ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 22
« First < 111718192021 22 >
Nzoner's Game Room>WR Byron Pringle is playing really well
Dante84 08:22 PM 05-30-2019

After a season ending injury in the final preseason game as a rookie, second-year WR Byron Pringle has been thriving and taking first-team reps at Chiefs OTA’s. One of my favorites from the 2018 NFL Draft is seemingly ready for a breakout.

video via @Chiefs and @ChiefsReporter pic.twitter.com/GNZse8ShB0

— Brad Kelly (@BradKelly17) May 31, 2019

Another good nugget - Toub on WR Byron Pringle on special teams: "He's really looking good right now. He like took it to another level. We're really excited, the way he looks right now."

— Pete Sweeney (@pgsween) May 30, 2019

Two wide receivers are standing out, and they are Byron Pringle and Cody Thompson. Pringle is speedy, looking to be back in full health since his hernia surgery last year. Pains me to say it (��), but I like Thompson more than Jamal Custis right now at OTAs.

— Pete Sweeney (@pgsween) May 30, 2019

Byron Pringle is the young Chiefs wide receiver taking advantage of the extra practice snaps afforded by the absences of Tyreek Hill and Sammy Watkins. “He’s played fast,’’ wide receivers coach Greg Lewis said. “He’s played physical and he’s plucking... https://t.co/j8agJgY7FZ

— Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) May 30, 2019

[Reply]
htismaqe 11:41 AM 09-23-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Some guys struggle with velocity more than others.

It seems like Robinson may be one of them. That 2-point conversion catch that Hardman made, I don't see any way Robinson brings it in.

I mean if you figure that there are 'kinds' of drops, how would you break 'em up? I'd say technique is one (letting the ball get into your body), focus is one and maybe just flat out velocity is one.

I think Watkins is guilty of focus drops. His technique is typically excellent and he doesn't seem to struggle with heaters. Hill's drops are usually technique where he'll let the ball get into him. With someone like Dropmetrius Harris, you got both - but he didn't seem any less likely to catch it at 100 mph than he did a lob shot.

Robinson, OTOH, seems to have good focus (explains his report on schoolyard plays with Mahomes) and his technique doesn't appear to be causing these. But when he gets a real heater, it seems to just go bouncing off sometimes. I wonder if he has smaller hands or if they're not as 'soft' in letting the fingertips cradle around them (which I guess would still be technique related...)

I dunno - but he's dropping some damn nice throws from Mahomes and it really goes back to about week 10 of last year. If he's got the yips, he needs to get over 'em or see more time on the pine.
Yep. Fair analysis.
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:45 AM 09-23-2020
6 drops already for DRobb? He needs to find his way to the bench next to Hitchens.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:16 PM 09-23-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
6 drops already for DRobb? He needs to find his way to the bench next to Hitchens.
4 drops.
[Reply]
Dante84 01:22 PM 09-23-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Some guys struggle with velocity more than others.

It seems like Robinson may be one of them. That 2-point conversion catch that Hardman made, I don't see any way Robinson brings it in.

I mean if you figure that there are 'kinds' of drops, how would you break 'em up? I'd say technique is one (letting the ball get into your body), focus is one and maybe just flat out velocity is one.

I think Watkins is guilty of focus drops. His technique is typically excellent and he doesn't seem to struggle with heaters. Hill's drops are usually technique where he'll let the ball get into him. With someone like Dropmetrius Harris, you got both - but he didn't seem any less likely to catch it at 100 mph than he did a lob shot.

Robinson, OTOH, seems to have good focus (explains his report on schoolyard plays with Mahomes) and his technique doesn't appear to be causing these. But when he gets a real heater, it seems to just go bouncing off sometimes. I wonder if he has smaller hands or if they're not as 'soft' in letting the fingertips cradle around them (which I guess would still be technique related...)

I dunno - but he's dropping some damn nice throws from Mahomes and it really goes back to about week 10 of last year. If he's got the yips, he needs to get over 'em or see more time on the pine.
Kinds of Drops

High Complexity Drop: Ball is away from the body, Player is diving, angle/arc of ball is different, etc...

Body-Catch Drop: Passes through the hands and bounces off the chest, Player uses chest like a backboard and waits for the rebound, etc..

Thinking Ahead Drop: Player takes eyes off the ball and begins to run before it's secured, Player is afraid of being hit or "hears footsteps,"

High-Velocity Drop: Ball is coming in hot and player's hands aren't strong enough to secure

Double-Clutch Drop: Player unnecessarily catches the ball twice and slips out of his hands

D-Rob often double-clutches, struggles with velocity at times, and will struggle with high-complexity passes at times. Every now and again he'll body-catch. It's a shame, because he is great at finding soft spots for Patrick to throw to.

Tyreek's rare drops are often high-complexity, body and sometimes thinking ahead.

Kelce's rare drops are thinking ahead.

Sammy's drops are thinking ahead or double clutch.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:29 PM 09-23-2020
Originally Posted by Dante84:
I actually thought that was Hardman when I was watching live.

That's a veteran move by Pringle. It would have been all too easy for him to get grabby and end up setting us back another 10 yards, but he did just enough to give Pat a chance to make a play.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:32 PM 09-23-2020
Robinson is, once again, the most disappointing skill position player on the Chiefs roster.

If blocking and size are important to Reid in this offense, I'd just as soon see them give more snaps to Marcus Kemp because maybe he'll be able to make catches that Robinson consistently drops.
[Reply]
TLO 03:31 PM 10-25-2020
Once you pop...
[Reply]
Simply Red 03:34 PM 10-25-2020
those fundamental's tho!
[Reply]
BossChief 04:09 PM 10-25-2020
Send Keizer home
[Reply]
suzzer99 05:00 PM 10-25-2020
Pringle is gonna be salty if he doesn't get special teams player of the week.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:01 PM 09-19-2021
Nice to see him step up tonight. Both him and Robinson played well.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 12:02 AM 09-20-2021
Byron all he does is make good plays.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:45 PM 11-21-2021
Why doesnt he get more targets? I feel like he always steps up when given the chance.
[Reply]
Iconic 06:48 PM 11-21-2021
He has a little Sammy Watkins to him. Literally every time he gets the ball good things happen. Might be the first time I will ever agree with Deberg.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:50 PM 11-21-2021
Had a clutch grab, and two solid returns... he had a nice day, keep working on it
[Reply]
Page 21 of 22
« First < 111718192021 22 >
Up