ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 201 of 211
« First < 101151191197198199200201 202203204205 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Official 2019 STL Cardinals Thread****
BigRedChief 03:23 AM 01-10-2019
Cardinals announce 25-man Opening Day roster for the 2019 season.
Spoiler!

2019 Opening Day Line up
Spoiler!

Won the Central Division. Won the NLDS.

NLDS Playoff roster
Spoiler!

NLDS Playoff Game 1 starting lineup
Spoiler!

NLCS Game One Starting lineup
Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:02 AM 11-08-2019
DJ, Hamas or anyone in the know............. Does Albert get credit for developing the Astros hitters or was it just natural talent or a little of both? Can he really improve our way less talented hitting?

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/colu...950d59c25.html
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:08 AM 11-08-2019
{shrug}

I suspect it's largely organizational. The franchise, top to bottom, has embraced some of the sorts of tools that many Cardinals players have resisted. The swing vests and knob trackers and things like that are ingrained throughout the Astros organization.

You get on board or you get gone. That or you're just a guy like Alvarez who's a natural hitter and doesn't need it.

But this shit like Harrison Bader flailing at breaking pitches but resisting changes in coaching? Kid would've just been buried in Houston until he got with the program.

It's gonna take awhile for Albert to have an influence here, IMO. Because it's going to take an organizational shift from top to bottom.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:18 PM 11-08-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
{shrug}

I suspect it's largely organizational. The franchise, top to bottom, has embraced some of the sorts of tools that many Cardinals players have resisted. The swing vests and knob trackers and things like that are ingrained throughout the Astros organization.

You get on board or you get gone. That or you're just a guy like Alvarez who's a natural hitter and doesn't need it.

But this shit like Harrison Bader flailing at breaking pitches but resisting changes in coaching? Kid would've just been buried in Houston until he got with the program.

It's gonna take awhile for Albert to have an influence here, IMO. Because it's going to take an organizational shift from top to bottom.
Bader ain’t going to do shit to improve his approach at the plate. Complete denial about his inability to hit a breaking ball. Or recognize it’s going to end up in the dirt or in the other batters box. Look how defensive he is about a viva el birdos article for crissakes

Is Harrison Bader Broken? vivaelbirdos.com/

His public response:
It’s articles like this that continue to fuel the fire .. There is nothing ‘broken’ about my game only work to be done .. More importantly NOTHING can break my work ethic .. 2020 baby ‼️�� .. *throws article in virtual trashcan*
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:06 AM 11-13-2019
Shildt with some much deserved hardware - takes home NL MOY.

But yeah - we should totally fire the guy.

PGM man - dude's just never right about anything. Tommy Pham and Mike Shildt are the guys we should be getting rid of. Sure thing, champ.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:08 AM 11-13-2019
Knew exactly what was posted before I even opened the thread. Asshurt much?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:23 AM 11-13-2019
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Knew exactly what was posted before I even opened the thread. Asshurt much?
The Cardinals manager won the MOY and it was posted to a Cardinals thread.

I mean yeah - I would HOPE you would know what was posted before you opened the thread. As the most vocal and completely nonsensical of his detractors, I would expect even YOU would have the common sense to realize that you're gonna get called out when MLB honors the guy you wanted to fire. For...reasons.

But yeah - the team got fisted by a squad that was so hot it beat a team many felt just put together the best overall regular season in modern baseball history. And that's Mike Shildt's fault.

You've not been able to actually articulate an argument against this guy ever, so why start now?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:24 AM 11-13-2019
I just fisted you on Clowney to no rebuttal, so you posted this :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:26 AM 11-13-2019
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
I just fisted you on Clowney to no rebuttal, so you posted this :-)
You are wrong on multiple topics, including Clowney. Not my fault you don't understand the games you purport to follow.
[Reply]
Marco Polo 11:06 AM 11-13-2019
Happy for Shildt, still think the rest of the front office are in over their heads with the stupid contracts they've passed up.

On another note, is anyone else thinking of going to London for the Cards/Cubs next year? Tickets go on sale next week and I plan on going.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:09 AM 11-13-2019
Eh I have hard enough motivation to drive to a damn game much less fly overseas for one :-)
[Reply]
Miles 02:22 PM 11-13-2019
In search of a veteran relief pitcher to pay market top dollar. Requirements include being in your 30s (preferably mid 30s), and production used to be effective or highly effective but likely no longer. Pluses include recent injury history and most recent year was the worst in a long while.
[Reply]
bdj23 03:30 PM 11-13-2019
Originally Posted by Marco Polo:
Happy for Shildt, still think the rest of the front office are in over their heads with the stupid contracts they've passed up.

On another note, is anyone else thinking of going to London for the Cards/Cubs next year? Tickets go on sale next week and I plan on going.
I thought long and hard about going to the London series, but in the end, I just dont want to go to London.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:30 PM 11-13-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Shildt with some much deserved hardware - takes home NL MOY.
He changed the culture of the team. Improved the defense and base running. Well deserved.

I hate his BS everything is rosy crap every time he speaks to the press. But, every NFZl coach fiesvthe same thing. And since the leaked video, we know he’s different when it’s just him and the team.

Maybe it will give him some leverage to push Mo and Dewitt to do something every once in a while like Larussa would do on occasion. :-)

who am I kidding..... :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:48 AM 11-14-2019
Bunch of fucking cheaters

[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:22 PM 11-20-2019
Any of these have an upside?

#stlcards have selected Elehuris Montero, Jake Woodford, and RHP Alvaro Seijas.

Dominic Leone DFA to make room.

— Jeff Jones (@jmjones) November 20, 2019

[Reply]
Page 201 of 211
« First < 101151191197198199200201 202203204205 > Last »
Up