ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1542 of 4831
« First < 542104214421492153215381539154015411542 154315441545154615521592164220422542 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:52 AM 03-14-2018
Denver's main issue on offense the last few years has been OL, whomever is playing QB... the success is measured on what they do to improve the OL. Bottom line.

Improve the OL and Keenum can do what he did last year with the Vikings. Now, the focus needs to be OL.

Keenum has the toolset to be successful if the talent around him is good, that's what happened in 2017. Lynch is a bust and that's why they're paying Keenum. I think they should keep Trevor as the back up and ship out the rest, while drafting a guy (not at 5) this year.

Nothing really matters until they bolster the OL. Not sure what they'll do with CJ or if Butt will be ready to contribute, if so - Butt can be a great TE option.

It's early in FA, so will be interesting to see what happens.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:54 AM 03-14-2018
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Denver's main issue on offense the last few years has been OL, whomever is playing QB... the success is measured on what they do to improve the OL. Bottom line.

Improve the OL and Keenum can do what he did last year with the Vikings. Now, the focus needs to be OL.

Keenum has the toolset to be successful if the talent around him is good, that's what happened in 2017. Lynch is a bust and that's why they're paying Keenum. I think they should keep Trevor as the back up and ship out the rest, while drafting a guy (not at 5) this year.

Nothing really matters until they bolster the OL. Not sure what they'll do with CJ or if Butt will be ready to contribute, if so - Butt can be a great TE option.

It's early in FA, so will be interesting to see what happens.
I can't figure out why your boys don't like CJ Anderson. He's not a world beater, but from what I've seen, he's the best running back on your roster. (Jamaal may be better, but they didn't want to use him and I don't know if he's even still with the team.)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:55 AM 03-14-2018
Keenum is a terrible QB that was propped up by a super team. Nothing more, nothing less.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:00 AM 03-14-2018
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I can't figure out why your boys don't like CJ Anderson. He's not a world beater, but from what I've seen, he's the best running back on your roster. (Jamaal may be better, but they didn't want to use him and I don't know if he's even still with the team.)
I think they like him, but I think they were curious if they had any interested trading partners just to see. CJ is a good guy, plays hard, just not "the guy"... Booker needs to pick it up a few notches too. Charles? Meh.

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Keenum is a terrible QB that was propped up by a super team. Nothing more, nothing less.
Totally hear you... any QB Denver would have signed, will sign (has signed) or will draft is going to be terrible. Got it.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:01 AM 03-14-2018
Well they kinda have been. Manning breaking his neck and using banned substances to even play again doesn't count...
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:07 AM 03-14-2018
It's not like Horseface hasn't tried to fix it...just that every draft pick/FA move has busted. He went desperation mode last year and took a 26 year old LT.

Do you realize that Watkins is only 24...he'll have to play 2 more season just to be the age of Mongo.

Hes so bad at evaluating o-line that he might have to take a GUARD with the #5 pick.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:09 AM 03-14-2018
I think they like him, but I think they were curious if they had any interested trading partners just to see. CJ is a good guy, plays hard, just not "the guy"... Booker needs to pick it up a few notches too. Charles? Meh.

Totally hear you... any QB Denver would have signed, will sign (has signed) or will draft is going to be terrible. Got it.
Keenum isn't terrible. He's mediocre, which is even worse in my opinion. Not good enough to get you deep into the playoffs on his own, not bad enough to where you can secure a QBOFT if you don't do it this year.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:13 AM 03-14-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Keenum isn't terrible. He's mediocre, which is even worse in my opinion. Not good enough to get you deep into the playoffs on his own, not bad enough to where you can secure a QBOFT if you don't do it this year.
That what you get when your 1st round QB busts...and your cap is tied to aging relics. When you haven't drafted a star player in like 5 years...this is what happens.

Donkos arent going to be very good for a while....Horseface dug a deep hole. Ward, Ware, Wade..and now Talib are gone. Their head coach is a yes man...and will take the fall next off-season. They will have a new coaching staff again...

He should have just drafted a starting QB and admitted they are rebuilding. Keenum might get them to 7-8 wins. They are in NFL purgatory...
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:15 AM 03-14-2018
And, I'm not sure that I've read anyone say that's the expectation.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:16 AM 03-14-2018
Playoffs? Denver is still a 5-6 win team. Not one single elite young emerging player on the team. The very few stars they have are getting old, fat, and happy.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:19 AM 03-14-2018
And, I'm not sure that I've read anyone say that's the expectation.
Then what's the point of spending 18 million? If all you need is a veteran punching bag while the rookie learns you have Siemien for that.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 10:19 AM 03-14-2018
Originally Posted by Claysexual:
Wilson couldn't fetch a box of Twinkies on the market; you're out of your mind.
I guess you didnt see his contract with Miami.

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:20 AM 03-14-2018
Then what's the point of spending 18 million? If all you need is a veteran punching bag while the rookie learns you have Siemien for that.
:-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:20 AM 03-14-2018
Pure desperation move.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:24 AM 03-14-2018
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
That what you get when your 1st round QB busts...and your cap is tied to aging relics. When you haven't drafted a star player in like 5 years...this is what happens.

Donkos arent going to be very good for a while....Horseface dug a deep hole.
Here's how I view it... when Elway took over, he had an interesting opportunity to go all in on the SB or Bust mentality when they signed Manning. Once that happened, they put all their focus on the FAs and building a team that got to the SB twice and finally won it.

They didn't plan too terribly well for post-Manning and that's on them. The drafts have busted more often than not, no doubt about it. It would be interseting to see where they would be had Manning not signed with them, as they would have had a completely different process for rebuilding that team and moving beyond Tebow.

This offseason is the one that makes or breaks John Elway as the architect of the franchise. They tried to get by cheap the last two years and it blew up on them. So, everything they do now is under a microscope.

They're not in a terrible cap situation, they have a handful of solid players to build around and they play it smart... they can win 10 games in 2018. Lots of work to do though, but nothing that says it's not achievable.

The schedule outside the division is as follows and those teams in blue (7) represent the favorable matchups at this point. Anything can happen on any given Sunday, but one benefit of winning 5 games in 2017... softer schedule in 2018.

No, I'm not proclaiming they will win 10 games - I believe that's definitely within reach.

Home opponents: Browns, Rams, Seahawks, Steelers, Texans
Away opponents: 49ers, Bengals, Cardinals, Ravens, Jets
[Reply]
Page 1542 of 4831
« First < 542104214421492153215381539154015411542 154315441545154615521592164220422542 > Last »
Up