy for a while as well. It's just how it goes. He didn't take the hometown discount until lately so he could cement his legacy. You don't win without the stud QB and we haven't had one in forever. To even think about not paying him is so unbelievably stupid it defies all logic.
[Reply]
seamonster 03:14 PM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by Shaid:
You really can't be serious. It is so unbelievably rare to win without a franchise QB that when you get a generational talent like Mahomes, you don't even think twice. He makes players look like studs. No Tyreek, no problem. His first game playing with backups, all of a sudden Albert Wilson looks like a stud. He's the guy you pay above all else and then you protect him and work on a competent D. That's how you win championships. Tom took a big contract and was the top paid guy for a while as well. It's just how it goes. He didn't take the hometown discount until lately so he could cement his legacy. You don't win without the stud QB and we haven't had one in forever. To even think about not paying him is so unbelievably stupid it defies all logic.
Blame the salary cap. Unless you're the Broncos and can con the system you'll wind up with a clown defense. See the Bengals loosing to the Seahawks by only one point as an example.
[Reply]
DRM08 03:15 PM 09-27-2019
Not like the Chiefs have done a great job drafting the defensive side of the ball.
[Reply]
rydogg58 03:16 PM 09-27-2019
That's not what common sense looks like.
[Reply]
Page 1662 of 2687
« First < 662116215621612165216581659166016611662 166316641665166616721712176221622662 > Last »
Up