ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 127 of 131
« First < 2777117123124125126127 128129130131 >
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2021-2022 NBA Thread***
Pitt Gorilla 01:55 PM 10-19-2021
Season tips off tonight! LET'S GOOOOO!!!!
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:39 AM 07-01-2022
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
I wish because of all the drama and team jumping they all do. I don't give a shit about any of his records he may get if he plays 25 years. Be the new KAJ..nice.
A guy with the longevity of KAJ and the peak of MJ. Hmm I wonder what that will make him.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:12 AM 07-01-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Yeah, it will happen next year though when Westbrook is gone and he is a free agent. I just don’t see how the entire situation is workable unless/until they get rid of Russ, but maybe I just don’t know enough about how the cap works.
Oh yeah they will have to get rid of Russ. I guess either the Nets take his expiring contract or a 3rd team does.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:30 AM 07-01-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Oh yeah they will have to get rid of Russ. I guess either the Nets take his expiring contract or a 3rd team does.
Someone has to take on that contract yeah (either the Nets or someone else). I suppose some rebuilding team could take him as an expiring to get rid of some longer-term salaries they don't want, but that's the only way I could see it.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:44 PM 07-01-2022
A guy with the longevity of KAJ and the peak of MJ. Hmm I wonder what that will make him.
Well, right now the masses think Curry is approaching LBJ level and maybe surpassed. So he needs to hold off that dude before we talk rarified air.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:48 PM 07-01-2022
Well, right now the masses think Curry is approaching LBJ level and maybe surpassed. So he needs to hold off that dude before we talk rarified air.
The masses are stupid though. That's just one example of why.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:56 PM 07-01-2022
The masses are stupid though. That's just one example of why.
So quit getting pissed so few like LJB or think he is the GOAT. If you like him so much have his dick bronzed ,put in on your mantel and stfu about it.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:58 PM 07-01-2022
And I could be wrong but aren't you the one that argues Tom Brady is not the NFL QB GOAT? He with all those career numbers?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:05 PM 07-01-2022
And I could be wrong but aren't you the one that argues Tom Brady is not the NFL QB GOAT? He with all those career numbers?
But that's mostly because I hate Tom Brady and am incapable of being objective on the subject.

There's still a pretty massive difference between the two, though (Brady was probably the best player in the NFL for only a few years between Manning's peak and Rodger's peak while LeBron was the best player in the NBA for well over a decade).
[Reply]
Miles 01:51 PM 07-01-2022
Gobert to the T-wolves for a bunch of guys and picks. Haven’t seen any details on the picks yet.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:12 PM 07-01-2022
Originally Posted by :
The Timberwolves will send Malik Beasley, Patrick Beverley, Jarred Vanderbilt, No. 22 overall pick Walker Kessler and four first-round picks to the Jazz, sources said. Minnesota is sending its 2023, 2025 and 2027 picks unprotected and a top-5 protected 2029 pick to Utah, sources said
Gobert is 30. I'm... well, we're going in. That's cool and all, but I see this leading to a playoff series win or two over a couple of years until guys get old and we can't collect incoming resources.

Then we're back to being the Royals of the NBA. Except the Royals at least got a fucking banner out of the deal.

But... eh, gotta have hope, I guess? Go Wolves.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:29 PM 07-01-2022
The players are whatever. Bev was cool for the play-in and a game of the playoffs, but he's just old and whiney.

The thing is we're getting Gobert, but DRuss is still our starting PG.

It all hinges on Ant. If he's continuing to develop and turns into a top 5 player in the league, this deal can work. If he's just a really good player like he was this past season, then we're down some depth and lose out on the ability to build it back up.

And that's not to shit on what Ant did last season. I'm not doing that at all. He's dynamic and incredible. But he wasn't the kind of player who could get you to the top provided he didn't have utter crap around him. He has the potential to be able to do that, but he's young and not there yet.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:36 PM 07-01-2022
It's the kind of move the T-Wolves should absolutely be making at this point.

Now the question is does Donovan Mitchell go somewhere else now too.
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:44 PM 07-01-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Gobert is 30. I'm... well, we're going in. That's cool and all, but I see this leading to a playoff series win or two over a couple of years until guys get old and we can't collect incoming resources.

Then we're back to being the Royals of the NBA. Except the Royals at least got a ****ing banner out of the deal.

:-) Poor Bev
[Reply]
Miles 03:04 PM 07-01-2022
This feels like a lot to give up for Gobert but should at least make them more interesting to watch next year.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 03:08 PM 07-01-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

Then we're back to being the Royals of the NBA. Except the Royals at least got a ****ing banner out of the deal.

Gobert and Towns playing together makes little sense in today's NBA. Just don't see the two big men format working.
[Reply]
Page 127 of 131
« First < 2777117123124125126127 128129130131 >
Up