ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1899 of 3903
« First < 899139917991849188918951896189718981899 190019011902190319091949199923992899 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Monticore 08:53 AM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Bundesliga European soccer league starting back up this month. Sports are slowly coming back
I am more worried about my kids sports than the pros.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:01 AM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Did you get the coughing induced orgasims
Ugh no!

This sucks!
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:09 AM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Bundesliga European soccer league starting back up this month. Sports are slowly coming back

The good thing here is that it will make the start of the NFL season a much easier decision, hopefully to start as normal with fans.
[Reply]
O.city 09:15 AM 05-06-2020

Just published @ScienceMagazine is a #SARSCoV2 vaccine tested in macaques (and other species) with very encouraging efficacy and safety datahttps://t.co/v0g1n22aHL We've got some real promising (now multiple paths) vaccine velocity��
H/T @hholdenthorp pic.twitter.com/z8pBKHFQr8

— Eric Topol (@EricTopol) May 6, 2020

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:21 AM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Flu has no asymptomatic spread with different incubation, and the difference between r0 of 1.3 and even 2.0 is very big
After 10 rounds of spread that’s a difference of 56 infected vs 2000plus something like that

They are both considered droplet spread , airborne would be a whole different story
COVID-19's asymptomatic spread relative to other respiratory illnesses is no doubt a significant difference, but I think it is reasonable to assume that people are still getting haircuts even when they are actively experiencing symptoms of other contagious respiratory illnesses.

And yet you generally do not hear about outbreaks of other contagious respiratory diseases from haircut establishments like you do with the flu and schools. Or norovirus and cruise ships if you expand the category to contagious non-respiratory illnesses.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:22 AM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah I'm skeptical that a vaccine will work period. There isn't a single vaccine that has worked on a CoronaVirus in 70 years. And all the sudden they have one?

Tell you what who ever develops it, immediately strip the IP rights from it and allow it to made generic and I'll trust it.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:23 AM 05-06-2020

Vaccine news keeps getting better.

[Reply]
O.city 09:24 AM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Yeah I'm skeptical that a vaccine will work period. There isn't a single vaccine that has worked on a CoronaVirus in 70 years. And all the sudden they have one?

Tell you what who ever develops it, immediately strip the IP rights from it and allow it to made generic and I'll trust it.
We've never had a corona virus that is this virulent. No reason to make one in that case.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:26 AM 05-06-2020
We've never had a corona virus that is this virulent. No reason to make one in that case.
SARS and MERS have existed and while they might not have spread they killed people at a alarming clip.

And people have attempted to make vaccines for Coronavirus family. They just don't work for what ever reason.

Again, if it does GREAT! Just stripe all IP rights from it and make it available to be produced by anyone.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:27 AM 05-06-2020

There is 3-4 already in human trials. SARS died off quickly which is why there wasn't developed for it.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:32 AM 05-06-2020
With the latest developments in regards to mutations etc my guess is the best vaccines will be the ones focusing on the spike protein such as the Oxford vaccine.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:32 AM 05-06-2020
SARS and MERS have existed and while they might not have spread they killed people at a alarming clip.

And people have attempted to make vaccines for Coronavirus family. They just don't work for what ever reason.

Again, if it does GREAT! Just stripe all IP rights from it and make it available to be produced by anyone.
SARS disappeared before any vaccines had time to be developed, so all of the work was basically dropped.

MERS vaccines have been tougher, but they do have some good candidates in the works.

It seems like the experts are pretty optimistic that we'll have one that works fairly well for COVID-19, so I'll go along with their optimism.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:33 AM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
COVID-19's asymptomatic spread relative to other respiratory illnesses is no doubt a significant difference, but I think it is reasonable to assume that people are still getting haircuts even when they are actively experiencing symptoms of other contagious respiratory illnesses.

And yet you generally do not hear about outbreaks of other contagious respiratory diseases from haircut establishments like you do with the flu and schools. Or norovirus and cruise ships if you expand the category to contagious non-respiratory illnesses.
The flu shot , and you do not go to get a haircut with norovirus you tend to stay in close proximity to a bathroom, transmission is different, I don’t share food with my hair dresser.
[Reply]
Rausch 09:34 AM 05-06-2020
This 19 seems to be the opposite: it's spreading quickly and just not very deadly. Even if we just take the confirmed positives this wasn't as deadly as thought and there are estimates (for all that's worth) that positives could be 20x higher that what we've tested.

Perhaps it's just my perception but C19 seemed to be very strong at the beginning and as it spread it got weaker and weaker...
[Reply]
Rausch 09:37 AM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
With the latest developments in regards to mutations etc my guess is the best vaccines will be the ones focusing on the spike protein such as the Oxford vaccine.
I'll pass, thanks.

I'll sign the waiver and take my chances with the chloriquine/Z pack/Zinc treatments.
[Reply]
Page 1899 of 3903
« First < 899139917991849188918951896189718981899 190019011902190319091949199923992899 > Last »
Up