ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1909 of 3903
« First < 909140918091859189919051906190719081909 191019111912191319191959200924092909 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
SAUTO 02:16 PM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Like I said, I told you it was coming but again, whatever
Yeah I acknowledged that in the post you quoted dude...

You also said it wasn't available. That's why I called and asked dipshit.
[Reply]
Bwana 02:16 PM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
I agree, the small processors are full until fall as well.... So you have to do it yourself. I used to do my own deer back in the day, but a cow or pig are way bigger and I don't have the equip any more...
Yeah I have a steel beam I could use for hanging some of it and I have a feeling a few of my Dewalt tools will come into play for cutting through bone on the tables. I also have plenty of sharp knives and a good steel. It will be a redneck butchering shop, but it will get the job done, if I decide to go that direction.

I would probably hang it from their loader to gut and skin it then cut it into manageable large pieces on the spot. A couple of tarps and a bunch of Ice for the transport home and I'm golden.
[Reply]
SAUTO 02:17 PM 05-06-2020
Yeah I have a steel beam I could use for hanging some of it and I have a feeling a few of my Dewalt tools will come into play for cutting through bone on the tables. I also have plenty of sharp knives and a good steel. It will be a redneck butchering shop, but it will get the job done, if I decide to go that direction.

I would probably hang it from their loader to gut and skin it then cut it into manageable large pieces on the spot. A couple of tarps and a bunch of Ice for the transport home and I'm golden.
That's a great plan
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:18 PM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
My parents came across a good deal on deep freezes so i got a 21 cubic foot one to go along with a 14 (I think it is) that I've got in the garage. If the power goes out....we may all be ****ed.

I have been looking for a chest freezer but apparently no one has any in stock. I would like to buy a half a cow or something
[Reply]
petegz28 02:18 PM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Yeah I acknowledged that in the post you quoted dude...

You also said it wasn't available. That's why I called and asked dipshit.
You are such a ****ing sandy twat at times.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:18 PM 05-06-2020
Cuomo says it’s ‘shocking’ most new coronavirus hospitalizations are people who had been staying home

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/06/ny-g...ying-home.html
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:19 PM 05-06-2020
Need to step up my curing game.
[Reply]
Bwana 02:20 PM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
My parents came across a good deal on deep freezes so i got a 21 cubic foot one to go along with a 14 (I think it is) that I've got in the garage. If the power goes out....we may all be ****ed.
I have a bunch of big coolers, so I would toss it all in them with some Ice. At least that would buy some extra time, once the freezer starts cooling off too much. Either that or throw on hell of a neighborhood BBQ! :-)
[Reply]
Bwana 02:21 PM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Is anyone else doing home delivery for groceries? It apparently gets you in the supply line a few days out (if you want) so with some planning, it's no big deal.
Nope, my parents tried that and ended up with a bunch of subpar produce.
[Reply]
O.city 02:22 PM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I have been looking for a chest freezer but apparently no one has any in stock. I would like to buy a half a cow or something
Yeah, you can't find them anywhere.

I found a restaurant that was selling a big glass one that i thought about buying but if it fucked up it would be hell to fix.

Mom came across a good deal on a chest one so i just grabbed it.
[Reply]
SAUTO 02:22 PM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
You are such a ****ing sandy twat at times.
Really? No...

I thought you only talked about it not being available (which is what I really disagreed with, I had already mentioned it was 5 a lb at the store)

Then i looked back and saw i was wrong, edited my post to acknowledge that fact. And you still had to open your mouth. But I'm the sandy twat?
[Reply]
SAUTO 02:23 PM 05-06-2020
Yeah I ordered one 6 weeks ago through menards and it's supposed to get there the 15th
[Reply]
Bwana 02:24 PM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
That's a great plan
:-)
[Reply]
O.city 02:25 PM 05-06-2020
I have a bunch of big coolers, so I would toss it all in them with some Ice. At least that would buy some extra time, once the freezer starts cooling off too much. Either that or throw on hell of a neighborhood BBQ! :-)
Yeah, my neighbors would like that. We have a nice little neighborhood system going. We live on about 10 acres but have 5 houses fairly close that we call the "strangeline neighborhood" no clue who or where that come from.

Anyway, one of them has chickens so they supply the neighborhood with eggs, i run the neighborhood garden so i do all the veggies and fruit. Looking like I'll have some nice corn and squash this year, peas are coming along nicely too.

Guy down the hill has cattle so he takes care of the beef for everyone. Kinda nice we all just pitch in and make shit go. Like a little commune. It's weird cause they're all in their 70's, then there is my wife and i in our 30s.

I've been on grocery duty for them all the past month since they're confined to the house so they've been baking/cooking and bringing shit to our house. My kids are gonna be fattened up.
[Reply]
Bwana 02:25 PM 05-06-2020
Have you tried Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace?
[Reply]
Page 1909 of 3903
« First < 909140918091859189919051906190719081909 191019111912191319191959200924092909 > Last »
Up