ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 303 of 319
« First < 203253293299300301302303 304305306307313 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
O.city 10:50 AM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
In case you haven't noticed, this team still doesn't have a left tackle and people are ****ing SCARED because of it.

This board is laughably emotional. It's like Twitter for old men.
The Chiefs tried to pay a 33 year old the most money ever for a LT.

I'd say they're a bit scared too?
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:51 AM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
You sound like the old "don't trade up for a QB, it's too risky" guys here man.

If they evaluate and think the LT is worth it, go for it. The value of having that spot locked down is worth more than those picks.
I'm not against trading up for a QB.

I am against trading up for anything less than a blue chip LT.

In this draft, two 1st's MIGHT get us into that mix. MIGHT.

I'm not trading two 1st's for a maybe.

We will find out in a month or so how Veach views it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:51 AM 03-24-2021

Scared?

:-)
[Reply]
O.city 10:52 AM 03-24-2021
I'm not against trading up for a QB.

I am against trading up for anything less than a blue chip LT.

In this draft, two 1st's MIGHT get us into that mix. MIGHT.

I'm not trading two 1st's for a maybe.

We will find out in a month or so how Veach views it.
For sure.

I'm not necessarily saying I'd do it, I haven't a clue how they eval any of these LT"s.

I'm just saying if they think getting to 12 gets them a guy that can be what they want at LT, do it.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:52 AM 03-24-2021

I don't see how aggressively pursuing the best option in free agency at one of your most glaring positions of need = being scared. For better or worse, that's been Veachs M.O. ever since he took over as GM.
[Reply]
O.city 10:53 AM 03-24-2021
Scared?

If my options were Russell Okung or a 2nd round rookie at LT to protect my half billion dollar QB's backside I might be a bit scared.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:53 AM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Guys I’m not pretending to know what’s going to happen based on March, but the Chiefs would be “lucky” to get back to the SB at this point and if they do I just don’t see any chance they beat the Bucs or the Rams!
Based on what? They were easily the best AFC team even with a makeshift line and no Watkins or CEH.

I'd be shocked if the line they put together isn't significantly better than the one they ended the year with.
[Reply]
O.city 10:54 AM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I don't see how aggressively pursuing the best option in free agency at one of your most glaring positions of need = being scared. For better or worse, that's been Veachs M.O. ever since he took over as GM.
Ok, scared is probably the wrong word.

Concerned that LT is a big issue?
[Reply]
staylor26 10:54 AM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Based on what? They were easily the best AFC team even with a makeshift line and no Watkins or CEH.

I'd be shocked if the line they put together isn't significantly better than the one they ended the year with.
That was sarcasm because it’s essentially what OKchiefs is saying.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:56 AM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
That was sarcasm because it’s essentially what OKchiefs is saying.
Ah....didn't have any context.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:59 AM 03-24-2021
You want to trade this year's 1st, next year's first, and next year's 3rd for a CHANCE at a starting LT?

I'm so glad you're not a GM.
We did this for Patrick Mahomes and Frank Clark and the team is fine.

This team has holes right bc of horrible injuries and a complete failure of a 2018 draft.

I don’t see the problem here. Last years rookie class brought us a TON of flexibility. I think with Spags the defensive personnel has upgraded significantly with value picks. Sneed, Fenton, Danna, Thornhill, Wharton. My God what a goddamn surplus. And that’s not even counting Gay, who (like Niang) I think can be a serviceable starter at worst.

If you see a guy you think is a LT of the future, get him. Yes you’re out a first and third rd picks, but you literally have a ton of money coming free.

We would be able to sign multiple blue chippers if we want next FA period and can effectively get money back from Clark at that point.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:04 AM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
We did this for Patrick Mahomes and Frank Clark and the team is fine.

This team has holes right bc of horrible injuries and a complete failure of a 2018 draft.

I don’t see the problem here. Last years rookie class brought us a TON of flexibility. I think with Spags the defensive personnel has upgraded significantly with value picks. Sneed, Fenton, Danna, Thornhill, Wharton. My God what a goddamn surplus. And that’s not even counting Gay, who (like Niang) I think can be a serviceable starter at worst.

If you see a guy you think is a LT of the future, get him. Yes you’re out a first and third rd picks, but you literally have a ton of money coming free.

We would be able to sign multiple blue chippers if we want next FA period and can effectively get money back from Clark at that point.
Trading up for a QB that you think is a franchise player is always worth it. Mahomes cannot be compared to a left tackle.

Frank Clark was an established as well as young player. If we were trading firsts for Orlando Brown, for example, that would be similarly palatable.

You're talking about trading a future first for an unknown that isn't a QB. That's an extremely risky proposition. It doesn't often work out for a myriad of reasons and it almost never works out when your doing it for need instead of trying to grab a game changing player.

And by the way, I find it ironic that you're saying we can just sign blue chippers next FA period. We have money RIGHT NOW and haven't hit on anybody but Joe Thuney, with you being one of the most vocal critics. So for some reason, this offseason is stacking up to be a failure but next offseason is going to be a magical buffet of blue chip free agents? Come on man, you're talking out of both sides of your mouth.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:08 AM 03-24-2021
Scared?

Well I’d say definitely concerned about who’s going to protect their franchise investment
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:12 AM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Well I’d say definitely concerned about who’s going to protect their franchise investment
Of course they know there's a deficiency that they need to correct.

But senior executives in big corporations don't get to where they are operating on emotions like fear.

And these are NFL people, the pinnacle of American sports. They most certainly don't operate on fear - in many cases, their egos don't even allow for fear.

"Scared" was a poor choice of words.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:15 AM 03-24-2021
when your doing it for need instead of trying to grab a game changing player.

Uh? Wut? The idea of trading up for one of the elite LT prospects is having a much better chance at a game changing player.
[Reply]
Page 303 of 319
« First < 203253293299300301302303 304305306307313 > Last »
Up