ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 17
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Media Center>Wonder Woman 1984 trailer
lcarus 04:56 PM 12-26-2020
I thought the first WW movie was pretty boring. I don't know. DC has done absolutely nothing to impress me with any of their movies since the Nolan Batman movies. And I'm a DC guy. Disappointing.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:27 PM 12-26-2020
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I thought the first WW movie was pretty boring. I don't know. DC has done absolutely nothing to impress me with any of their movies since the Nolan Batman movies. And I'm a DC guy. Disappointing.
It's funny/odd how DC Comics > Marvel Comics, but the MCU is light years ahead of DCEU.
[Reply]
lcarus 05:46 PM 12-26-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
It's funny/odd how DC Comics > Marvel Comics, but the MCU is light years ahead of DCEU.
Agreed. I wish DC would start to really focus hard on some good quality animated features. I'd love for them to make some stuff in the mold of Batman the Animated Series.
[Reply]
Fish 07:59 PM 12-26-2020
It's funny/odd how DC Comics > Marvel Comics
Neg rep. :-)

:-)
[Reply]
Cheater5 08:26 PM 12-27-2020
Yeah!

No. :-)
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 11:37 PM 12-26-2020
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Shazam was great and made fun of the tropes in a not mean spirited way.
[Reply]
tk13 09:08 PM 12-26-2020
To be honest the whole thing felt like a tribute to the Superman II & III style of movies, and if that was the intention I think they mostly pulled it off. Problem is those kinds of movies will get killed today because everything has to be in a universe and unflinchingly apply to a set of rules. I kind of applaud the guts it takes to make a movie that is completely against the grain of the last 15 years of superhero movies knowing you're going to get killed. Jenkins definitely did it way better than Bryan Singer did, she at least tried to have some fun with this.

There were still some major flaws though, no doubt, but I did enjoy that they didn't even try to tie this into any other film or waste time worldbuilding for another movie. That's gotten DC in so much trouble because it feels like they're just copying Marvel and not doing it nearly as well.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:02 AM 12-27-2020
They paid $200 million to make this trash. WTF? Complete disaster.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 11:51 AM 12-27-2020
Not a good movie. I paid for a month of HBO max to see this and I wish I hadn't.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 01:02 PM 12-27-2020
@Variety: ‘Wonder Woman 3’ in the Works With Director Patty*Jenkins https://variety.com/2020/film/news/w...ns-1234875194/

Jenkins is back.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:35 PM 12-27-2020
This actually seems like a little bit of a disappointment. I wonder how many watched on HBOMAX?

#WonderWoman1984 broke the record for the largest domestic opening wknd during the pandemic era w/ $16.7M in 3 days from 2151 thtrs. This is with only 56% of the marketplace open for business + seating capacity limits. Over 10,000 private shows were rented out driving #boxoffice.

— Gitesh Pandya (@GiteshPandya) December 27, 2020

[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:05 PM 12-27-2020
HBO Max's 'Wonder Woman 1984' audience helps fast-track a sequel

Millions of subscribers watched 'WW84' on opening day.

There’s little doubt that WarnerMedia had high hopes for Wonder Woman 1984’s simultaneous debut on HBO Max and in theaters, and that trust appears to have been well-placed. Warner Bros. is fast-tracking development of Wonder Woman 3 based on both its relative success at the pandemic-struck box office ($16.7 million in the US) and its HBO Max turnout. The media giant was unsurprisingly shy on exact numbers, but made clear that WW84 was a big help for its fledgling streaming service.

Nearly half of all “retail” HBO Max subscribers (that is, people paying $15 per month) watched the superhero movie on opening day, WarnerMedia said. There were also “millions” of bundle customers who used their cable or phone subscriptions to watch. Viewing hours on Christmas Day more than tripled the average in November.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:10 PM 12-27-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Nearly half of all “retail” HBO Max subscribers (that is, people paying $15 per month) watched the superhero movie on opening day, WarnerMedia said. There were also “millions” of bundle customers who used their cable or phone subscriptions to watch. Viewing hours on Christmas Day more than tripled the average in November.
Now, watch those numbers fall 50% after people have figured out that HBO has nothing else to offer, especially at $15 per month.
[Reply]
listopencil 08:25 PM 12-27-2020
I'd watch Gal Gadot put butter on toast, but the next movie had better be superior to this one or they'll kill the franchise.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:06 PM 12-27-2020
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I'd watch Gal Gadot put butter on toast, but the next movie had better be superior to this one or they'll kill the franchise.
Hopefully they learn from the backlash on this one. I feel this wasn't a wonder woman movie at all..also felt like they made her dumb af after a rewatch with the wife. So bloated this movie was and wonder woman can't move on from Steve Trevor? Hardly any action either. I assume we won't see a third movie till a year or two after rogue squadron.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 17
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up