ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3045 of 3903
« First < 2045254529452995303530413042304330443045 30463047304830493055309531453545 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
philfree 08:08 AM 10-24-2020
It's been three weeks to the day that my symptoms started and this morning I feel pretty normal. Still a little gunk in my eustachian tubes maybe.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:07 AM 10-24-2020
Masking mandates likely well into 2022.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:10 AM 10-24-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Masking mandates likely well into 2022.
Pathetic
[Reply]
el borracho 03:48 PM 10-24-2020
Moran:

[Reply]
TLO 06:58 PM 10-24-2020
Originally Posted by el borracho:
Moran:

Thank you for positing. He has some other interesting videos as well.
[Reply]
O.city 08:21 AM 10-25-2020
Deaths going back up now. Not good.

We’re not really in the 3rd wave, it’s just the first wave hitting areas not previously hit. Midwest etc
[Reply]
TLO 11:41 AM 10-25-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:

We’re not really in the 3rd wave, it’s just the first wave hitting areas not previously hit. Midwest etc
Crossing my fingers that we've hit our peak locally. Cases are holding steady if not dropping a bit over the past 14 days. Hospitalizations have been fluctuating between 50-60, but there's a trend downwards overall. Of course that can all change in the blink of an eye.
[Reply]
TLO 06:48 PM 10-25-2020
I thought we'd have heard something on monoclonal antibodies and their EUA application by this point.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:24 PM 10-25-2020

43 states are seeing an increase in cases according to NBC. That calls into a question a lot of things we have been told as well as the sensitivity of the tests.

I know there are spots that have people refusing to wear masks but more people are wearing masks than there were months ago but the cases are surging.

The latest cluster info from Kansas shows that long term facilities, corrections and meat packing facilities are the real issue.

I'd be curious to know what the case count would be if the cycles on the tests were at the 32 or whatever everyone says they should be at instead of 40?
[Reply]
O.city 07:31 PM 10-25-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
43 states are seeing an increase in cases according to NBC. That calls into a question a lot of things we have been told as well as the sensitivity of the tests.

I know there are spots that have people refusing to wear masks but more people are wearing masks than there were months ago but the cases are surging.

The latest cluster info from Kansas shows that long term facilities, corrections and meat packing facilities are the real issue.

I'd be curious to know what the case count would be if the cycles on the tests were at the 32 or whatever everyone says they should be at instead of 40?
Hospitalizations and deaths are going back up.

As the cases went up, even if it’s people who it doesn’t really effect it just eventually spreads into areas of people who don’t do well.

A lot of the increases in testing now are antigen tests iirc which will help woth speed.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:35 PM 10-25-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Crossing my fingers that we've hit our peak locally. Cases are holding steady if not dropping a bit over the past 14 days. Hospitalizations have been fluctuating between 50-60, but there's a trend downwards overall. Of course that can all change in the blink of an eye.
6 weeks in to the mandatory mask mandate. It was never going to have an impact.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:36 PM 10-25-2020
Hospitalizations and deaths are going back up.

As the cases went up, even if it’s people who it doesn’t really effect it just eventually spreads into areas of people who don’t do well.

A lot of the increases in testing now are antigen tests iirc which will help woth speed.
Everyone I know who has been tested recently have had the PCR test for the most part.

Either way, deaths have ticked up slightly and hopefully we see similar to the last surge in cases where deaths did not go up nearly at the same rate. I don't anticipate that we will given we have more treatments now than we did in July which was more than we had in March, etc.
[Reply]
O.city 07:47 PM 10-25-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Everyone I know who has been tested recently have had the PCR test for the most part.

Either way, deaths have ticked up slightly and hopefully we see similar to the last surge in cases where deaths did not go up nearly at the same rate. I don't anticipate that we will given we have more treatments now than we did in July which was more than we had in March, etc.
It’ll come down to hospital strain. If they can stay ok hopefully the death rate won’t go up much

If cases end up getting above 100k daily I’d imagine they’ll get pretty stretched
[Reply]
petegz28 07:49 PM 10-25-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
6 weeks in to the mandatory mask mandate. It was never going to have an impact.
Meh, JoCo has been under a mask mandate for a few months and there has been really no change pre or post mandate for all intents and purposes.

With the exception of a day here or there we have been in the same general range since July. And we see the same demographics. The largest group of cases continues to be the 20-29 age range but they are a very miniscule amount of the hospitalizations and deaths. The same narrative has carried on. The older the age group the less cases but the harder the impact.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:50 PM 10-25-2020
It’ll come down to hospital strain. If they can stay ok hopefully the death rate won’t go up much

If cases end up getting above 100k daily I’d imagine they’ll get pretty stretched
Honestly I think it comes down to who is being hospitalized. If they are younger they generally are in and out fairly quickly. There is still plenty of beds available at the moment and we are not seeing a strain on resources at the time though we are busy.
[Reply]
Page 3045 of 3903
« First < 2045254529452995303530413042304330443045 30463047304830493055309531453545 > Last »
Up