ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2442 of 4834
« First < 1442194223422392243224382439244024412442 244324442445244624522492254229423442 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 05:51 PM 12-17-2019
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Jake Butt... lots of talent, injury riddled.
That's it. Yeah, we had a tight end like that once. Tony Brokeaki. He could have been really good if he could have just stayed healthy.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 05:57 PM 12-17-2019
So, Butt is on IR this year from his ACL injury in September of 2018? What's the story behind that? Most of the time, guys are back in a year from that.
[Reply]
crispystl 07:43 PM 12-17-2019
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
This is the type of entertainment that is missing. Another poster stole this from the mange and shared it in the Let's talk about the Broncos thread. This is hilarious. Where is Knowmo to provide this entertainment now?

Choose your franchise centerpiece: Drew Lock, or Patrick Mahomes?
12-09-2019, 02:35 PM
Okay, let’s pretend that we get a call from the league tomorrow. They say, essentially, “It’s in our best interest to help the proud, historic franchises with the consistent fan bases. So, we’re going to let you choose the QB to build around. You can keep what you have, or you can take any other QB in the division.” (This scenario is actually not that far-fetched, as I can’t imagine Mahomes will choose to stay in a place like Kansas City any longer than he has to, which means two more seasons.)

Who do you choose?

As I see it, there are actually some decent justifications for Mahomes. Yes, he’s a system QB. But if you have an offensive staff that is willing to tailor the offense to his strengths, that can be okay. Also, while he’s definitely showing himself to be fragile, you have to assume a smarter franchise would 1) invest so that he’s not behind a crappy offensive line; and B) avoid brain farts, like running a guy with a fragile body into the heart of one of the more vicious defenses in the league. Honestly, I don’t see any reason why, managed properly, he couldn’t have a nice, little 8-10 year career in this league, a la Joe Flacco (who, let’s not forget, won that one Super Bowl).

On the other side, Lock does seem to have that almost magical quality so many of the greats have. His arm compares to Elway’s, when he came into the league. And while he doesn’t run quite as well as Lamar Jackson, he makes Mahomes look like Carson Palmer, towards the end of his career. You can plug him into any system, and have it work (you don’t have to dumb anything down, like they’ve done in KC). And he has a body that looks built to hold up in the NFL. Can you imagine a guy like Drew Lock’s numbers dropping off as severely as Mahomes, in his second year? Yeah, I can’t either. Throw in the fact that Lock is more than a year younger than Mahomes, and the needle pushes even more in his direction.

So, do you go with the guy who had a nice second year in the league, despite not being able to really crack the lineup as a rookie? Or do you go with the guy who looks like he might be The Natural? Do you go with the guy who will probably have a nice career as an upper-level, second-tier QB in the league? Or do you go with the guy who has the physical talent to be the GOAT, but has one less season to have proven himself, at this point?

Don’t get me wrong. I think that most league people would basically say, “Duh, you take Lock.” But I think it might be closer than we might assume. What do you think?"

Wtf....is this shit real?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 08:52 PM 12-17-2019
Originally Posted by crispystl420:

It's the orange mange. Donky fans.
Yes it's real. You should live hearing this crap every day.
I do and I am numb to the dumb
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:56 PM 12-17-2019
Didn't Mania scoff at even one losing season :-) 3 with an advantage no others get is pathetic
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:50 PM 12-17-2019
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Didn't Mania scoff at even one losing season :-) 3 with an advantage no others get is pathetic
I scoff at many things...
[Reply]
T-post Tom 11:12 PM 12-17-2019
This is the type of entertainment that is missing. Another poster stole this from the mange and shared it in the Let's talk about the Broncos thread. This is hilarious. Where is Knowmo to provide this entertainment now?

Choose your franchise centerpiece: Drew Lock, or Patrick Mahomes?
12-09-2019, 02:35 PM
Okay, let’s pretend that we get a call from the league tomorrow. They say, essentially, “It’s in our best interest to help the proud, historic franchises with the consistent fan bases. So, we’re going to let you choose the QB to build around. You can keep what you have, or you can take any other QB in the division.” (This scenario is actually not that far-fetched, as I can’t imagine Mahomes will choose to stay in a place like Kansas City any longer than he has to, which means two more seasons.)

Who do you choose?

As I see it, there are actually some decent justifications for Mahomes. Yes, he’s a system QB. But if you have an offensive staff that is willing to tailor the offense to his strengths, that can be okay. Also, while he’s definitely showing himself to be fragile, you have to assume a smarter franchise would 1) invest so that he’s not behind a crappy offensive line; and B) avoid brain farts, like running a guy with a fragile body into the heart of one of the more vicious defenses in the league. Honestly, I don’t see any reason why, managed properly, he couldn’t have a nice, little 8-10 year career in this league, a la Joe Flacco (who, let’s not forget, won that one Super Bowl).

On the other side, Lock does seem to have that almost magical quality so many of the greats have. His arm compares to Elway’s, when he came into the league. And while he doesn’t run quite as well as Lamar Jackson, he makes Mahomes look like Carson Palmer, towards the end of his career. You can plug him into any system, and have it work (you don’t have to dumb anything down, like they’ve done in KC). And he has a body that looks built to hold up in the NFL. Can you imagine a guy like Drew Lock’s numbers dropping off as severely as Mahomes, in his second year? Yeah, I can’t either. Throw in the fact that Lock is more than a year younger than Mahomes, and the needle pushes even more in his direction.

So, do you go with the guy who had a nice second year in the league, despite not being able to really crack the lineup as a rookie? Or do you go with the guy who looks like he might be The Natural? Do you go with the guy who will probably have a nice career as an upper-level, second-tier QB in the league? Or do you go with the guy who has the physical talent to be the GOAT, but has one less season to have proven himself, at this point?

Don’t get me wrong. I think that most league people would basically say, “Duh, you take Lock.” But I think it might be closer than we might assume. What do you think?"
This can't be real. No human is that stupid.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 11:37 PM 12-17-2019
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Yes it is true
In the land of Donktard Orange mange it has started eating at the cranium like syphilis on a Failway crisp autumn day
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 12:50 AM 12-18-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I watched this earlier. This guy cracks me up. :-)

Although he must be insufferable when they're winning. But hey, I'll probably be dead before that happens again!
Right I think half his subs are probably Chief fans.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 01:20 AM 12-18-2019
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
Yes it is true
In the land of Donktard Orange mange it has started eating at the cranium like syphilis on a Failway crisp autumn day
Donk fans, stats and facts have been castrated in Dungover. Couldn't happen to a nicer herd of knuckle-dragging cave dwellers. :-)
[Reply]
jjchieffan 07:39 AM 12-18-2019

Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
Yes it is true
No. It's not. It's actually a troll thread started by Dom Casual making fun of Deberg. I posted this once already. But, the bad thing is that many of the Donktards were actually agreeing with it. :-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:58 AM 12-18-2019
Donkey fans....man.

I don't remember if it was here, or the old Chiefs BB, but I seriously remember someone trying to argue that at the end of Elway's career, Bubby Brister would actually be an upgrade going forward.
[Reply]
Mike in SW-MO 08:00 AM 12-18-2019
No. It's not. It's actually a troll thread started by Dom Casual making fun of Deberg. I posted this once already. But, the bad thing is that many of the Donktards were actually agreeing with it. :-)
LOL. I had that pegged as The Onion material all the way.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:33 AM 12-18-2019

The Donko Special Ed forum.
[Reply]
Skyy God 08:38 AM 12-18-2019
Quality Deberg trolling post.
[Reply]
Page 2442 of 4834
« First < 1442194223422392243224382439244024412442 244324442445244624522492254229423442 > Last »
Up