ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 77 of 162
« First < 27677374757677 7879808187127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 03:50 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That's just the thing. The expanded playoff format actually benefits one of those teams.

In year's past, FOUR of those teams would miss the playoffs, not just 3. So in a way, it's better for them in year's past.

The only team that gets screwed is the #2 seed. And no, it's not about winning, it's about avoiding injuries.
yeah...it's crazy how top heavy the AFC is this year, and you're right that adding the extra team is still going to keep a couple very good teams out....

And I also don't disagree that playing 2 games isn't much more preferable than 3 games (I don't count the SB as a "4th game" since there is a bye week regardless, but that's semantics).....and for the exact reasons you state: Injury only. But the reality is that those injuries could happen on Sunday, or next week, or anytime before we get there anyways, yet we're gonna line up with team we have. No sense worrying about it now, with 5 games left on the schedule. A lot can happen in that time frame.

Finally, I just don't think, in the end, it will matter much. In fact, I'm of the opinion that the Steelers are DOA if they don't get the #1....it means way more to them than it does a 14-15 win Chiefs team....without the #1, the Steelers go nowhere (not that anyone thinks they are anyways except delusional Steelers fans)....
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 03:50 PM 12-04-2020
Counting Rivers to not be Rivers. Not a really good bet, sorry.
He's on pace for about a dozen. Not exactly one of his worst years.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:52 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
It's not so much the volume but the timing. In big games, he throws them at the worst possible times.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 03:53 PM 12-04-2020
If Rivers doesn't shit the bed, I actually think the Colts are the best matchup to beating the Steelers.

Steelers will struggle on O against them....Colts can run the ball and play time control, and Rivers is good enough to take the shots when they come open....

If he can play clean, and not give the Steelers short-fields to work with, then they have a real shot.....but that's a big "IF"
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:03 PM 12-04-2020
3-game losing streak for the Steelers incoming!
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 04:09 PM 12-04-2020
OK, whatever. I'm done fighting about it. What happens happens.

I just think it's ****ing CRIMINAL that the Chiefs have by far the best team in the league, with not just the best QB in the league but statistically one of best QB seasons EVER, and they're going to be forced to play a ****ing wild card game because of the ****ing schedule and not because the team ahead of them is actually a better football team.

I hate the new playoff format. Absolutely. ****ing. Hate it.
Why would you think it's already over? I'd say the Chiefs have a much better chance of running the table than the Steelers.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 04:25 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Not fighting just trying to get you to understand that your logic is flawed and inconsistent. I just think you have a defeatist attitude in regards to the Chiefs getting the bye when there’s no reason to assume it’s over. They literally just have to lose 1 AFC game and we have a legitimate shot.

Like I said before, the Chiefs have a more realistic shot at the #1 seed now than they did at this time last year.

There are plenty of reasons to still have hope that they end up with the bye.
The more I think about this, the more I realize that the Chiefs not only have a more realistic shot at #1 than they did this time last year, at this time last year, they were 8-4 going into a 10-2 New England game....and even winning that game were still in doubt for the #3 seed, with realistic possibilities that they ended up the #4 seed behind Houston. Even winning that game, they needed help to end up the #2, and in the last week of the season, still could have ended up #4....

The point: It's too early to just assume we'll end up being the #2. I think we'll lose in NOLA, and win the rest, and still think our shot at #1 is fine. and if not, there's no team I'd be more confident in running the table than the Chiefs....in fact, I think we'd play three home games in that scenario, but we're not losing to the Steelers one way or another....
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:30 PM 12-04-2020
https://theathletic.com/2234716/2020...-head-coaches/

NFL Power Rankings Week 12: Head coach progress reports for all 32 teams

By Sheil Kapadia

Expected Power Rating (EPR), a metric developed by our very own Ethan Douglas that measures overall team strength and attempts to separate aspects of on-field performance that are likely to be sustainable from those that are the result of luck and randomness.

1. Kansas City Chiefs (10-1)
Kapadia rank: 1 | EPR rank: 1

Exceeding expectations: If aliens landed on earth, watched the Chiefs’ offense play a game of football and then watched most other NFL offenses, they would think they were witnessing two different sports. We know what we’re getting with Andy Reid at this point: creative play calls, pass-heavy game plans and either a cheeseburger or sweet and sour pork reference during his post-game press conferences. Reid continues to be ahead of the curve with his offensive philosophy and has done a tremendous job of maximizing the wealth of talent at his disposal. Some of the game management issues that plagued him earlier in his career could surface at any time, but for the most part, Patrick Mahomes’ smarts and command have alleviated those. Reid has been great for a long time, but at 62 years old, he is likely just now experiencing the most fruitful stretch of his career.

2. Pittsburgh Steelers (11-0)
Kapadia: 2 | EPR: 2

Exceeding expectations: I mostly hate the “this guy doesn’t get enough credit” brand of football analysis, but it actually applies to Mike Tomlin. Last year he dragged a Mason Rudolph/Devlin Hodges-led team to a .500 record. And this year the Steelers are undefeated. Tomlin’s 14-year stretch without a losing record is one of the most remarkable feats by a coach in recent memory. Tomlin has not been afraid to embrace a pass-heavy approach even though he’s a defensive-minded coach.

3. Green Bay Packers (8-3)
Kapadia: 3 | EPR: 4

Exceeding expectations: The Packers are 21-6 under Matt LaFleur. Aaron Rodgers is supremely talented, but it’s unlikely that anyone would describe him as easy to coach. This year could have gone sideways for Green Bay after the Packers traded up for Jordan Love in the first round. Instead, the Packers rank second in offensive efficiency, and LaFleur has helped get an MVP-caliber performance out of Rodgers at the age of 37. There are other areas where LaFleur deserves credit: One, his game scripts have been fantastic. The Packers lead the NFL in Expected Points Added (EPA) on opening possessions, according to TruMedia. And two, LaFleur has taken over as the league’s most aggressive fourth-down decision-maker. His game management has been strong, and he’s willing to take smart risks to keep his offense on the field and be aggressive.

4. New Orleans Saints (9-2)
Kapadia: 5 | EPR: 3

Exceeding expectations: Sean Payton gives the Saints an edge every week. They are currently 9-2, and their plus-101 point is tops in the NFC. That’s despite having played six games without Michael Thomas and two without Drew Brees (yes, one of those was against the quarterback-less Broncos, but still). New Orleans is 7-0 in the last two seasons without Brees. The Saints are at a level where they’ll ultimately be judged by their playoff performance, but there’s no denying that Payton has done a fantastic job so far.

5. Seattle Seahawks (8-3)
Kapadia: 4 | EPR: 6

Exceeding expectations: Pete Carroll is a tough one to evaluate. It seemed for most of the season like he’d embraced the idea of putting the team on Russell Wilson’s shoulders. But now Pete Carroll said the magic number is 50+ combined completions and rush attempts is what helps you win games. He credits Vince Lombardi for that formula. Carroll has built a great culture, and his teams play with great effort and energy. The Seahawks are 8-3 and in first place in the NFC West. Given their remaining schedule, they have a great shot at earning the top seed in the NFC and competing for a Super Bowl. But Carroll still has issues with game management, and the Seahawks’ defense ranks 26th in DVOA. It sounds crazy to say this late in the season, but it still feels like the Seahawks are finding their identity.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 04:45 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:

[b]
2. Pittsburgh Steelers (11-0)
Kapadia: 2 | EPR: 2

Exceeding expectations: I mostly hate the “this guy doesn’t get enough credit” brand of football analysis, but it actually applies to Mike Tomlin. Last year he dragged a Mason Rudolph/Devlin Hodges-led team to a .500 record. And this year the Steelers are undefeated. Tomlin’s 14-year stretch without a losing record is one of the most remarkable feats by a coach in recent memory. Tomlin has not been afraid to embrace a pass-heavy approach even though he’s a defensive-minded coach.
I can't disagree with the assessment of Tomlin. He's one hell of a coach, but his team reminds me of the Chiefs teams in the 90's. Our great defenses under Marty were almost good enough, but our offense just wasn't up to the task. If an opposing QB solved us just enough to put up about 20 points, we were in serious trouble. I see that same problem for the Steelers and Mahomes is just the guy to do it.
[Reply]
crispystl 04:54 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
I can't disagree with the assessment of Tomlin. He's one hell of a coach, but his team reminds me of the Chiefs teams in the 90's. Our great defenses under Marty were almost good enough, but our offense just wasn't up to the task. If an opposing QB solved us just enough to put up about 20 points, we were in serious trouble. I see that same problem for the Steelers and Mahomes is just the guy to do it.

Mahomes absolutely destroyed the Steelers in his first game against them too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:10 PM 12-04-2020
Why would you think it's already over? I'd say the Chiefs have a much better chance of running the table than the Steelers.
Because I don't see the Steelers losing more than 1 game and unless that 1 game is Buffalo, they win a couple of other tiebreakers.

Anything is possible but right now, the Steelers have the best statistical chance of getting the #1 seed.

And again, it would be moot if the NFL hadn't decided to fuck with the playoff structure. No real reason for it other than money so fuck them.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 05:19 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by crispystl:
Mahomes absolutely destroyed the Steelers in his first game against them too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've said this a million times here on CP.....but I was at that game and it was freaking glorious!!!!!
[Reply]
notorious 05:24 PM 12-04-2020
Because I don't see the Steelers losing more than 1 game and unless that 1 game is Buffalo, they win a couple of other tiebreakers.

Anything is possible but right now, the Steelers have the best statistical chance of getting the #1 seed.

And again, it would be moot if the NFL hadn't decided to **** with the playoff structure. No real reason for it other than money so **** them.
You just wait.

With the NFC Least being a pile of shit and a lot of good records in the AFC, I foresee the NFL announcing an 8 team playoff.

Why let a huge business opportunity go to waste, especially when you can blame it on Covid?
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:45 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
You just wait.

With the NFC Least being a pile of shit and a lot of good records in the AFC, I foresee the NFL announcing an 8 team playoff.

Why let a huge business opportunity go to waste, especially when you can blame it on Covid?
8 teams, no byes. Fine with me. At least it's a more level playing field.

The whole one bye is fucking bullshit.
[Reply]
O.city 05:48 PM 12-04-2020
It seemed like one of those it ain’t broke so don’t fix it things

Either do two byes or none
[Reply]
Page 77 of 162
« First < 27677374757677 7879808187127 > Last »
Up