ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 21
« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL requiring Covid Vaccination to a certain degree
Chief Roundup 02:05 PM 04-13-2021

The NFL informed clubs today any team employee who refuses a COVID-19 vaccination without “bona fide medical or religious ground” will be barred from Tier 1 or Tier 2 status, and thus have restricted access within the team facility and not work directly with players, per sources.

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) April 13, 2021

Here’s the full NFL memo, which also says teams must report weekly the number of employees who are vaccinated, as conversations with the NFLPA continue on the thresholds at which protocols on testing, PPE, travel, etc., can be relaxed. pic.twitter.com/FXuIhFP6Vh

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) April 13, 2021

[Reply]
Bearcat 08:52 AM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
"Be a sheep," "sleepery slope." In other words I got nothing.
Sheeperly slope might be the most CP phrase ever.

Sounds like a great DC mult.
[Reply]
Fish 08:56 AM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Is it because it is not FDA approved? If it is I would urge people to look at what they have approved and then double check that opinion again. Or even things that are not regulated by the FDA that you put in your body. Do you drink bottled water?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
Interesting note about the FDA approval so many anti-vaxxers are complaining about...

The only thing still preventing these vaccine manufacturers from getting full FDA approval is the amount of time required after the vaccine has been officially administered to the public. FDA requires 6 months of vaccine application data before full approval. Moderna and Pfizer have already said they now have over 6 months of data, so their approval is imminent.

What that means though, is that once they have full FDA approval, private companies, and public entities like universities and schools, can then legally require vaccination. The anti-vaxxers' heads are going to explode once that defense gets reversed.
[Reply]
Donger 08:59 AM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Thanks.
Sure. They really should be telling people this information. I don't understand why they are not. For people getting the mRNA vaccines, my understanding is that you get protection pretty soon after the prime shot and that it's around 80% efficacy, which is amazing really, but you don't get the 90 to 95% unless you take the boost shot, AND until 14 days after the boost shot.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:03 AM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Interesting note about the FDA approval so many anti-vaxxers are complaining about...

The only thing still preventing these vaccine manufacturers from getting full FDA approval is the amount of time required after the vaccine has been officially administered to the public. FDA requires 6 months of vaccine application data before full approval. Moderna and Pfizer have already said they now have over 6 months of data, so their approval is imminent.

What that means though, is that once they have full FDA approval, private companies, and public entities like universities and schools, can then legally require vaccination. The anti-vaxxers' heads are going to explode once that defense gets reversed.
I brought this up in another thread as someone who has a healthy amount of disdain and distrust of the US federal government:

I can't understand the "FDA approval" thing being a logical reason for objection when inherently one doesn't trust the government. The CDC has been spreading misinformation about COVID for over a year but the reason I won't take the vaccine is because the FDA hasn't said it's safe? It just doesn't make sense to me, again as someone who is a skeptic. I either trust the government (both the FDA AND the CDC) or I don't.
[Reply]
Donger 09:06 AM 04-15-2021
I brought this up in another thread as someone who has a healthy amount of disdain and distrust of the US federal government:

I can't understand the "FDA approval" thing being a logical reason for objection when inherently one doesn't trust the government. The CDC has been spreading misinformation about COVID for over a year but the reason I won't take the vaccine is because the FDA hasn't said it's safe? It just doesn't make sense to me, again as someone who is a skeptic. I either trust the government (both the FDA AND the CDC) or I don't.
You can't please some people. They will shift to some other objection.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:11 AM 04-15-2021

Exactly. It's a side effect of letting the media dictate your opinion, there's far less thinking involved.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:15 AM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Won't effect my family.

I feel sorry for those who it will though.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:02 AM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by redhed:
Who determines what’s bona fide?

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:51 AM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I think he's saying ego is more important than getting back to normal. :-)

Kind of like a kid I know who repeatedly does whatever the hell they want and is constantly making life worse and worse.... and the choices are to "be a sheep" as immature adults would say and get back to some sort of normalcy as quickly as possible, or I guess "have no fear" and deal with the the shitty reality even longer.

Doing things you don't agree with so you can have the things you want or want to avoid in the long run kind of sucks sometimes, but that's the free choice you're given in society... hell, if I let my ego get in the way enough, I'd drive a lot faster and never do taxes again, consequences be damned.
I think you've hit the nail on the head. The "I don't want to" and "I don't have to" and "You can't make me" folks are largely those who have always got their way and remain in that state of arrested development. They're children who don't believe they should have to do something unpleasant so that they can, one day, do something more pleasant.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 11:04 AM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
What state? Part of department of education guidelines is following mandates by department of health.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
California, vaccination central.
[Reply]
Fish 11:17 AM 04-15-2021

I definitely see many of the same people claiming the CDC is not trustworthy, arguing against the vaccine because of lack of FDA approval. It's weird.

I would only note that while the CDC message has been a real shitshow throughout this, it's just as much due to lack of information as it is misinformation. They were really unprepared for anything like this. What we know today is so vastly different than what we knew 1 year ago. This novel virus clearly works very differently than other existing ones. They had to make some really difficult decisions regarding a virus that didn't exist only a few months prior.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:28 AM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I think you've hit the nail on the head. The "I don't want to" and "I don't have to" and "You can't make me" folks are largely those who have always got their way and remain in that state of arrested development. They're children who don't believe they should have to do something unpleasant so that they can, one day, do something more pleasant.
Yeah, and you'll drive yourself crazy trying to wrap logic around it.

The only thing we know for sure is if we do nothing and no one got vaccinated, everything would remain as-is or worse.

And while nothing else is guaranteed, I'll take my chances to do the one thing that might get us out of the mandates and mostly empty stadiums, etc; no matter how low risk or "unafraid" I am.
[Reply]
Donger 11:34 AM 04-15-2021
Pfizer CEO says third Covid vaccine dose likely needed within 12 months

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/15/pfiz...12-months.html
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:34 AM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
California, vaccination central.
California is the most liberal state in the country. They will let anyone out of anything.
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:34 AM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Yeah...only "spoiled children" are hesitant to take a rushed vaccine that has no long range testing.

There could be people developing immune deficiencies, food allergies and many other genetic artifacts...you're rolling the dice.

If you do develop side effects....you're on your own. There is no avenue for financial or legal restitution...even it it kills/maims you or a family member.

So essentially, you will be forced to take an unvetted solution to earn a living. If not by direct force than by institutional coercion. If it kills you...tough shit. If it physically prevents you from being able to earn a living...say a year down the road.....tough shit.

Pharma already got their billions...and a get out of jail free card.

****ing spoiled brats...
[Reply]
Page 14 of 21
« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
Up