ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 398 of 1208
« First < 298348388394395396397398 399400401402408448498898 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 09:39 PM 12-31-2016
Chili dogs.
[Reply]
cdcox 09:42 PM 12-31-2016
Originally Posted by Buzz:
That sounds good, how do you make them?
I will give you the run down later when I'm in a real computer. I've been making these for 32 years and there are a few pointers I've picked up along the way.

The sauce in the picture has apricots as the first ingredients.
[Reply]
threebag 11:16 PM 12-31-2016
Pork shoulder on the smoker. Hot links on in the morning.
[Reply]
cdcox 12:20 PM 01-01-2017
Here is my egg roll recipe:

1 medium head of cabbage chopped. Discard the ribs and core. Average piece should be 2-1/2 inches long and 1/4 inch wide. If you chop across the grain this is easy to achieve.

1 large bunch celery diced. Use all of the sized ribs.

1 15 oz can bean sprouts. Fresh are better, but I can hardly find them any more.

6 cloves garlic chopped and divided into two batches.

1 to 1.4 lbs chicken breasts cut to a 1/4" dice

1 T sugar mixed with 2 T soy sauce

1 package of egg roll skins (about 2 dozen)

flour and water paste

vegetable or canola oil for stir frying and deep frying

Duck sauce and Chinese mustard for serving

There are essentially 4 stages: prep (described above), stir frying, rolling, and deep frying. Count on spending 2 hours.

Stir fry chicken:

1. Add a couple tablespoons to oil to a hot wok. Add half the garlic and stir 15 seconds.
2. Stir fry the chicken, until just done. Pour into a bowl and set aside.

Stir fry vegetables, best done in two batches.
1. Add a couple tablespoons to oil to a hot wok. Add garlic and stir 15 seconds.
2. Add cabbage and celery, stir fry until bright and still crisp.
3. Add bean sprouts and stir fry another minute
4. Add chicken (and any broth that accumulated) and stir.
5. Add sugar/soy mixture, stir until mixed uniformly
6. Drain well in a colander

Now for the rolling.
1. Place one wrapper diagonally on a clean work surface.
2. Use a slotted spoon. You don't want free liquid remaining in the filling. Add a good spoonful (maybe 1/4 cup or more?) to the middle, slightly offset toward you.
3. Fold the tip closest to you over the filling, followed by the two side points, kind of like an envelope and roll. Tuck in the edges as best you can. Use the paste to seal the final flap. You'll get better at this stage the more often you make them. Try to avoid tears and loose ends.
4. Line up the rolled egg rolls on paper towels.

Frying. I always use my wok for frying.
1. Add enough oil so you can comfortably cook 1 or 2 rolls at a time without them touching the bottom. Heat the oil.
2. Prepare two draining stations consisting of square food storage containers lined with 3. layers of paper towels. Each station should hold 4 egg rolls standing on end.
4. Use a good set of tongs to handle the egg rolls.
5. The oil should be hot enough that it churns when you add an egg roll to it. It should become lightly browned in about 30 seconds. Roll the egg roll in the oil with tongs as it cooks to brown evenly.
6. After it is very lightly browned, move the egg roll to the first draining station, standing it on end. Once you have four, cycle each egg roll back to the fryer for another 30 seconds or so and move to the second draining station. From here you can move them on to the serving platter, lined with paper towels.
7. Regulate the heat on the oil so it doesn't get too hot. On the stoves I have used, the oil will get too hot over time if you leave it on hi the whole time.

If this is the only thing you are eating, figure around 6 egg rolls per person for a mixed male/female crowd. When I was in grad school, I made over 100 for a party one night.

Good sauces are important to the overall experience.The brand in the picture is good on both the duck sauce and the mustard. I like to put a little mustard and a little duck sauce on each bite.
[Reply]
lewdog 02:00 PM 01-01-2017
Pre-Chiefs game meal. Nothing pretty but quite tasty.

Bed of refried beans topped with cheese on bottom of plate. Instead of rice used quinoa today. Veggie mix of peas, carrots, onions and jalapenos sauteed with Tajin seasoning. Top with extra jumbo shrimp cooked in cast iron and a few spoonfuls of hot salsa.

[Reply]
Bowser 02:02 PM 01-01-2017
Are you a new fan to this team? Where are the beer brats and chili cheese fries to go with the Jack and Cokes? Fucking tailgate n00bs, I swear to god...
[Reply]
TimBone 02:09 PM 01-01-2017
My first attempt at pulled pork. The cook took a lot longer than I thought, and it still never quite reached the internal temp that I wanted.

I finally just pulled it from the smoker, let it rest, and then pulled it apart with two forks to see if it was cooked. Turned out well. Maybe a bad thermometer?

[Reply]
lewdog 02:11 PM 01-01-2017
Originally Posted by cdcox:

1 medium head of cabbage chopped. Discard the ribs and core. Average piece should be 2-1/2 inches long and 1/4 inch wide. If you chop across the grain this is easy to achieve.

1 large bunch celery diced. Use all of the sized ribs.

1 15 oz can bean sprouts. Fresh are better, but I can hardly find them any more.

6 cloves garlic chopped and divided into two batches.

1 to 1.4 lbs chicken breasts cut to a 1/4" dice

1 T sugar mixed with 2 T soy sauce

1 package of egg roll skins (about 2 dozen)

flour and water paste

vegetable or canola oil for stir frying and deep frying

Duck sauce and Chinese mustard for serving

There are essentially 4 stages: prep (described above), stir frying, rolling, and deep frying. Count on spending 2 hours.

Stir fry chicken:

1. Add a couple tablespoons to oil to a hot wok. Add half the garlic and stir 15 seconds.
2. Stir fry the chicken, until just done. Pour into a bowl and set aside.

Stir fry vegetables, best done in two batches.
1. Add a couple tablespoons to oil to a hot wok. Add garlic and stir 15 seconds.
2. Add cabbage and celery, stir fry until bright and still crisp.
3. Add bean sprouts and stir fry another minute
4. Add chicken (and any broth that accumulated) and stir.
5. Add sugar/soy mixture, stir until mixed uniformly
6. Drain well in a colander

Now for the rolling.
1. Place one wrapper diagonally on a clean work surface.
2. Use a slotted spoon. You don't want free liquid remaining in the filling. Add a good spoonful (maybe 1/4 cup or more?) to the middle, slightly offset toward you.
3. Fold the tip closest to you over the filling, followed by the two side points, kind of like an envelope and roll. Tuck in the edges as best you can. Use the paste to seal the final flap. You'll get better at this stage the more often you make them. Try to avoid tears and loose ends.
4. Line up the rolled egg rolls on paper towels.

Frying. I always use my wok for frying.
1. Add enough oil so you can comfortably cook 1 or 2 rolls at a time without them touching the bottom. Heat the oil.
2. Prepare two draining stations consisting of square food storage containers lined with 3. layers of paper towels. Each station should hold 4 egg rolls standing on end.
4. Use a good set of tongs to handle the egg rolls.
5. The oil should be hot enough that it churns when you add an egg roll to it. It should become lightly browned in about 30 seconds. Roll the egg roll in the oil with tongs as it cooks to brown evenly.
6. After it is very lightly browned, move the egg roll to the first draining station, standing it on end. Once you have four, cycle each egg roll back to the fryer for another 30 seconds or so and move to the second draining station. From here you can move them on to the serving platter, lined with paper towels.
7. Regulate the heat on the oil so it doesn't get too hot. On the stoves I have used, the oil will get too hot over time if you leave it on hi the whole time.

If this is the only thing you are eating, figure around 6 egg rolls per person for a mixed male/female crowd. When I was in grad school, I made over 100 for a party one night.

Good sauces are important to the overall experience.The brand in the picture is good on both the duck sauce and the mustard. I like to put a little mustard and a little duck sauce on each bite.
Shit, that's a lot of work.

I'd just invite TimBone's wife over and have her do it.
[Reply]
lewdog 02:12 PM 01-01-2017
Originally Posted by TimBone:
My first attempt at pulled pork. The cook took a lot longer than I thought, and it still never quite reached the internal temp that I wanted.

I finally just pulled it from the smoker, let it rest, and then pulled it apart with two forks to see if it was cooked. Turned out well. Maybe a bad thermometer?

What temp did it reach? It's not always about the exact temperature IMO.
[Reply]
TimBone 02:13 PM 01-01-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:
What temp did it reach? It's not always about the exact temperature IMO.
I read it's supposed to reach between 190-195.

Mine topped out at 180. It was comoletely cooked though.
[Reply]
TimBone 02:13 PM 01-01-2017
Shit, that's a lot of work.

I'd just invite TimBone's wife over and have her do it.
Good luck. That chick uses frozen lumpia.
[Reply]
RobBlake 02:19 PM 01-01-2017
not my pic but what I had this morning.. amazing breakfast

[Reply]
cdcox 02:33 PM 01-01-2017
Pre-Chiefs game meal. Nothing pretty but quite tasty.

Bed of refried beans topped with cheese on bottom of plate. Instead of rice used quinoa today. Veggie mix of peas, carrots, onions and jalapenos sauteed with Tajin seasoning. Top with extra jumbo shrimp cooked in cast iron and a few spoonfuls of hot salsa.

Would plow. I love dishes where everything is just piled together into a single dish.
[Reply]
scho63 02:36 PM 01-01-2017
Originally Posted by cdcox:

:-)

or about 15 minutes :-)

[Reply]
Bowser 02:40 PM 01-01-2017
Originally Posted by RobBlake:
not my pic but what I had this morning.. amazing breakfast

[Reply]
Page 398 of 1208
« First < 298348388394395396397398 399400401402408448498898 > Last »
Up