ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 53 of 92
« First < 3434950515253 5455565763 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's Talk About the Bills (AFC Championship Edition)
cmh6476 05:11 PM 01-17-2021
They're pretty good
[Reply]
Frazod 06:45 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I get why Bills fans are acting the way that are.

They invest a lot of emotion and energy into this team and have yet to get a real ROI. Four straight Super Bowl losses the last time they were this relevant.

Now they’re back on the scene, and the thought of squandering another opportunity scares the shit out of them.

Feel that pressure, embrace it. It’s out of your control. If they blow another big game, nothing new.
I figure the turds that are infesting the board now weren't even tears of regret in their mothers' eyes the last time the Bills were anything but two of New England's extra bye weeks.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:47 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Though I would hurt a little inside to root for it, there would be some delicious schadenfreude in seeing the Bills lose a fifth Super Bowl to Tom Brady...
I figure Tampa's chances of getting past Green Bay are about as bad as Buffalo's chances of getting past us.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:48 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by New World Order:
It’s hard to be scared of a defense that has no pass rush
it's not that the don't have a pass-rush (they do get to the passer), it's that they can't consistently generate pressure without sending extra defenders, like LBs/S/CBs. In that respect, they're similar to another team we're familiar with, BAL.

So we can expect simulated pressures/blitzes, CB/S blitzes, delayed blitzes, etc. Which they tried in week 6. Probably see some more exotic looks this time around. But the DC for BAL is acknowledged one of the best at such schemes, and he's never had much luck slowing Patrick down.

The only real chance BUF has is if our defense just shits the bed, imo. If they come out and just have the worst day of the season, BUF could keep it close and maybe steal a W at the end.

But I just don't see that happening. Our D will come out and play well. Hopefully one of their best games, but at least better than average for them. And BUF will struggle to score more than 25 points.

Our offense, otoh, will at least score 30 against a defense that really only shines in one area: secondary. it will be interesting to see how their LBs play vs. Kelce (my guess is they will be meat before a lion), and how they deal with our rushing attack. If they aren't better vs. our run game than last time, it may go very badly for BUF.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:51 PM 01-20-2021
I get why Bills fans are acting the way that are.

They invest a lot of emotion and energy into this team and have yet to get a real ROI. Four straight Super Bowl losses the last time they were this relevant.

Now they’re back on the scene, and the thought of squandering another opportunity scares the shit out of them.

Feel that pressure, embrace it. It’s out of your control. If they blow another big game, nothing new.
:-) I remember being so fucking wound up for that Titans AFCCG. Even worse than the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:55 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) I remember being so ****ing wound up for that Titans AFCCG. Even worse than the Super Bowl.
Yeah both were bad but for Buffalo I think it goes even further.

1) They have no Super Bowls, period. Even if it was 50 years ago, KC did have one in the bank.

2) The Bills are known for perhaps the most gut wrenching stretch of all with those four straight SB losses, including wide right Norwood. It is what you think about when it comes to the Bills (along with insanely stupid fan traditions — breaking tables and fingering assholes).

Sure is gonna suck for those poor bastards if this one doesn’t work out. It just may never happen for them...
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:58 PM 01-20-2021
They're also running out of time with the offensive weapons they do have and the defense isn't good enough to allocate all their resources towards fixing it. Diggs is the only real playmaker they have that's not on the verge of falling off. Beasley and Brown are both on the wrong side of 30 and starting to get some serious dings and they don't even have a true feature RB or TE. Singletary and Knox are adequate but they're not making a major difference.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:03 PM 01-20-2021
FromBubbaRaytoDevon:"GET THE TABLES!!
[Reply]
kcpasco 07:03 PM 01-20-2021
Bills fans should be scared if Mahomes can go with Watkins and CEH also playing.
[Reply]
ReynardMuldrake 07:04 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) I remember being so fucking wound up for that Titans AFCCG. Even worse than the Super Bowl.
Well, we had won a Lombardi before. We had never won the Lamar Hunt trophy. In a weird way, that felt like a bigger hump.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:13 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I figure Tampa's chances of getting past Green Bay are about as bad as Buffalo's chances of getting past us.
Possibly, but Tampa has much more reason for optimism IMO.

1. Brady and the experience: he’s not what he used to be, but you can’t deny that he’s been there before
2. Weapons: hard to imagine the Bills having a chance without a big game from Diggs. I can see the Buccaneers winning without a huge day from Evans.
3. Previous matchup: the Buccaneers beat the shit out of the Packers this year. The Bills got dominated by us.

I’ll still pick Green Bay to win, but I wouldn’t be too shocked if Tampa was in the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
TribalElder 07:13 PM 01-20-2021
Replay from week 6 is on NFLN right now

we looked out of sync to start the game
[Reply]
Frazod 07:17 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Possibly, but Tampa has much more reason for optimism IMO.

1. Brady and the experience: he’s not what he used to be, but you can’t deny that he’s been there before
2. Weapons: hard to imagine the Bills having a chance without a big game from Diggs. I can see the Buccaneers winning without a huge day from Evans.
3. Previous matchup: the Buccaneers beat the shit out of the Packers this year. The Bills got dominated by us.

I’ll still pick Green Bay to win, but I wouldn’t be too shocked if Tampa was in the Super Bowl.
Brady and Gronk may be used to playing in the cold, but the rest of them, not so much.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 07:26 PM 01-20-2021
Welcome back, Mahomes, Watkins, CEH.

Chiefs are going in dry. 38-20.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:43 PM 01-20-2021
I get why Bills fans are acting the way that they are.

Originally Posted by Frazod:
I figure the turds that are infesting the board now weren't even tears of regret in their mothers' eyes the last time the Bills were anything but two of New England's extra bye weeks.
That's my assumption as well.

The Browns fans who showed up were humble and realistic... you could tell they've been through some shit and also knew we could empathize.

OTOH, I'd say the group of Bills fans you see in the tailgate videos and the ones who have shown up here do nothing more than use football as an excuse for an outdoor frat party every weekend.... and just like hungover frat guy who's stumbling home after Ladie's Night to cram for 30 minutes before an 8am midterm, they've woken up to a decent season of football and they're desperately trying to figure out what they're watching.

So, they turn on some Skip Bayless and come here to tell us their team wants it more, which is probably also the answer on that midterm asking how the Allies won WWII.
[Reply]
joethomas 07:49 PM 01-20-2021
I don't think people should be writing Tampa off, I'd give Green Bay the edge as most everyone does but I think the Bucs are going to be a tough out. They seem to be peaking at the right time
[Reply]
Page 53 of 92
« First < 3434950515253 5455565763 > Last »
Up