ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3042 of 4830
« First < 2042254229422992303230383039304030413042 304330443045304630523092314235424042 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Pablo 10:13 AM 08-10-2022
What a disgusting group of people. A collection of the worst society has to offer
[Reply]
MagicHef 10:22 AM 08-10-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Not only did the 49ers find Joe Montana and Steve Young, they also drafted Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick who took them to the Championship game and a SB. They also traded for Jimmy Grapes and went to a SB with him.

Steelers identified Big Ben. Kordell Stewart was identified by them and went to the AFCCG. They drafted Bradshaw. They found Neil O’Donnel and went to a SB with him.

The Packers found both Favre and Rodgers when nobody else thought much of them. They deserve massive credit for that.

The Broncos fell into a whiny Elway who was “the greatest QB prospect ever” at the time. Then they fell into Manning who was a HOF before he ever put on a jersey.

They can’t find any real talent themselves. They never have.
You seem to be focused on drafting vs signing/trading. That’s not the discussion.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:23 AM 08-10-2022
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
The Patriots have won consistently without a great QB?
The Patriots have played in 2 SBs w/out Brady and an AFL championship. They also went 11-5 with Matt Cassel and returned to the playoffs two years after Brady left, with a mediocre rookie QB. They've only had 9 losing seasons since 1975.

And if you're arguing that they dominated the NFL for 20 years simply because they had Brady, that's funny. They dominated because they consistently made good personnel decisions, drafted well, and had excellent coaching (and some cheating, of course).

If Denver had a recent period of dominance anywhere close to what the Patriots did, I wouldn't deny that they're a great organization.
[Reply]
MagicHef 10:32 AM 08-10-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
The Patriots have played in 2 SBs w/out Brady and an AFL championship. They also went 11-5 with Matt Cassel and returned to the playoffs two years after Brady left, with a mediocre rookie QB. They've only had 9 losing seasons since 1975.

And if you're arguing that they dominated the NFL for 20 years simply because they had Brady, that's funny. They dominated because they consistently made good personnel decisions, drafted well, and had excellent coaching (and some cheating, of course).

If Denver had a recent period of dominance anywhere close to what the Patriots did, I wouldn't deny that they're a great organization.
They went to 2 SBs (and lost both) in the span of 40 years before Brady. That’s definitely what I’d call a consistent winner.

I’m not saying they’re not a great team (now). I’m really only laughing at your earlier post that a great team is one that consistently wins without a great QB.

Do the Broncos get credit for going to the AFCCG with Plummer?
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 10:37 AM 08-10-2022
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
Culture Builders

:-)
4.65 billion price
3.9 billion in loans
Even billionaires have mortgages
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:41 AM 08-10-2022
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Again, you can look at these things from all sorts of perspectives.

They were terrible from '62-76.

They made the SB in '77 and then in the next 5 years before Elway, they won 10 games in 3 of those years.

Elway comes to down, they go to the playoffs 10X with 5 trips and 2 wins in the SB. Denver had the 2nd highest winning percentage during 83-98, second only to the 49ers.

They fell to 10th highest in winning percentage in the years between Elway and Manning. However in those 13 years, they were .500 or better in 10 of those years with 5 trips to the playoffs.

We know the Manning years and it wasn't until 2016 that the franchise took a true downward spiral, putting up 3 consecutive losing seasons for the first time since Bowlen bought the team in the early 80s.

Sure, the last 6 years have been brutal with 5 of those years being consecutive losing seasons. So, yeah recent history sucks, but throughout my lifetime, they've been a winning organization pretty consistently.
Everybody's entitled to their own opinions.

My opinion is that a great organization would not have both a 6 year streak and a 5 year streak w/out a playoff appearance in a span of 15 years. That's not just mediocre...that's bad.

And you have to admit, for a franchise with a solid history, Denver has had more than its share of lopsided playoff losses. 60% of their playoff appearances (including Elway/Manning) have ended in losses of 17 points or more. Many have been well over 20 points.
[Reply]
MagicHef 10:51 AM 08-10-2022

My opinion is that a great organization would not have both a 6 year streak and a 5 year streak w/out a playoff appearance in a span of 15 years. That's not just mediocre...that's bad.

And you have to admit, for a franchise with a solid history, Denver has had more than its share of lopsided playoff losses. 60% of their playoff appearances (including Elway/Manning) have ended in losses of 17 points or more. Many have been well over 20 points.
Great franchises don’t have multiple 20+ year playoff win droughts.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:04 AM 08-10-2022
They went to 2 SBs (and lost both) in the span of 40 years before Brady. That’s definitely what I’d call a consistent winner.

I’m not saying they’re not a great team (now). I’m really only laughing at your earlier post that a great team is one that consistently wins without a great QB.

Do the Broncos get credit for going to the AFCCG with Plummer?
I didn't say that an organization needs to win a bunch of SBs w/out a great QB to be a great organization. You inferred that.

I laid out several reasons for why I consider the Patriots a great organization. And there are more. Again, if Denver had won at an absurd level over the last 20 years, I wouldn't deny that they were a great organization. Instead, they've missed the playoffs 11 times in the last 16 years. And one of those playoff appearances was the 8-8 team led by Tebow.

IMO, if the Patriots had never drafted Brady, they'd still be considered a pretty good organization. They helped to create Brady, and Belichick would have won at a decent clip with another QB.

If the Broncos hadn't acquired Elway or Manning, I think they'd be considered a dogshit organization.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:20 AM 08-10-2022
Great franchises don’t have multiple 20+ year playoff win droughts.
True. I said that KC became a great organization after hiring Reid. I didn't say they were great before.

Every KC fan admits that they didn't accomplish a lot between the 60s and Mahomes. Yet they still rank several places higher than Denver in all time win %. What's that tell you?
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:21 AM 08-10-2022

True, that's why they are called sports debates.

If we're being honest - the Steelers are probable the most stable and consistent franchise of all-time.

The 49ers and Packers are up there with them... Dallas was until the wheels fell off in the mid/late 90s and they've gone a quarter century without anything worth noting. The Cowboys, more than any other team in the last 25 years have done more to tarnish a culture of greatness that had been running wild for decades.

We can also judge the merits of playoff quality wins/losses in a different discussion. In order to advance to the playoffs, the team is winning to get there and winning to reach those SBs.

The Broncos are tied for 2nd overall in most SB appearances with 8 and that is 3 fewer than the Patriots and tied with the Steelers and Cowboys. The Broncos are tied for 4th with the most SB wins.

They have the 6th most wins since the NFL merger... considering they've had their droughts, that's a nice place to be sitting.

Now, they need to course correct things and avoid becoming the next Dallas Cowboys.

Since 1996 (25 years), the Cowboys have ...
> had 11 playoff appearances with a 4 and 11 record in the playoffs
> 9 double digit win seasons
> 8 sub .500 win seasons

It amazes me that the Steelers have had only 3 head coaches in my lifetime (51 years), that's crazy insane.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 11:23 AM 08-10-2022
The Athletic's 2022 "breakout players" list...

TE: Albert Okwuegbunam, Denver Broncos

Spoiler!

CB: Patrick Surtain II, Denver Broncos
Spoiler!

https://theathletic.com/3374587/2022...akout-players/

:-)
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:24 AM 08-10-2022
True. I said that KC became a great organization after hiring Reid. I didn't say they were great before.

Every KC fan admits that they didn't accomplish a lot between the 60s and Mahomes. Yet they still rank several places higher than Denver in all time win %. What's that tell you?
It tells me that from 1960 through 1976 the Broncos were a really bad team.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:37 AM 08-10-2022
New Denver owner seems unfamiliar with the NFL Commissioner…

New Broncos owner clearly a big football guy. 😂 #Goodle pic.twitter.com/vgni5SJvjW

— Ross Tucker (@RossTuckerNFL) August 9, 2022

[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:38 AM 08-10-2022
True, that's why they are called sports debates.

If we're being honest - the Steelers are probable the most stable and consistent franchise of all-time.

BOO THIS MAN
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:41 AM 08-10-2022
It tells me that from 1960 through 1976 the Broncos were a really bad team.
KC had a stretch that was equally bad in the 70s-80s. They kind of cancel each other out.
[Reply]
Page 3042 of 4830
« First < 2042254229422992303230383039304030413042 304330443045304630523092314235424042 > Last »
Up