ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1086 of 2693
« First < 865869861036107610821083108410851086 108710881089109010961136118615862086 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:12 PM 09-26-2018
That's one the sweetest things about this new era imo - we can throw an incomplete bomb and still recover.

In the Smiff era that's drive over almost every single time. Running play, dump off, punt.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:30 PM 09-26-2018

Throw 3: 62mph
[Reply]
DRM08 12:32 PM 09-26-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC:
I was wondering if they were gonna review that during the game but they didn't and of course Fox didn't show the replay at all so I didn't even know if was worth a review. Since we didn't review I figured it wasn't worth it, but that there makes me think that maybe they should've taken a bit to look at it. But I'm pretty sure we scored on that drive anyway so.. moot point haha
It was 3rd and 20, so that incomplete call by the ref did in fact kill the drive. Great throw by Mahomes and a great play on the ball by Hill. Too bad the Chiefs didn't challenge it.
[Reply]
Dayze 12:37 PM 09-26-2018
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:

Throw 3: 62mph
62 with barely a warm up.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:44 PM 09-26-2018
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Hell of a catch by Conley. Gotta give him big props for not giving up on the play and fighting to get some space and then great job holding onto that absolute rocket from Mahomes.
Very smart and persistent play by Conley and Mahomes both.

Opposing defenses probably see that and don’t know what they can do about it.

Can’t cover forever.
All of our receivers are sub 4.4 guys
All of them never stop working

The defense can cover perfectly and Mahomes will still find someone and get them the ball much faster than defenses can prepare for due to his otherworldly arm.

There is LITERALLY nothing opposing teams can do to prepare for our offense.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:45 PM 09-26-2018
Best thing Conley did in that video was make himself big to give Mahomes a target.

I got in my car for 5 minutes today and 610 is pumping this narrative that "the 49ers showed how to beat Patrick Mahomes" why is that station constantly pumping that the offense is going to go to shit the minute it's on tape theory?

They've been doing it all year.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:46 PM 09-26-2018
Also, a crazy thing about that play was I had a feeling something special was going to happen and took out my phone and filmed it at the game.

I’ll try to post it to YouTube and embed it here if I can. Cool video.
[Reply]
DRM08 12:46 PM 09-26-2018
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Very smart and persistent play by Conley and Mahomes both.

Opposing defenses probably see that and don’t know what they can do about it.

Can’t cover forever.
All of our receivers are sub 4.4 guys
All of them never stop working

The defense can cover perfectly and Mahomes will still find someone and get them the ball much faster than defenses can prepare for due to his otherworldly arm.

There is LITERALLY nothing opposing teams can do to prepare for our offense.
And to top it off it seems Pat has elite manipulation with his eyes already. All it takes is a bit of manipulation to get a defender to move slightly the wrong way and they are screwed because they can't make up ground on his velocity.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:52 PM 09-26-2018

[Reply]
BossChief 12:53 PM 09-26-2018
Originally Posted by DRM08:
And to top it off it seems Pat has elite manipulation with his eyes already. All it takes is a bit of manipulation to get a defender to move slightly the wrong way and they are screwed because they can't make up ground on his velocity.
He’s literally a cheat code.

So is Hill.

So is Kelce.
[Reply]
New World Order 12:54 PM 09-26-2018
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=E7KNaXPXf-0

I’m not sure how to embed from mobile

[Reply]
Best22 12:55 PM 09-26-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Best thing Conley did in that video was make himself big to give Mahomes a target.

I got in my car for 5 minutes today and 610 is pumping this narrative that "the 49ers showed how to beat Patrick Mahomes" why is that station constantly pumping that the offense is going to go to shit the minute it's on tape theory?

They've been doing it all year.
Yep. It was all gimmicks

Just wait till NFL teams get film on that guy Aaron Rodgers. Packers are toast

:-)

The very idea that "film" will shut down an offense that has Hill, Kelce, Hunt, Watkins, and Conley is laughable. A decent QB would average 25+ points with this talent alone. Add a dynamic quarterback, and you get 39ppg
[Reply]
Mecca 12:59 PM 09-26-2018
Originally Posted by Best22:
Yep. It was all gimmicks

Just wait till NFL teams get film on that guy Aaron Rodgers. Packers are toast

:-)

The very idea that "film" will shut down an offense that has Hill, Kelce, Hunt, Watkins, and Conley is laughable. A decent QB would average 25+ points with this talent alone. Add a dynamic quarterback, and you get 39ppg
Today that tool Kent Swanson was on basically going "Mahomes was terrible in the second half, they hit him and it rattled him, he missed open guys all over the field and was holding the ball to long, teams are going to blitz him now after they showed that"

After Danan Hughes has been on every week saying the offense can't score points like that every week they're going to have weeks of 13 points.

It's like a station wide narrative.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:59 PM 09-26-2018
Are you in upper level? If so what row?
[Reply]
DRM08 01:03 PM 09-26-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Today that tool Kent Swanson was on basically going "Mahomes was terrible in the second half, they hit him and it rattled him, he missed open guys all over the field and was holding the ball to long, teams are going to blitz him now after they showed that"

After Danan Hughes has been on every week saying the offense can't score points like that every week they're going to have weeks of 13 points.

It's like a station wide narrative.
It looked to me like the playcalling was pretty conservative in the 2nd half.

There was also a drive that died on a drop by Harris. Mahomes hit him right in the hands with soft velocity. There was also a drive that died on a great 3rd and 15 throw by Mahomes that was actually a catch on the sideline by Tyreek and called incomplete by the refs. KC should have challenged it.

Chiefs only had the ball 4 times in the 2nd half. Two of those drives died on stuff completely out of Mahomes' control as said above. Another drive ended in a field goal which is not bad. The final drive was a deliberate attempt to run out the clock and it worked.
[Reply]
Page 1086 of 2693
« First < 865869861036107610821083108410851086 108710881089109010961136118615862086 > Last »
Up