ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 13
« First < 289101112 13 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Ownership and fan base is what is wrong with this team.
13and3 08:56 AM 10-14-2019
Hot take. The Chiefs fan base is what is wrong with this team.
Pressure from media and fan base is why we don't have Marcus Peters, Kareem Hunt and almost lost Tyreek hill. Pressure from the media led fan base is why we again have to completely start over from a 3-4 to 4-3 defense and got rid of Dee Ford and multiple draft picks and paid Frank Clark the money we should of paid Chris Jones. We were only a good corner and linebacker away from having an improved the defense from last year. We molly wopped the Colts in the divisional round and was only one play from the superbowl the next game. We could of just changed the d coordinator and added a player or two not changed the whole freakin scheme. We have changed head coaches, gms, coordinators, players 20 plus times since the 70s only constant is ownership and the fickle,impatient, intolerant fanbase it caters too that always wants some one fired
[Reply]
kcpasco 02:02 PM 10-14-2019
Sutton was shit canned for good reason. It’s not like he had just 1 bad season.
[Reply]
13and3 02:06 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
Sutton was shit canned for good reason. It’s not like he had just 1 bad season.
True, i wanted sutton gone too. But we didn't need a full defensive rebuild, waste of money and draft capital. I dont understand why cant we be mad about the overreaction.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 02:08 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by 13and3:
… As a fan base we haven't changed our approach or learned from any mistakes …
No irony here at all.
[Reply]
TipRoast 02:30 PM 10-14-2019
Got a question for you. Since this fan base is so great how many people do you suppose are even aware eric fisher is out.
Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco:
I didn't know. Did he tell his family?
Best post in the thread.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 02:32 PM 10-14-2019
You lost me when you said we should keep Peters...
[Reply]
Chiefs4TheWin 02:50 PM 10-14-2019
Impatient... We haven't even BEEN to a Superbowl in my lifetime and I'm in my late 30s! Then you see all the talent that has gone through here hindered by stupid mistakes.

I get your "Moral Champions" argument and I agree we need to have some a holes on here to win football games. You can either be a moral champ or a Superbowl champ.

Thank god for hockey, because the Chiefs just can never mix the ingredients just right. Last year was the chance. We had a chance this year and just said fuck it.
[Reply]
Chiefs4TheWin 02:52 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
You lost me when you said we should keep Peters...
This team can't tackle anyways. May as well have the turnovers.
[Reply]
luv 02:57 PM 10-14-2019
So we have no role or responsibility in it? I would like to think we got pioli what he deserved. And that happened right here. We needed that then. But we didn't need the defense over hauled cause the media and fan base wanted sutton gone now. At the same time we know andy wanted to stay the course but outside pressure was to great. Now we are down a pass rush and additional picks. I got a question how many here hear dumbshit on the radio and in person all the time from less informed fans and have to set then straight?
No, I don't think it was because of us, and, yes, I participated in the black out and contributed to the banner fund. There are multiple facets to every decision an organization makes. All we did was make our voice heard. It was then up to the organization to take our input, plus several other factors, and make the a decision that they felt was best for the organization.

While Andy has a much bigger say in what happens than the fans do, again, his opinion is not the only thing that was factored in to any decisions made by the organization.

Did the organization take some gambles on overhauling the defense? Yes. Was it a necessary gamble? Some say yes and some say no. Just because someone's opinion doesn't match yours doesn't mean they're dumb. They take what they hear and process it just like you do. Just because they come up with a differing opinion doesn't mean they're not entitled to it.

Are fairweather fans annoying? Yes. However, I do not believe they make up a majority of our fan base.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 03:10 PM 10-14-2019
Trying to open eyes to the larger trend. We have been repeating the same mistakes as an organization for 50 years.
Well, don't blame me - I haven't even been alive for 50 years.

We loose
Now, that's a personal problem.

we demand that heads roll, we start all over again. As a fan base we haven't changed our approach or learned from any mistakes. We can't see the ineffectiveness of changing defensive schemes every other year. I want us to get angry about throwing the baby out with the bath water every year just to appease our anger.
If anything, this franchise has been TOO static and too resistant to change.

Jack Steadman was here for almost 30 years. Carl Peterson replaced him and was here for almost 20.

Carl brought Marty in, who installed the WCO with Paul Hackett in 1993 and when Marty left after 10 years, we tried to basically continue the same blueprint and same offensive/defensive schemes with Gunther as HC. When that was obviously failing, he brought in Dick Vermeil, who stayed 5 years, and left WHEN HE RETIRED. Mike Solari stayed and tried to continue the Gillman/Coryell numbers offense as OC under Herm. Herm basically kept the same 4-3 system as Gunther, just with more cover 2/zone than Gunther. That didn't work, so after Trent Green was gone, they brought in Chan Gailey, who ran the Erhardt/Perkins offense, which is what Todd Haley also runs. With Haley came the 2-gap 3-4, which Romeo Crennel obviously also ran, as he was DC under Haley.

Finally, back to a modified WCO with Reid, who brought Sutton with him to run a modified 1-gap 3-4 defense. We had those guys for 6 years, when Sutton left in the offseason, to be replaced by Spaggot Spagnuolo, who installed a 4-3 zone, and that defense is worse than Sutton's.

So, if ANYTHING, we didn't change fast enough when things were obviously not working. Spagnuolo's defense is straight garbage. It was historically bad in NO, and we may have a chance to be worse.
[Reply]
MahiMike 03:51 PM 10-14-2019
Hot take. This is quite dumb.
[Reply]
13and3 04:13 PM 10-14-2019
Thanks to everyone who posted in this thread. I now know that im both a pretentious idiot and a asshat with strong tendencies towards jack assery. There is no way I would have ever known this unless many many people took time out of their busy day to inform me that i shouldn't think to hard as i am completely incapable of rational thought. I will carry this with me for the rest of my days and will continue to strive to be at least a more coherent bumbling and rambling idiot
[Reply]
Fish 04:28 PM 10-14-2019
Thanks to everyone who posted in this thread. I now know that im both a pretentious idiot with strong tendencies towards jack assery. There is no way I would have ever known this unless many many people took time out of their busy day to inform me that i shouldn't think to hard as i am completely incapable of rational thought. I will carry this with me for the rest of my days and will continue to strive to be at least a more coherent bumbling and rambling idiot
You're welcome.
[Reply]
FAX 04:43 PM 10-14-2019
Thanks to everyone who posted in this thread. I now know that im both a pretentious idiot and a asshat with strong tendencies towards jack assery. There is no way I would have ever known this unless many many people took time out of their busy day to inform me that i shouldn't think to hard as i am completely incapable of rational thought. I will carry this with me for the rest of my days and will continue to strive to be at least a more coherent bumbling and rambling idiot
Don't feel bad, Mr. 13and3 ...

Shockingly disturbing losses like these can affect even the most stable and sophisticated of minds. (As can be easily verified by reading ChiefsPlanet.)

FAX
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:44 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan:
stupid post...been waiting sense 1970

waited long enough...last year was the beginning of another 50 years..
Ownership ship is main issue.
Seats full of hopefuls paying out the yazoo for tickets and parking wearing the high priced NFL license apparel.
As long as the seats are full things stay the same.
The NFLE thing and big gambling run what will happen and where.
It would seem as though that's right. We'll never be in a division that gifts the players a bye week, 99% preferred calls from the WWFL's biased officials, and at least six semi-bye weeks; so we'll pretty-much never go into every post season looking for HFA and few injuries, bumps, and bruises.

I fear that last year was our year, but the WWFL's finest chose an excellent time to make a call that could be made on almost every play.
[Reply]
007 07:34 PM 10-14-2019
It's my fault. I didn't go to the game this week because my son came to town to visit us.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 13
« First < 289101112 13 >
Up