ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 128 of 131
« First < 2878118124125126127128 129130131 >
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2021-2022 NBA Thread***
Pitt Gorilla 01:55 PM 10-19-2021
Season tips off tonight! LET'S GOOOOO!!!!
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:34 PM 07-01-2022
Originally Posted by Miles:
This feels like a lot to give up for Gobert but should at least make them more interesting to watch next year.
Massive overpay, in fact maybe one of the stupidest trades ever. If Gobert landed 4 FRP and 4 players what is KD going to bring?
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:40 PM 07-01-2022
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
Gobert and Towns playing together makes little sense in today's NBA. Just don't see the two big men format working.
The Grizzlies put up all those those embarrassing 4th quarter comebacks in the playoffs, and it wasn't because they were the Grizzlies. It was because nobody would fucking rebound for us. I think the Mavs, Nuggets, or even the Jazz could have done the same fucking thing to us.

I get it's a bad deal to build the power of your team around bigs these days, but something had to get addressed, and if we weren't going to trade KAT for a haul (I don't think anybody would have given up what we needed, which was immediate assets, not draft picks) the problem still had to get solved.

We still have some guys that can combat small ball lineups. Maybe that means you can't play KAT and Gobert on the court at the same time for stretches of the playoffs. Like I said earlier, we're banking on Ant, not KAT, so as long as he turns into the guy they think he can be, we can still be competitive.

Not denying it's risky as fuck, and you're definitely bucking league trends with this move, but there's definitely potential for this to also be a big win
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:41 PM 07-01-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Massive overpay, in fact maybe one of the stupidest trades ever. If Gobert landed 4 FRP and 4 players what is KD going to bring?
Would Brooklyn have taken this deal for Durant, or at least used it as a starting point?
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:51 PM 07-01-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
The Grizzlies put up all those those embarrassing 4th quarter comebacks in the playoffs, and it wasn't because they were the Grizzlies. It was because nobody would ****ing rebound for us. I think the Mavs, Nuggets, or even the Jazz could have done the same ****ing thing to us.

I get it's a bad deal to build the power of your team around bigs these days, but something had to get addressed, and if we weren't going to trade KAT for a haul (I don't think anybody would have given up what we needed, which was immediate assets, not draft picks) the problem still had to get solved.

We still have some guys that can combat small ball lineups. Maybe that means you can't play KAT and Gobert on the court at the same time for stretches of the playoffs. Like I said earlier, we're banking on Ant, not KAT, so as long as he turns into the guy they think he can be, we can still be competitive.

Not denying it's risky as ****, and you're definitely bucking league trends with this move, but there's definitely potential for this to also be a big win
I posted during that series I didn't quite understand the Twolves offense with KAT camping at the 3 pt line and when they missed no Twolves players within 10 ft of the rebound. Thought it was strange to have your center camping outside like that even though I understand he was your best 3 pt shooter.

So I get the trade but damn they gave up alot. This is the Christian Kirk deal for the NBA.

To answer your other question, the rumor is the Nets are asking for a young star and 3 FRP for KD. That is probably out the window now.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:55 PM 07-01-2022
It was 4 first round picks? Wow that’s a lot. Just upped the trade market considerably.
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:56 PM 07-01-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I posted during that series I didn't quite understand the Twolves offense with KAT camping at the 3 pt line and when they missed no Twolves players within 10 ft of the rebound. Thought it was strange to have your center camping outside like that even though I understand he was your best 3 pt shooter.

So I get the trade but damn they gave up alot. This is the Christian Kirk deal for the NBA.

To answer your other question, the rumor is the Nets are asking for a young star and 3 FRP for KD. That is probably out the window now.
By young star, I assume any or all of Jared Vanderbilt, Malik Beasley, Pat Bev, and Walker Kessler weren't going to get the job done.

And the Wolves definitely weren't giving up Ant or KAT. One of the local Wolves people has some kind of inside knowledge post-trade that I guess the Jazz were going to drop a 1st rounder or two if the Wolves could throw in Jaden McDaniels, and the Wolves said no to that, but I think that's a case of the Wolves valuing McDaniels more than other teams would.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:57 PM 07-01-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Would Brooklyn have taken this deal for Durant, or at least used it as a starting point?
Brooklyn is going to want a top (preferably young) player as a centerpiece, I think. Then all these draft picks as well. And maybe more.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:59 PM 07-01-2022
Does Scottie Barnes, OG Anunoby and 3 first round picks get it done for Durant? I had a long discussion about this last night at a wedding and I’m convinced it makes sense for the Raptors.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:13 PM 07-01-2022
Next rumor?

Jazz are working on a trade with the Suns for Ayton.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:16 PM 07-01-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Next rumor?

Jazz appear to be rebuilding.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 04:21 PM 07-01-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Next rumor?

Do black players want to play in Utah? Ayton is a young star. Utah is not somewhere budding stars want to go. Or are Mitchell and Dwyane Wade appealing to these players to consider the Jazz?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:27 PM 07-01-2022

Also has finished *every* contract he’s ever signed, never demanded a trade & only changed teams via free agency. ��*♂️��*♂️��*♂️ https://t.co/3G7vnIy7Tv

— nick wright (@getnickwright) July 1, 2022

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:28 PM 07-01-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Does Scottie Barnes, OG Anunoby and 3 first round picks get it done for Durant? I had a long discussion about this last night at a wedding and I’m convinced it makes sense for the Raptors.
It really should. I don't think anyone else will top that.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:57 PM 07-01-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
It really should. I don't think anyone else will top that.

"I think a team that's lurking is Toronto. They have all the kinds of pieces that you would want and their picks to do a deal for Kevin Durant... Masai Ujiri, you saw the chance he took on Kawhi Leonard."@wojespn on the Raptors possibly trading for KD 👀pic.twitter.com/XDvXdHwuC6

— ClutchPoints (@ClutchPointsApp) July 1, 2022

I would agree. Seems they’re involved too.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:41 PM 07-01-2022

Per league source a potential Blockbuster 3 team deal between PHX, BRK & Utah is being discussed & could be finalized tomorrow centered around Deandre Ayton to Utah, Donavan Mitchell to Brooklyn and Kevin Durant to Phoenix. Other players and picks are involved per league source�� pic.twitter.com/ZU2OYdjaVj

— FLEX From Jersey (@FlexFromJersey) July 2, 2022

[Reply]
Page 128 of 131
« First < 2878118124125126127128 129130131 >
Up