ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 164 of 341
« First < 64114154160161162163164 165166167168174214264 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Pointer19 03:25 PM 02-16-2020
Attention anybody with a 19x or Gen5 19/45!

I backordered a 19x back in December for a smoking deal, but the store decided they're not stocking any more 19xs. I bought a Tier 1 Concealed holster and an Inforce APLc in anticipation of the sweet new carry setup, but I don't feel like spending almost $100 extra on the gun anymore.

My loss is your gain. Looking to sell the holster and light, and I'll even donate $15 of the sale to Patrick's 15 and the Mahomies for you. Shoot me a PM if you want details.
[Reply]
F150 09:29 AM 02-17-2020
Anybody here know anything about 17 HMR's? I think they would be a fun little pickup truck rifle?
[Reply]
LiveSteam 10:39 AM 02-17-2020
Yes. I have one. Its a Savage Arms with a target barrel.
Fast but does not buck wind well. No 17 will buck wind well.
I no more got home and unboxed the 17HMR to then find out a new 17 was set to hit the market. The Winchester Super Mag. The new .17 WSM is the worlds fastest rim fire.
So before you buy the HMR.. Take a good hard look at the win super mag.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:45 PM 02-28-2020
So I won a gun through a local Shrine Club gun raffle.

It's a Beretta 92F Bronze/Black Handgun 9mm.

I've never shot or handled a Beretta and only fired a 9 a few times. What kind of a gun did I win myself?
[Reply]
Raiderhater 11:39 PM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

I've never shot or handled a Beretta and only fired a 9 a few times. What kind of a gun did I win myself?
It is basically what the US military adopted as the M9. I have never handled a 92F, but at one time it was one of the most popular firearms in use. I have absolutely no use whatsoever for 9mm but, I’d take a 92 in a heartbeat due to its iconic image/history.

Beretta at one time used to be known for their pistols with the 92 being the pinnacle of their success. These days their over under shotguns are all that I would consider spending money on (and those are pricey).
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:57 PM 02-28-2020
I think you got a great gun. I'm a little jealous.

I've owned two Beretta 92Fs, and a 96 (.40 S&W).

They are really good guns. Very reliable, good accuracy. 92s are large duty-size guns which soaks up felt recoil pretty well, making fast accurate shooting pretty easy. They also were very popular at one time, so there's plenty of spare parts, magazines, holsters, accessories, etc., available everywhere for relatively cheap.

They are DA/SA triggers, which some people don't like, and generally require some practice to be fast with. This is particularly true of the 92/96 as the trigger pull in DA is quite long. However, the gun has a relatively long sight-radius and the triggers are fairly smooth despite their length. And the DA/SA system is very safe to use in a defensive situation.

They also have fairly large grips, so if you have small hands they can be difficult to operate well. Or you can buy a short trigger unit, I believe.

The Beretta 92F is an older design so you might have trouble installing a light (most 92s don't have an accessory rail), and the sights are usually cast on the slide, so replacing the sights will require a gunsmith that can cut your slide. Though your new 92 might have modern replaceable sights installed on it.

Overall, everything about the 92F is well-engineered. The controls are where they're supposed to be, large enough to use easily, and they all function in a positive manner. Under normal use it will give you decades of flawless operation.

It's size might prevent you from using it as a carry gun, unless you're a pretty big person, but as a home defense/truck gun it would be perfect.

I should add that Beretta has been making the 92 for more than 40 years; all the kinks have been worked out of the gun. It's about as perfect in execution as a gun can be for its type.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:42 AM 02-29-2020

I assume this is it?

Definite score on your part. Nice pistol. Probably a little too big and heavy to be a good carry gun, but a great choice for a home defender.

Congratulations!
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:52 AM 02-29-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I assume this is it?

Definite score on your part. Nice pistol. Probably a little too big and heavy to be a good carry gun, but a great choice for a home defender.

Congratulations!
I haven’t got it yet but I think so.
[Reply]
roman gnome 01:20 AM 02-29-2020
Sweet gun , you will love it !

Shoot it often, you will like it!
[Reply]
roman gnome 01:27 AM 02-29-2020
my new favorite, 3in shotgun !!
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:59 AM 02-29-2020
I assume this is it?

Congratulations!
Wow, that's pretty. Skip using it as a truck gun; should do whatever you can to keep that thing looking new. Home defense gun is your best option.

I checked and I was right, they make a short reach trigger aftermarket kit for that 92. My recommendation, should you desire one, is Wilson Combat. You should be able to find them on Brownell's website, possibly MidwayUSA, as well as Wilson Combat.

Note: a 'short reach trigger kit' does not shorten the length of pull/draw of the trigger at all. A difference in the contour of the trigger shortens the actual distance from the backstrap to the front of the trigger face by about 2 millimeters. The trigger draw length will remain the same, you just don't need the same length of finger to get your booger hooker onto the face of the trigger.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 11:58 AM 03-01-2020

Well, first off, congrats! The 92F is a great gun. Take it to the range and shoot about 200 rounds. You'll see it is loads of fun! :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 03:04 PM 03-01-2020
The only issue I have with the Beretta as a home defender is the external safety. Unless you practice/familiarize yourself to the point where disengaging the safety becomes second nature, which most of us won't do, if a situation arises (and those situations tend to come unannounced), you may forget that it's on. And that's really bad. The less you have to think about the better.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:12 PM 03-01-2020
The only issue I have with the Beretta as a home defender is the external safety. Unless you practice/familiarize yourself to the point where disengaging the safety becomes second nature, which most of us won't do, if a situation arises (and those situations tend to come unannounced), you may forget that it's on. And that's really bad. The less you have to think about the better.
I believe that you can replace the stock safety with a decocker-only aftermarket part, which Beretta also makes. Then you don't have to worry about leaving the safety on.

Or you can do what I always did and just leave the safety off. The gun is a DA/SA already, so for the first round the gun operates exactly like a typical revolver; you don't have safeties on revolvers because you don't need one. The long DA trigger pull is your safety.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:28 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I believe that you can replace the stock safety with a decocker-only aftermarket part, which Beretta also makes. Then you don't have to worry about leaving the safety on.

Or you can do what I always did and just leave the safety off. The gun is a DA/SA already, so for the first round the gun operates exactly like a typical revolver; you don't have safeties on revolvers because you don't need one. The long DA trigger pull is your safety.
My primary carry gun is a CZ 75 D compact. Love the decocker.
[Reply]
Page 164 of 341
« First < 64114154160161162163164 165166167168174214264 > Last »
Up