ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 48 of 57
« First < 384445464748 49505152 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Ravens
TLO 05:50 PM 09-20-2020
Quite possibly a preview of the AFC Championship game.

Hopefully we can get healthy by Sunday
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:07 PM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
No game in week 3 is the most important game of the year. Sorry. It's a long, long season.
Being that it's impossible to predict the future...I agree to a certain extent.

It's also fair to say that the two teams likely vying for HFA are Baltimore and KC...and a win puts the loser at a two game disadvantage.

Knowing what we know, barring catastrophic injuries...this game has serious post-season seeding implications. Neither of them will likely lose more than 4 games.

You cant, with a straight face, say this game isn't more important than a regular game...it counts as two games when it comes to the head-to-head seeding.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 01:11 PM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
No game in week 3 is the most important game of the year. Sorry. It's a long, long season.
It might not be the most important but it's very likely could be the difference between the #1 and #2 seed. which at the end of this season when we look back will say this was the most important game.
[Reply]
Ravens213 01:16 PM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by YontsRBake:
This is an easy W for 2 reasons:

1. The Ravens defense is truly trash against good teams that can actually throw the ball.
2. What stops their offense is exactly the style of defense were good at (bend don't break) The only team that runs this style of defense better is the Titans, who also own the Ravens.
I’m back to say that these two comments couldn’t be farther from the truth lol. Actually impressed with how incorrect you are.
1. The ravens have been the best defense in the league statistically since getting Marcus Peters. In part this is due to my 2nd point that I’m about to get to but they’ve also just been awesome. Some stats on ravens D since acquiring peters (games against Seahawks, Rams, Patriots, Texans w/Hopkins and 49ers included:

13.7 PPG (1st)
276.5 YPG (1st)
1.3 points/drive (1st)
18% takeaways/drive (1st)
16 TD allowed (1st)
1.1 TD/Int (1st)
72.7 Pass rtg (1st)
80.1 Def effic (1st)

2. This is actually the worst kind of defense to play against the ravens. The ravens will control the ball for 3/4 of the game if you play a bend don’t break style... we’ve done it time and time again. The ravens were also the number 1 red zone team last year so letting us get near the end zone time and time again and hoping to hold the ravens to a field goal is not going to work. Defenses need to take risks and try to get takeaways/force the ravens into 3rd and long.

Your comments would be like me saying “the ravens need to all out blitz Mahomes on every play! That’s how we will stop their offense.”
[Reply]
RunKC 01:17 PM 09-26-2020
If things stay this way, and I think they will, HFA doesn’t really mean that much, especially for us.

There’s nowhere near as much noise or energy from any stadium.
[Reply]
Ravens213 01:23 PM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
Ravens 213

You are cracking me up man. I would love to have a beer with you.

That "feels like I'm living in a gallon of milk" comment made me laugh so hard!

This is not an easy board to come on as an opposing fan, hell sometimes not even as a Chief fan. LOL

Look, I wanted to hate Lamar. He makes the Ravens better and I want Mahomes to dominate the league.

BUT the more I watch the guy, you cant help but like him. His interviews are great, his teammates love him. He has introduced a completely different offense than any other team plays.
Ravens will be contenders as long as Lamar is their QB. He is fun to watch and his passing seems to be getting better, yikes.

Now, all that said. GO CHIEFS!! Destroy the Ravens and show them they are second place to the MIGHTY CHIEFS!!
Appreciate that. Come to Iowa sometime and we will hit the local bar (chipotle), and put down a couple Coronas.

Agree on Lamar. I think that’s why I feel the need to defend him on a chiefs message board. His personality makes him so likable and he genuinely cares about everyone around him. Not to rehash the marketing discussion but that’s why I think he’s so likable. He doesn’t have that off putting strictly professional approach that most qbs seem to approach every situation with. To each their own though.
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:23 PM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
If things stay this way, and I think they will, HFA doesn’t really mean that much, especially for us.

There’s nowhere near as much noise or energy from any stadium.
An extra week for Reid and getting rested is big...it also amounts to another game where you can easily lose if things dont bounce your way...or injuries.

If the Chargers get the 7th seed..KC will have to play them a 3rd time...in back-to back weeks. Week 17 is against LA...

I cant believe people think not getting bye isn't a big deal...it massively increases the odds for reaching the SB.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 01:24 PM 09-26-2020
Like i said before...the football world will be against on monday guys...the media, ex pros, talking heads etc are all rooting for the Ravens. Pff barely mentioned the fact that we've beat them twice and the Ravens had top and ran for 200 yards and still lost easily despute us having no Reek, Fisher and Williams. They also gloss over the Ravens weak o-line and tried to act like their rush is on chargers level smh...this is just like the sb...the niners style was "built" to beat us too. Regardless though what folks cannot dispute is our guys have more experience of big games lately than this Ravens squad...and it will count for something in the end I believe.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 01:27 PM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
An extra week for Reid and getting rested is big...it also amounts to another game where you can easily lose if things dont bounce your way...or injuries.

If the Chargers get the 7th seed..KC will have to play them a 3rd time...in back-to back weeks. Week 17 is against LA...

I cant believe people think not getting bye isn't a big deal...
We've beaten them 12 out of the last 13 games.
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:33 PM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
We've beaten them 12 out of the last 13 games.
and Watkins got hurt...so?

Remember Maclin getting hurt at the end of the Texans play-off route?...did that effect the outcome in a close game at NE...the following week? Patriots, as the #2 seed, got to sit on their ass...and watch KC's #1 WR injure himself.

I cant believe this is even a discussion...there is even MORE at stake this year as the #2 seed has to play 3 play-off games.
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:34 PM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by Ravens213:
I’m back to say that these two comments couldn’t be farther from the truth lol. Actually impressed with how incorrect you are.

Hey man I'm seeing lots of inaccuracies on the two Ravens boards as well it's just how it goes sometimes.

Some guy said the Chiefs defense is only three guys, Matthieu, Jones and Ford.

lol
[Reply]
Ravens213 01:38 PM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Hey man I'm seeing lots of inaccuracies on the two Ravens boards as well it's just how it goes sometimes.

Some guy said the Chiefs defense is only three guys, Matthieu, Jones and Ford.

lol
Oh I’m sure there are a bunch of meat heads over there. Tbh don’t post on any of them, just like to look at opposing teams message boards to see how they’re feeling/what they are saying. Saw the Lamar slander and had to jump in to the conversation haha gotta defend my guy.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 01:44 PM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by Ravens213:
Appreciate that. Come to Iowa sometime and we will hit the local bar (chipotle), and put down a couple Coronas.

Agree on Lamar. I think that’s why I feel the need to defend him on a chiefs message board. His personality makes him so likable and he genuinely cares about everyone around him. Not to rehash the marketing discussion but that’s why I think he’s so likable. He doesn’t have that off putting strictly professional approach that most qbs seem to approach every situation with. To each their own though.
Lamar, Patrick and Deshaun are the new face of the league and it's fun to watch.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:49 PM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by BlackOp:

I cant believe people think not getting bye isn't a big deal...it massively increases the odds for reaching the SB.
There’s downsides to it too. Baltimore got a week off and they looked like shit and lost.

The Chiefs got a week off and looked like absolute garbage in the first quarter giving up 24 points.

It’s mainly injuries that you look for. Complacency from the bye week has ended many seasons.
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:00 PM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
There’s downsides to it too. Baltimore got a week off and they looked like shit and lost.

The Chiefs got a week off and looked like absolute garbage in the first quarter giving up 24 points.

It’s mainly injuries that you look for. Complacency from the bye week has ended many seasons.
I think not playing greatly increases your chances to advance to the next week....
[Reply]
crispystl 02:14 PM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I would not... but that’s just me.

I think this is going to be like a 34-31 game.

Yeeeeaaahhhh that’s a no for me dawg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 48 of 57
« First < 384445464748 49505152 > Last »
Up