ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 75 of 162
« First < 25657172737475 7677787985125 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 02:24 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
So because they’ve won all their close games, they’re going to continue to win their close games? What kind of logic is that?

Winning close games for an entire season all the way to 16-0 isn’t sustainable. It’s really that simple.
I agree with this....I still use the 1995 Chiefs as the example, and forgot just how close to the vest that team played:

that team was something like 3-0 in OT (at a time when OT was sudden death), with 2 of those being forced in the last minute of the 4Q. 2 or 3 walk off returns for TDs....something like 7-1 in one score games....crazy things like Bono's run against the Cardinals.....

totally not sustainable over the long haul, particularly when you get deeper into the season and into the playoffs
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:24 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
This isn't about the Steelers WINNING 16 games. This is about the Steelers backing into 16-0 because there's nobody capable of beating them.
Whogivesa****.gif

So we smash them in the playoffs. If they make it that far.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:25 PM 12-04-2020
Bud Dupree had 6 of his sacks in the first 4 weeks of the season. But yeah, I guess compared to the 5 or 6 per season he got before now, it could be considered "break out". My bad there.
This is just silly. He’s in the top 20 for pass rush productivity. He’s not Watt, but he’s a top 4 player on that defense that has already lost one of those top 4.

To assume Dupree isn’t a huge loss to fit your narrative is some serious confirmation bias dude.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:25 PM 12-04-2020
Past history you say?

How many teams have gone 16-0? :-)
Look, I don't think they'll go 16-0. History says they won't.

But within the context of THIS season, they have as strong a chance as anybody in recent memory. They're tested in close games and they play one of the softest schedules in the last few years.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:26 PM 12-04-2020
Look, I don't think they'll go 16-0. History says they won't.

But within the context of THIS season, they have as strong a chance as anybody in recent memory. They're tested in close games and they play one of the softest schedules in the last few years.
Then what are we arguing about? Lol
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:27 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Whogivrsafuck.gif

So we smash them in the playoffs. If they make it that far.
Dude, we're not going to play them in the playoffs.

That's the ONLY reason I even care about this.

The Steelers don't DESERVE to get the only bye. If there were 2 byes like any other year, this is a non-issue.

As it is, the Steelers are going to get the #1 seed, lose their first game, and the Chiefs are going to have to play an extra game because of bullshit scheduling and rules changes.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:28 PM 12-04-2020

The Steelers don't DESERVE to get the only bye. If there were 2 byes like any other year, this is a non-issue.

As it is, the Steelers are going to get the #1 seed, lose their first game, and the Chiefs are going to have to play an extra game because of bullshit scheduling and rules changes.
So you can assume the Steelers are going to lose in the playoffs before the AFCCG, but you can’t assume they lose 1 before then despite still having to play 2 playoff teams?

Sorry, but this makes no sense man.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:28 PM 12-04-2020
Then what are we arguing about? Lol
See my response to PGM just now.

See also post #1059

I know.

Again, I'm not worried about the Chiefs beating the Steelers.

I'm just not keen on having to play an extra playoff game but right now, I think it's pretty much a given that the Chiefs are going to be the #2 seed.

It's just a sad ****ing shame because Pittsburgh doesn't even deserve the bye. All these people want to play the Steelers in the playoffs to exorcise some past demon but that's not going to happen. They're going to get the bye and then lose in the divisional round while we have to play 4 games and hope nobody gets hurt.

[Reply]
ptlyon 02:28 PM 12-04-2020

Once again then, who gives a fuck?
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:30 PM 12-04-2020
So you can assume the Steelers are going to lose their first playoff game, but you can’t assume they lose 1 before then despite still having to play 2 playoff teams?

Sorry, but this makes no sense man.
Because there's a good chance in the playoffs, they're playing the Titans or Raiders, both of whom have real NFL QB's that take care of the ball and play very efficiently and who are much better teams all around than Buffalo and Indy.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:30 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Once again then, who gives a fuck?
You don't care about going 15-1 and having to play 4 playoff games in a row instead of 3?
[Reply]
staylor26 02:33 PM 12-04-2020
Because there's a good chance in the playoffs, they're playing the Titans or Raiders, both of whom have real NFL QB's that take care of the ball and play very efficiently and who are much better teams all around than Buffalo and Indy.
The same Titans team that already lost to Pittsburgh before losing Lewan? They were pretty close to getting blown out by the Steelers early on.

The same Raiders team that just got blown out by the fucking Falcons? How many playoff games has Carr won?

How can you say people assuming the Steelers are going to lose 1 before the season is baseless then say this? You’re contradicting yourself dude.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 02:36 PM 12-04-2020
The fact they've won all of their close games suggests they know how to do it. That doesn't mean they will win the rest of their games but it gives them an advantage. If you don't believe past history is a predictor of future success, I don't know what to tell you.
it also suggest that the teams they are in close games with don't know how to close them out....Dallas with a 4th stringer Gilbert Grape, Denver with Driskell, NYG with Jones, RGIII with Balt, even LJ in the first Ravens game....The only team / QB that I'd argue that would be equipped to duke it out with them was Tannehill and the Tits, and they damn near pulled that out if it weren't for Gostkowski....

I'm not taking anything away from the Steelers, because they did manage to make enough plays to win the game, but at some point, the ball does bounce the wrong way for you (cough cough 1995 Chiefs), but to think that its sustainable just isn't reasonable....especially in the playoffs when they will see much better QB play and with the aura of single elimination.....they aren't going to get all those friendly bounces forever....
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:36 PM 12-04-2020
The same Titans team that already lost to Pittsburgh before losing Lewan? They were pretty close to getting blown out by the Steelers.

The same Raiders team that just got blown out by the fucking Falcons? How many playoff games has Carr won?

How can you say people assuming the Steelers are going to lose 1 before the season is baseless then say this? You’re contradicting yourself dude.
OK, whatever. I'm done fighting about it. What happens happens.

I just think it's fucking CRIMINAL that the Chiefs have by far the best team in the league, with not just the best QB in the league but statistically one of best QB seasons EVER, and they're going to be forced to play a fucking wild card game because of the fucking schedule and not because the team ahead of them is actually a better football team.

I hate the new playoff format. Absolutely. Fucking. Hate it.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:40 PM 12-04-2020
OK, whatever. I'm done fighting about it. What happens happens.

I just think it's fucking CRIMINAL that the Chiefs have by far the best team in the league, with not just the best QB in the league but statistically one of best QB seasons EVER, and they're going to be forced to play a fucking wild card game because of the fucking schedule and not because the team ahead of them is actually a better football team.

I hate the new playoff format. Absolutely. Fucking. Hate it.
Not fighting just trying to get you to understand that your logic is flawed and inconsistent. I just think you have a defeatist attitude in regards to the Chiefs getting the bye when there’s no reason to assume it’s over. They literally just have to lose 1 AFC game and we have a legitimate shot.

Like I said before, the Chiefs have a more realistic shot at the #1 seed now than they did at this time last year.

There are plenty of reasons to still have hope that they end up with the bye.
[Reply]
Page 75 of 162
« First < 25657172737475 7677787985125 > Last »
Up