ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2289 of 3903
« First < 1289178921892239227922852286228722882289 229022912292229322992339238927893289 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Rausch 08:12 AM 06-02-2020
I'll be getting the sinus-rape test the last week of this month. Pretty much mandatory.

I'd prefer to be tested for immunity instead of active virus myself...
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:11 AM 06-02-2020
Originally Posted by Lurker:
Geno Smith weighs in on this at 28m44s.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUD_wvkNhnk&t=28m44s

These responses are parodies of themselves. I actually thought "At last! People are starting to wake up to Hamas' incredible bias and are mocking him!"

As I read on, I realized it was a serious response. This shit is laughable.

What you idiots don't get is IT'S NOT SCIENCE! It's propaganda. It's politics. This is why DJ's posts were far more relevant than Hamas' posts are. Lawyers are much more aware of politics than pharmacists are of epidemiology. I wish people would just pause and ask themselves some honest questions instead of perpetuating their smug ignorance.

But hey, Hamas is really smart and he's the expert here! Science!!!!
Science works on a pretty clear dictum in this case: you must reject the null hypothesis.

The null hypothesis for all therapeutics is that hydoxychloroquine has no efficacy for the treatment of COVID-19.

What evidence can you find that rejects the null hypothesis?

I, again, can point to large, observational trials using over 10,000 patients in each case that have been conducted all over the world. They have been published here, here, and here. Every one of them failed to reject the null hyptothesis.

I have spoken at length about the limitations of observational trials, in fact, I seem to remember someone complaining about me bringing it up.
Who was that? Oh yeah:

I wish you you and Hamas would knock it off with the stupid shit about RCT. You don't need an RCT for every single fucking thing, especially when none are available. People take thousands of calculated risks with incomplete information every single day. Just because there's no RCT doesn't mean the information is invalid.

Regarding the rest of your post, it's hard to take it very seriously when you conflate therapeutics, which concerns the efficacy of pharmacological interventions, with epidemiology, which is about the spread and control of disease.

I'll say again: what is biased about going off the evidence as presented in these trials?
[Reply]
Fish 10:13 AM 06-02-2020

These responses are parodies of themselves. I actually thought "At last! People are starting to wake up to Hamas' incredible bias and are mocking him!"

What you idiots don't get is IT'S NOT SCIENCE! It's propaganda. It's politics. This is why DJ's posts were far more relevant than Hamas' posts are. Lawyers are much more aware of politics than pharmacists are of epidemiology. I wish people would just pause and ask themselves some honest questions instead of perpetuating their smug ignorance.

Ignorance is a choice. Best go back to lurking...
[Reply]
stumppy 10:33 AM 06-02-2020

:-)
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:46 AM 06-02-2020

I think it's best you go back to lurking..
[Reply]
Lurker 10:55 AM 06-02-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Science works on a pretty clear dictum in this case: you must reject the null hypothesis.

The null hypothesis for all therapeutics is that hydoxychloroquine has no efficacy for the treatment of COVID-19.

What evidence can you find that rejects the null hypothesis?

I, again, can point to large, observational trials using over 10,000 patients in each case that have been conducted all over the world. They have been published here, here, and here. Every one of them failed to reject the null hyptothesis.

I have spoken at length about the limitations of observational trials, in fact, I seem to remember someone complaining about me bringing it up.
Who was that? Oh yeah:

[/I]

Regarding the rest of your post, it's hard to take it very seriously when you conflate therapeutics, which concerns the efficacy of pharmacological interventions, with epidemiology, which is about the spread and control of disease.

I'll say again: what is biased about going off the evidence as presented in these trials?
Your thought processes are so one-dimensional and your arrogance is so staggering, I'm not willing to discuss it with you.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:58 AM 06-02-2020
My favorite thing about today's world calling someone arrogant because they are smarter than you but you don't like what they're saying and want to disagree just cause.
[Reply]
Pablo 11:06 AM 06-02-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
My favorite thing about today's world calling someone arrogant because they are smarter than you but you don't like what they're saying and want to disagree just cause.
Everyone's opinion is equally valid!!! REEEEEEEEE
[Reply]
Redbled 11:10 AM 06-02-2020
Stupid people having a forum on the internet or social media overload does nothing but make their voices louder and even more stupid but they will never understand it.
[Reply]
Ebolapox 11:16 AM 06-02-2020
Originally Posted by Redbled:
Stupid people having a forum on the internet or social media overload does nothing but make their voices louder and even more stupid but they will never understand it.
Cognitive dissonance is a bitch and the main problem with the world we live in
[Reply]
Monticore 11:16 AM 06-02-2020
Your thought processes are so one-dimensional and your arrogance is so staggering, I'm not willing to discuss it with you.
Which dimension is your thought process from?
[Reply]
stumppy 11:19 AM 06-02-2020
:-)

The CP version of "OH YEA!"
[Reply]
Mecca 11:20 AM 06-02-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Everyone's opinion is equally valid!!! REEEEEEEEE
I have this thing I like to say, not all opinions were created equal. Just because you can post on twitter or facebook, or find 10 other people who agree with you doesn't change shit.

If a dude who is an expert in his field says something and you disagree, your opinion means less than his. This is something that we have a really hard time with in today's world, everyone thinks their opinions mean just as much, bullshit they don't.

I get very frustrated how we live in this time where no one will admit there are things they know nothing about.
[Reply]
Fish 11:21 AM 06-02-2020
When applying the scientific method, not all opinions are equal. A Youtube video from someone who's not even a doctor isn't very meaningful at all compared to a peer-reviewed meta study. It's just not. There are legit methods for disproving a peer-reviewed study. That is not it.
[Reply]
Monticore 11:27 AM 06-02-2020
I have this thing I like to say, not all opinions were created equal. Just because you can post on twitter or facebook, or find 10 other people who agree with you doesn't change shit.

If a dude who is an expert in his field says something and you disagree, your opinion means less than his. This is something that we have a really hard time with in today's world, everyone thinks their opinions mean just as much, bullshit they don't.

I get very frustrated how we live in this time where no one will admit there are things they know nothing about.
Because for some reason saying "I don't know" "I was wrong" have become a sign of weakness, when I see it as the opposite, being stupid and stubborn is a very bad combo for improving at anything you are trying to do. I encourage my kids not be afraid of making mistakes as long as you can learn from them.
[Reply]
Page 2289 of 3903
« First < 1289178921892239227922852286228722882289 229022912292229322992339238927893289 > Last »
Up