ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 32
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Houston hires Nick Caserio to be GM
Mecca 06:38 PM 01-05-2021
More New England trash, these teams will never learn.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 11:40 PM 01-07-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
Sounds like the power struggle is directly between McNair and Watson.
I wouldn't say it's a power struggle, more like one of them is trapped in a burning building, and the other keeps trying to put the fire out with gasoline.

McNair is just doing his best Woody Johnson and Martha Ford impersonations.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:44 PM 01-07-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
Sounds like the power struggle is directly between McNair and Watson.
He's probably pissed at McNair for lying to him about having input in who the next GM and HC will be, but I'd put good money down that the real disdain is towards Easterby.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:47 PM 01-07-2021
Bledsoe is another example. Traded within the division at 30. There was serious debate over whether that was a wise move at the time, especially after NE missed the playoffs. Right in hindsight, but Brady was a game manager at the time.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:01 AM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Vikings would be an interesting one. Clear upgrade over Cousins and some really nice weapons.

Would probably position them as the “next” team in the NFC North when Rodgers declines.
The Vikes can't do anything with Cousins until after next season. He's got a $45M dead cap number.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:08 AM 01-08-2021
If you're McNair and you've got at least 5 or 6 brain cells somewhere in that noggin of yours, you'd choose keeping Deshaun Watson on the team over Jack fucking Easterby, right?

But that's apparently not what's going to happen. He's actually going to keep that goddamn snake over his franchise QB.

Unbelievable.

I know KC's front office structure doesn't operate the same way, but if I were Clark and I found out somebody like Mark Donovan so much as told a bad joke to Mahomes, I'd want his ass fired immediately.
[Reply]
thabear04 12:48 AM 01-08-2021
Albert Breer of SI.com supplies another reason for Watson’s consternation. Per Breer, Watson advocated for the Texans to hire Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy. The Texans, however, became the only team with a vacancy to not even interview Bieniemy.

Breer explains that Mahomes “put in a strong word” for Bieniemy, which prompted Watson to push for Bieniemy. The Texans, who had said they’d consult with Watson, ignored Watson’s suggestion. And that undoubtedly has contributed to the consternation and frustration that Watson is currently feeling.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:45 AM 01-08-2021
I would hope that Bienemy would have more sense than to go to the only organization in sports currently being run like a death cult.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:02 AM 01-08-2021
Watson has a no trade clause so he can pick where he wants to go. My hope is that he's so disgusted with this patriot way tunnel vision bullshit that he'll stop a bellichick solid and avoid new England like the plague.

Would love to see him in the nfc. Da bears and sf would be great overnight. Sf would have way better cap flexibility to pull it off.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:08 AM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I would hope that Bienemy would have more sense than to go to the only organization in sports currently being run like a death cult.
Exactly.

Jack Easterby is the Joel Osteen of football.
[Reply]
morphius 07:13 AM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I remember McDaniels trading away Cutler in Denver (at the time considered a franchise QB)
Cutler was AWFUL in the redzone, I understood completely why he traded that guy. I was hoping Denver would keep him. That might have been the only smart move he made, haha
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:13 AM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Exactly.

Jack Easterby is the Joel Osteen of football.
Caserio currently studying NFL contract language to force tithes to Easterby.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:14 AM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by morphius:
Cutler was AWFUL in the redzone, I understood completely why he traded that guy. I was hoping Denver would keep him. That might have been the only smart move he made, haha
Yep.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:14 AM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Caserio currently studying NFL contract language to force tithes to Easterby.
:-)

:-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:55 AM 01-08-2021
:-):-):-):-):-) Worst job confirmed. Matt Eberflus won't even accept an interview request for the job. He'd rather spend his time interviewing with the Jets.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:58 AM 01-08-2021
Inspirational

This guy had the power to hand-pick Houston's general manager instead of Deshaun Watson. pic.twitter.com/vERyorb6nN

— Rivers McCown (@riversmccown) January 8, 2021

[Reply]
Page 13 of 32
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up