ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 100 of 2683
« First < 509096979899100 1011021031041101502006001100 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:54 PM 05-03-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
hold up bud

you and I have a pending bet that goes into effect as soon as the 2018 offseason begins:
So he has two bets now. If he loses your bet and mine, he is banned for both amounts of time.
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:55 PM 05-03-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
Dummy, he needs to learn quickly to be a backup. Reid implies Bray is the likely #2 to start the year. Also, Smith will be on the roster in 2018. Mayock and I will be right about that. Wanna wager a 3 month ban on that?
Yes exactly he needs to quickly be ready to be backup because Alex Smith may not make it through the season and he has to be ready at a whims notice to go in.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:55 PM 05-03-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
So he has two bets now. If he loses your bet and mine, he is banned for both amounts of time.
:-)

I'm down
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:59 PM 05-03-2017
Just think....if Alex plays to his mediocre norm in 2017 and is then cut, we could be Tigger free from February thru October 2018...at which point I'm guessing he would never return.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:05 PM 05-03-2017
Andy Reid on NFL Insiders today talking about Mahomes:

"He gets to come in and take his time to learn in a room with a good quarterback and good coaches, and take his time to learn. Now, there's obviously an urgency within that 'take your time', because we're gonna expect him to learn it quickly, but realistically he doesn't have to play this year, and we'll just see how things go after that."

Does that sound like a guy who has any plans right now for Smith to still be playing in 2018? No, it doesn't quite honestly.

Eat a dick, Tiger.
I think you're reading a little into the word 'play.'

I'm not as certain as you are that it means named franchise starter.

Not playing the first year means watching and learning the whole time.

Then 'we'll see' about some playing time.

Leaves him open to continue to be wowed. Leaves him open to continue to percolate 2PM's skillset, 'seeing' about getting him into the mix more and more as opportunity arises in year 2.
[Reply]
Canofbier 04:06 PM 05-03-2017
Please, please don't get into another pissing match...this thread was a fucking chore to read for an extended stretch because of a few of you.
[Reply]
ChiefAshhole1056 04:07 PM 05-03-2017
Doubt he sees the field at all this season. Think is the first time I've ever been more excited about the preseason than regular season though.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 04:12 PM 05-03-2017
Barring injury, Mahomes will be the starter in 2018. I'd make that bet.
My bet is an injury free Smith will be on the roster for 2018.
[Reply]
Rasputin 04:14 PM 05-03-2017
Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole1056:
Doubt he sees the field at all this season. Think is the first time I've ever been more excited about the preseason than regular season though.
He should get opportunities to get on the field even for a few plays. If our team is getting blown out or even better out team is blowing out the other team would be good times to put him in just so he can get a good feel and soak it up. It would be pointless to do that with Bray. He can ease into it during the season by giving him a series or two in games. You can gauge how ready he is.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:06 PM 05-03-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
My bet is an injury free Smith will be on the roster for 2018.
What is the point of that? You've been saying for a week that Mahomes will sit for 2 years. Well, that would seem to indicate Smith will be the 2018 starter, from your view.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:10 PM 05-03-2017
Originally Posted by :
Andy Reid was on the Colin Cowherd show last year and he was asked what is now a pretty relevant question.

Cowhere: Ideally, if there were no media or fan or owner distractions, how long would you have a rookie quarterback sit?

“I would give him a year,” Reid said. “I did that with Donovan (McNabb). I kinda brought him along through that first year and then the last couple games, we weren’t very good, it gave him an opportunity to get in there and start. I was lucky enough to bring Doug Pederson with me as a quarterback at that time and it was good to have him take all the blows in Philadelphia for Donovan. And also Donovan, teach him. It’s the blitz game those kids need to work on and knowing how to take their drop against those looks.”
^^ From an article today on AP. http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/5...-a-year-to-sit

Reid says he ideally would give a rookie QB one year to develop and be on the bench.
[Reply]
milkman 05:55 PM 05-03-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
This is what you love about the kid. His eyes are always downfield. Alex doesn't do this..he puts his head down and just takes off.

The thing about this gif is that you see a nice awareness.

He feels the pressure behind him and moves, and avoids the pressure coming from his left to make that throw.

Originally Posted by RunKC:
One of the few plays where his feet were solid and his mechanics looked good. Good drop stepping into the throw. Right on the ****ing money.

This will look a lot like what the finished product will be folks

What I love about this is that the receiver only has a couple of steps on the DB, and Mahomes drops in a basket 40-45 yards downfield.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:00 PM 05-03-2017
If a guy is worth a shit, he doesn't take 2 fucking years to be ready to play. That is stupid talk. Guys like Paxton Lynch, who are dumb as fuck and never will accomplish anything...sure. Rodgers only sat due to a HOFer blocking his path. Mahomes starts in 18.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:02 PM 05-03-2017
Originally Posted by milkman:
The thing about this gif is that you see a nice awareness.

He feels the pressure behind him and moves, and avoids the pressure coming from his left to make that throw.
One of the most important traits for any QB in the league...
[Reply]
Red Dawg 06:12 PM 05-03-2017
I predict Mahomes is starting in 2018. He can't sit for two of three years of possible 5. We spent two first rounders on him. Outside of Smith wing the SB they won't pay his 18 mil salary just to let their investment sit another. They had the guts to go for it in the draft then he should play in 2018.
[Reply]
Page 100 of 2683
« First < 509096979899100 1011021031041101502006001100 > Last »
Up