ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 68
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Media Center>Zack Snyder to direct next Superman film
tk13 10:44 PM 10-04-2010
http://heatvision.hollywoodreporter....medium=twitter

Nolan and Zack Snyder, definitely an interesting team. There are already rumors now that Zod is going to be the villain.

I have to say I'm excited that it "appears" they aren't going to go totally out of left field and do something stupid and out of character for Superman.
[Reply]
keg in kc 12:02 PM 02-07-2012
The spider-man trailer in the superman thread threw me for a loop, but that does look really good. Seems tonally far removed from the Raimi films, as they've been saying all along.
[Reply]
blaise 12:05 PM 02-07-2012
Superman related. NSFW language. I thought it was pretty funny:

[Reply]
jiveturkey 12:45 PM 02-07-2012
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
The spider-man trailer in the superman thread threw me for a loop, but that does look really good. Seems tonally far removed from the Raimi films, as they've been saying all along.
Whoops, not sure how I mixed the two up. :-)
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:54 AM 03-30-2012
New Logo debuted the other day. When is this supposed to come out?
Attached: man-of-steel-logo.jpg (48.1 KB) 
[Reply]
blaise 07:14 AM 03-30-2012
I like that logo.
If Superman doesn't punch someone in the next movie then they suck.
[Reply]
GordonGekko 08:13 AM 03-30-2012
Originally Posted by blaise:
I like that logo.
If Superman doesn't punch someone in the next movie then they suck.
Supes needs a legit physical threat, and there needs to be a 30-min fight sequence with an entire city getting demolished. Maybe a battle on one of Jupiter's moons or something with Jupiter in the background. Epic.. Don't hold back.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:41 PM 04-11-2012
Young Clark Kent Says ‘Man of Steel’ is ‘Dark Knight’ Edgy

In between anticipation for 2012 superhero films like The Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises, there’s been question about the next big comic book blockbuster on the way, which is Zack Snyder’s (Watchmen) reboot of the Superman movie franchise, Man of Steel.

Set photos and official images aside, what we’ve learned about Man of Steel so far has come primarily from the words and opinions of the cast and crew – and today continues this trend. Check out what Dylan Sprayberry – the actor who plays of the younger version of Clark Kent – had to say about the Superman reboot’s tone, and how it compares to DC/Warner Bros. other big superhero property, namely Chris Nolan’s Batman trilogy.

According to Sprayberry:

When Zack [Snyder] and I were talking about it the first time, he was saying how Superman, they want to give it a more edgy feel like The Dark Knight but also make it more realistic and emotional so it’s not just the all-American superhero that saves everyone. He has dilemmas and love and struggles throughout the whole movie, especially when he’s a kid.

Regarding the scope of the film:

I didn’t even really notice how big it was until I finished shooting. It was so overwhelming that it was crazy, I was like “I can’t believe I just did all that.” In the moment, I was really focused on the work and the acting.

This isn’t the first time we’ve heard Man of Steel being compared to the dark and edgier tones of the Nolan Batman films – star Michael Shannon (General Zod) said the same thing a few months back. The “danger” of making such comparisons is that they tend to rile up those fans who either A) don’t think the Nolan Bat-films are as great as millions (upon millions) of people think they are, or B) don’t think that a bright and shining hero like Superman should be in any way similar to a dark and brooding guy like Batman.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 06:14 AM 04-12-2012
I don't care about Clark Kent's love cares or struggles.

Geezus... give me superman tossing tanks and throwing other super-villains through buildings and shit. THAT is what I want to see from Superman. Not all of his insecurities and bullshit. I don't want to see him pining and moping. He has a two track mind... save the world and nail Lois Lane. Preferably with a 90/10 split on screen time in favor of saving the world.

I don't want an emotional roller coaster. I want goddamn superman having super fights with other super beings, allowing him to super nail Lois Lane at the end.

They never get it right, yet the movie basically writes itself.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 06:31 AM 04-12-2012
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
I don't care about Clark Kent's love cares or struggles.

Geezus... give me superman tossing tanks and throwing other super-villains through buildings and shit. THAT is what I want to see from Superman. Not all of his insecurities and bullshit. I don't want to see him pining and moping. He has a two track mind... save the world and nail Lois Lane. Preferably with a 90/10 split on screen time in favor of saving the world.

I don't want an emotional roller coaster. I want goddamn superman having super fights with other super beings, allowing him to super nail Lois Lane at the end.

They never get it right, yet the movie basically writes itself.
It sounds like you want to see a movie about Superman from the 1960s. The problem is that a one-dimensional hero like that just isn't very interesting these days. Now I don't want to see a soap opera where Clark Kent gets all weepy-eyed about Lois Lane, but I also don't want to see Lex Luthor played for laughs in the manner that Gene Hackman did, and I sure as hell don't want see another abomination like Superman Returns.

If they make the movie a serious movie with a lot of action, I'm all for it.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 09:39 AM 04-12-2012
Originally Posted by Brainiac:
It sounds like you want to see a movie about Superman from the 1960s. The problem is that a one-dimensional hero like that just isn't very interesting these days. Now I don't want to see a soap opera where Clark Kent gets all weepy-eyed about Lois Lane, but I also don't want to see Lex Luthor played for laughs in the manner that Gene Hackman did, and I sure as hell don't want see another abomination like Superman Returns.

If they make the movie a serious movie with a lot of action, I'm all for it.
I'm not suggesting we see any of those things.

I"m suggesting the movie center around the action and not the drama because that's just how Superman is best. He's not Spider-man. Interestingly enough that's one reason I liked them picking Snyder as the director. He tends to focus more on visuals and I think that works with the character.

Superman returns was entirely centered on drama and it was a huge flaming pile of shit.

They have never made a good Superman movie. Profitable? Yes. High quality? No.

Except for John Williams. His score owns.
[Reply]
keg in kc 09:54 AM 04-12-2012
I just want it to be good.
[Reply]
GordonGekko 12:11 PM 04-12-2012
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I just want it to be good.
Exactly.

It doesn't have to be The Dark Knight, but we don't want another Green Lantern either.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:18 PM 04-12-2012
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
I'm not suggesting we see any of those things.

I"m suggesting the movie center around the action and not the drama because that's just how Superman is best. He's not Spider-man. Interestingly enough that's one reason I liked them picking Snyder as the director. He tends to focus more on visuals and I think that works with the character.

Superman returns was entirely centered on drama and it was a huge flaming pile of shit.

They have never made a good Superman movie. Profitable? Yes. High quality? No.

Except for John Williams. His score owns.
While I agree with you to a point, the problem with ANY Superman movie is going to involve the very things you don't want to see. At his core, Supes is an alien trying to become human, and dealing with all the baggage that comes with humans. It's unavoidable. Otherwise, you could just do a movie about a Terminator laying waste to Phoenix, or Seattle, or whichever town you want to see get destroyed.

Superman IS drama. He's a portrait of how we can have it all and still struggle with everyday life.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:19 PM 04-12-2012
Originally Posted by GordonGekko:
Exactly.

It doesn't have to be The Dark Knight, but we don't want another Green Lantern either.
Am I in the minority that actually liked GL? Not loved, mind you, but I enjoyed it.
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 12:52 PM 04-12-2012
Haven't seen all of it. Had to turn it off about 10 minutes in. I was not a big fan of the first 10 minutes. But I'd like to give it a real chance.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 68
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up