ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 153 of 2681
« First < 53103143149150151152153 1541551561571632032536531153 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
RunKC 03:00 PM 05-11-2017
Go watch Rodgers and see what people say. Dude fires balls into double coverage all the damn time but gets away with it bc it's hard as **** to intercept a ball thrown with that much velocity.

Mahomes throws it the same way.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:29 PM 05-11-2017
Originally Posted by BossChief:
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/5...-in-his-career

Nice read with Favre talking about Mahomes...
Nice read by Kissel... if Mahomes busts, I will leave CP forever

And if Mahomes doesnt start in 2018, Tigger can choose my avatar for the year

You dont have to be Vince Lombardi to see the stars aligning just right on this one, it goes beyond mere hope into the realm of... luck is preparation, talent and leadership meeting opportunity

Reid - Holmgren
Mahomes - Favre
Hunt - Edgar Bennett
Kelce - Mark Chmura
Maclin or ? - Antonio Freeman
Jones - Reggie White
Berry - LeRoy Butler
Peters - Al Harris

We're about to recreate that kind of magic, Lambeau South
[Reply]
Halfcan 04:00 PM 05-11-2017
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Nice read by Kissel... if Mahomes busts, I will leave CP forever

And if Mahomes doesnt start in 2018, Tigger can choose my avatar for the year

You dont have to be Vince Lombardi to see the stars aligning just right on this one, it goes beyond mere hope into the realm of... luck is preparation, talent and leadership meeting opportunity

Reid - Holmgren
Mahomes - Favre
Hunt - Edgar Bennett
Kelce - Mark Chmura
Maclin or ? - Antonio Freeman
Jones - Reggie White
Berry - LeRoy Butler
Peters - Al Harris

We're about to recreate that kind of magic, Lambeau South
Those are huge shoes to fill- Favre and White are the best of all time in my lifetime.

I like Jones but he is not even in Reggie's zip code. White is the best I have ever seen play with DT a close second. White might be the best defensive player of all time. If Jones could have half the career he did, we will all be very happy. Same with Mahomes.

The Chiefs have a huge advantage over everyone else on that list.
[Reply]
MTG#10 04:02 PM 05-11-2017
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Those are huge shoes to fill- Favre and White are the best of all time in my lifetime.

I like Jones but he is not even in Reggie's zip code. White is the best I have ever seen play with DT a close second. White might be the best defensive player of all time. If Jones could have half the career he did, we will all be very happy. Same with Mahomes.

Favre couldn't hold Brady's jock, or Montana's/Peyton's for that matter...
[Reply]
Halfcan 04:03 PM 05-11-2017
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
“Throwing hard and far made sense to me, but I never was taught to throw in the flats, a high-low, or man vs. zone, and footwork. I was never really taught any of that stuff (in college).

“Had it not been for pure talent alone, I would have never made it. I can’t tell you the times I overcame my lack of football knowledge by being able to pull it through, over or scrambling and bailing myself out because I didn’t understand the dynamics of what we were doing.”

Oh Noes but his mechanics are bad!!

This!!! I hate it when PM2 throws 80 yard perfect spiral bombs off his back foot. :-)
[Reply]
Halfcan 04:06 PM 05-11-2017
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
Favre couldn't hold Brady's jock, or Montana's/Peyton's for that matter...
All played on absolutely loaded teams most of their career. The stat also tell the story. Favre was an Iron Man.

For PM2 to be compared to Favre by people that know- is a Huge compliment to the kid IMO.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:16 PM 05-11-2017
Originally Posted by Halfcan:

Its not a done deal of course, but it can get there pretty quick IMVHO

I can just feel it, its right there... the Kansas City Chiefs have all the makings of dynasty in the making

The way John Dorsey builds a team continues to bring to mind the great franchises of modern times... Green Bay, Pittsburgh, New England

With this wildly talented new QB, the right coach to guide him, and Dorseys continued ability to see the big picture... the sky is the limit
[Reply]
Halfcan 04:26 PM 05-11-2017

I can just feel it, its right there... the Kansas City Chiefs have all the makings of dynasty in the making

The way John Dorsey builds a team continues to bring to mind the great franchises of modern times... Green Bay, Pittsburgh, New England

With this wildly talented new QB, the right coach to guide him, and Dorseys continued ability to see the big picture... the sky is the limit
:-) Excellent post.

Dorsey amazes me because he decides what the team needs at a certain spot and then finds the best player to fit that very specific need. He does not listen to any hype.

Look at our picks this year. He is taking guys they think can be coached up, put in a winning enviroment, with All Pro vets to tutor them- and hopefully end up with a sack full of diamonds out of coal.

He is constantly looking to upgrade the talent accross the board. Look at the crop of Undrafted players he brought in. I would not be surprised if at least 3 make the team, with others landing on the practice squad. It is like we got back any picks used to trade up.

Exciting times to be a Chiefs fan for sure!!
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:56 PM 05-11-2017

Easy is correct.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:58 PM 05-11-2017
And Mahooooooooooooomes of the...CHIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEFS
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:09 PM 05-11-2017
Here's another great podcast about Mahomes, fellas. Take 30 minutes out of your time and give it a listen. In this pod, Seth Keysor puts to bed the theory that Mahomes takes any longer than 1 year to start, and also explains why his perceived flaws are greatly overanalyzed. He's been a huge fan of 2PM since long before the draft, like many on here.

http://arrowheadaddict.com/2017/05/1...-mahomes-plan/
[Reply]
RunKC 06:22 PM 05-11-2017
So just realized with this regimes successful history in the regular season + Alex's history indicates there's more of a chance we see Mr. Mahomes in 2017.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:31 PM 05-11-2017
Listening at the moment, but Ryan Tracy starts off all wrong talking about how Mahomes footwork and mechanics will need to be addressed

Even Favre himself talked about it in Kissels interview that Boss Chief posted... to the point, Reid isnt going to be out to 'fix' either of those things

When a player has the abilities that Mahomes does, good coaches dont worry about those two things, they dont want to start an entirely new learning curve by fixing things that arent really broken

If they can execute the play with crazy footwork and mechanics, they can execute the play

No one ever stopped, or even tried/tries to stop Favre or Rodgers from throwing from unorthodox platforms that would destroy lesser talents... across the body to the other side of the field, off the back foot, sidearm etc

If they can make the throw, they can make it

When Mahomes has a command of the verbiage, and mostly knows when to check down to live another day... thats when he starts

Guarantee Reid doesnt give a damn about mechanics, only decision making and playbook knowledge
[Reply]
BossChief 06:31 PM 05-11-2017
If we're talking upside, I'd go like this...

Mahomes ... Rodgers
Hunt .... Emmitt
Hill .... Antonio Brown
Kelce ... Gonzales
Peters ...Deion
Jones ... Bruce Smith
Houston ... Kevin Greene
Mitchell ... Hasty
Logan ... Saleamua
Berry ... Reed/Dawkins
[Reply]
Canofbier 06:36 PM 05-11-2017