ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 19
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Hall of Classics>What would you do if your neighbor....
petegz28 03:32 PM 01-09-2009
Ok, as some of you have heard me complain before, the neighbors who live behind me\across the street installed a 10ft lamppost in their front yard. It is excessively bright. I by that I mean it outshines the streetlights easily. The ligh illuminates the entire backside of my house meaning it shines right through my dining room window and bedroom window. I cannot sit on my deck when it is on as it is like having a light shined righ tin your face.

So, what I have done so far....I tolerated it and paid $500 to put in a tree to help block it. That does a meh job. So I thought oh well until....CHRISTMAS TIME! What is so special about CHRISTMAS TIME and the Lamp? I will tell you....

The people put exterior x-mas lights on their home and guess what...they had to turn off their light so they could be seen. Day after x-mas the light was back on in all of its blinding beauty.

So I finally looked up the code and found an "Unlawul Illumination" code that states basically your light cannot shine across your property line to the point it is a nuisance. So I filed a complaint with the city.

The city in turn said this is an exception to municiple code and they forwarded it to the Police. The Police contacted me and said they are waiting for the blessing from the city prosector to allow a citation. This is where it gets good...

If they do get the blessing, I of course have to sign a complaint and possibly appear in court to have the light dimmed or removed.

I am half willing to accept reimbursement for the $500 for the tree I put in, though that does me no good in the winter. The wife says I should let it go. My best friemd says "**** em' they should of thought about that when they put in the light".

So would you follow it all the way to court? Or am I being a bigger dick than usual? :-)

Updated: Talked to him, asked him to either wait until 10:00 to turn it on or get a dimmer bulb.....light was off last night so he is being cool though I could tell by his town he wasn't happy about the purpose of my visit
[Reply]
petegz28 09:33 PM 01-10-2009
Originally Posted by Saul Good:
I didn't say you sent a letter. I said you wrote a letter. The fact that you didn't send it makes it that much funnier. I would bet everything I own that you had the conversation with this guy in your mind a hundred times before you went over there, and you never said 99% of the things you planned to say because you made a mountain out of a molehill.

Some guys are just destined to go through life as beta males, I guess.

Dude I hate to steal one of Zach's lines but...it is real easy to sit there and talk all your shit from behind your keyboard. But seriously, you can say whatever you want and tell us all about what an "alpha male" you think you are but all I want to know in all honesty is one thing and then you can go back to playing Arnie...

When are you going to start charging for all that dick you suck?

Now, please continue with telling us what a bad ass, alpha male you are. :-)
[Reply]
Saul Good 09:41 PM 01-10-2009
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Dude I hate to steal one of Zach's lines but...it is real easy to sit there and talk all your shit from behind your keyboard. But seriously, you can say whatever you want and tell us all about what an "alpha make" you think you are but all I want to know in all honesty is one thing and then you can go back to playing Arnie...

When are you going to start charging for all that dick you suck?

Now, please continue with telling us what a bad ass, alpha male you are. :-)
I'm such an alpha male that it doesn't take me 5 months of passive-aggressive behavior before I politely ask my neighbor to slightly modify their behavior if it's having a serious impact on my ability to enjoy my home.

It probably amazes you that some people can be that amazingly brave.

Some people have the guts to run into burning buildings in order to save strangers from harm. Some people have the stones to enlist in the military in order to protect their fellow countrymen from harm. Some people have the intestinal fortitude to knock on their neighbor's door and have a polite conversation without caterwauling about it for 5 months first.

Heroes come in all forms, I guess.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:45 PM 01-10-2009
I'm such an alpha male that it doesn't take me 5 months of passive-aggressive behavior before I politely ask my neighbor to slightly modify their behavior if it's having a serious impact on my ability to enjoy my home.

It probably amazes you that some people can be that amazingly brave.

Some people have the guts to run into burning buildings in order to save strangers from harm. Some people have the stones to enlist in the military in order to protect their fellow countrymen from harm. Some people have the intestinal fortitude to knock on their neighbor's door and have a polite conversation without caterwauling about it for 5 months first.

Heroes come in all forms, I guess.

And some people go out of their way , i.e. buy a $500 tree, to try and keep everyone happy before they go and complain. But that obviously is being an idiot or whatever you said. I should of just gone and complained from the start and focus soley on my own comfort and wants, heh? Nice to see you are selfish on top of being a bad ass. :-)

Thank you for telling us what a bad ass you are. I know I am impressed for one. :-)
[Reply]
Saul Good 09:47 PM 01-10-2009
And some people go out of their way , i.e. buy a $500 tree, to try and keep everyone happy before they go and complain.
You didn't buy that tree to keep everyone happy, and you know it. You bought that tree because you didn't have the tiny little bit of courage that it takes to knock on a neighbor's door and ask them to turn off the light at night.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:49 PM 01-10-2009
You didn't buy that tree to keep everyone happy, and you know it. You bought that tree because you didn't have the tiny little bit of courage that it takes to knock on a neighbor's door and ask them to turn off the light at night.
Whatever dude. Yeah, I just bought it to buy it. Why should I go ask him to turn his light off if there was a way for both of us to have what we want?

Again, thanks for showing what a selfish, bad ass, prick you are.

Some people try to think of others. You are obviously worried about no one but you.

If this is the extent of your contribution to the thread, I thank you very little and wish you a good evening. I am sure you have some iron to pump or some other alpha male thing to do.
[Reply]
RJ 09:51 PM 01-10-2009
And some people go out of their way , i.e. buy a $500 tree, to try and keep everyone happy before they go and complain. But that obviously is being an idiot or whatever you said. I should of just gone and complained from the start and focus soley on my own comfort and wants, heh? Nice to see you are selfish on top of being a bad ass. :-)

Thank you for telling us what a bad ass you are. I know I am impressed for one. :-)

Why didn't you just talk to the neighbors before you dropped $500 on a tree? I don't get that.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:54 PM 01-10-2009
Originally Posted by RJ:
Why didn't you just talk to the neighbors before you dropped $500 on a tree? I don't get that.
Well as I said, if it cost me $500 to have the light blocked and he gets to keep his light then, ok fine. That is just how I am. I am not out for ruining everyone else's pleasure so I can have my own. He spent a lot of money on that thing I am sure and if there was a way around him having to turn it off I was willing to take that extra step. I did, it isn't working out so I finally had to ask him to turn it down or off. Now I have what i want and he doesn' thave what he wants. Did he bring it on himself? Yes. Does that make me feel better about it? Not really.
[Reply]
Saul Good 09:57 PM 01-10-2009
Some people try to think of others. You are obviously worried about no one but you.
Keep telling yourself that. Way to rationalize your shortcomings. If you were really interested in being cognizant of your neighbor's well-being, you wouldn't have gone to the city to have him cited.

You would have rather had him fined than have to deal with the situation directly. If you really bought that tree so that everyone could be happy, then what about your neighbors? If the light is really as overwhelming as you made it out to be, why didn't you drop $500 on trees for each of them, too?

You were too much of a chickenshit to do something that takes about as much courage as it takes to ask a stranger if they know what time it is, and that tree is going to serve as a monument to your cowardice.
[Reply]
Braincase 09:59 PM 01-10-2009
The critical question all you m***** f*****s are failing to ask is pretty f*****g apparent to this m***** f*****.

Does your m***** f*****g neighbor look at all like this m***** f*****?
Attached: sammy.jpg (34.0 KB) 
[Reply]
petegz28 10:01 PM 01-10-2009
Keep telling yourself that. Way to rationalize your shortcomings. If you were really interested in being cognizant of your neighbor's well-being, you wouldn't have gone to the city to have him cited.

You would have rather had him fined than have to deal with the situation directly. If you really bought that tree so that everyone could be happy, then what about your neighbors? If the light is really as overwhelming as you made it out to be, why didn't you drop $500 on trees for each of them, too?

You were too much of a chickenshit to do something that takes about as much courage as it takes to ask a stranger if they know what time it is, and that tree is going to serve as a monument to your cowardice.
Actually now, every time I look at that tree, I will remember what a selfish-prick Saul Good is and how I made an effort instead of just complaining cause I wasn't happy. Again, talk all the shit you want, tell us what a bad ass you are. You obviously have to take others down to build yourself off so have it, jack off.

But by all means, keep telling us how much of a man you are and what you think you know about everyone else, Arnold.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:03 PM 01-10-2009
Originally Posted by Braincase:
The critical question all you m***** f*****s are failing to ask is pretty f*****g apparent to this m***** f*****.

Does your m***** f*****g neighbor look at all like this m***** f*****?
My neighbor would whip Master Wundu's m*****fucking ass all over the m***** fucking placeass all over the place.

:-)

That was a good one brain.....
[Reply]
RJ 10:05 PM 01-10-2009
Well as I said, if it cost me $500 to have the light blocked and he gets to keep his light then, ok fine. That is just how I am. I am not out for ruining everyone else's pleasure so I can have my own. He spent a lot of money on that thing I am sure and if there was a way around him having to turn it off I was willing to take that extra step. I did, it isn't working out so I finally had to ask him to turn it down or off. Now I have what i want and he doesn' thave what he wants. Did he bring it on himself? Yes. Does that make me feel better about it? Not really.

I have a dog that barks sometimes. When he does I bring him in right away. I used to let him out every night about 9:15 and invariably he would bark at something. One weekend my neighbor knocked on my door. He explained to me that he went to bed at 9:00 on weeknights as he left for work at 6AM and hearing the dog bark at 9:15 was bothering him.

The neighbor was very apologetic for having to bring it up. I told him that I much preferred being told of the problem rather than having a neighbor upset with me over a small issue.

That was two years ago. I still don't let the dog out after 8:30. And it's really not a big deal.
[Reply]
Saul Good 10:06 PM 01-10-2009
Originally Posted by RJ:
I have a dog that barks sometimes. When he does I bring him in right away. I used to let him out every night about 9:15 and invariably he would bark at something. One weekend my neighbor knocked on my door. He explained to me that he went to bed at 9:00 on weeknights as he left for work at 6AM and hearing the dog bark at 9:15 was bothering him.

The neighbor was very apologetic for having to bring it up. I told him that I much preferred being told of the problem rather than having a neighbor upset with me over a small issue.

That was two years ago. I still don't let the dog out after 8:30. And it's really not a big deal.
That neighbor of yours must be some sort of badass.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:09 PM 01-10-2009
Originally Posted by RJ:

And I told him I tried to do what I could to block the light before coming over and complaining. Which is probably why he has done what he has done. I asked him to keep it off until 10:00 or get a dimmer bulb, after I made an effort that would of maybe allowed me to not have to complain to him at all.

To each their own. I really would of rather my tree actually worked then he could keep his light the way he wants it.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:09 PM 01-10-2009
That neighbor of yours must be some sort of badass.
Not as much of a bad ass as you are, obviously. :-)
[Reply]
Page 13 of 19
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up