ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 47 of 3903
« First < 374344454647 4849505157971475471047 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BWillie 08:49 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
There's another comment in there somewhere that touches on that point. Seems like local hospital capacity in the case of a big breakout is a very real concern.
Rural areas with alot of elderly people disproportionately to the population especially.
[Reply]
cdcox 08:50 PM 03-04-2020
The other thing about King County is that they are recommending anyone over 60 to limit public exposure. 60! I'm 58. First time I've felt close to being "elderly". Very weird.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:53 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by cdcox:
The other thing about King County is that they are recommending anyone over 60 to limit public exposure. 60! I'm 58. First time I've felt close to being "elderly". Very weird.
Life comes at you fast.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:53 PM 03-04-2020
The other thing about King County is that they are recommending anyone over 60 to limit exposure to the public. 60! I'm 58. First time I've felt close to being "elderly". Very weird.
My dad's only 69, but he had a heart attack 10ish years ago. There's no way in hell he'll be able to keep himself inside (former teacher, still volunteers in schools and the local nature center, always working on projects, etc.).

I'm not WORRIED per se, but I definitely would prefer he play it a little safer than he will.
[Reply]
cdcox 09:03 PM 03-04-2020
My mom lives in a nursing home with late stage Alzheimer's. My dad spends about 6 hours there every day. :-)
[Reply]
BWillie 09:07 PM 03-04-2020
My dad's only 69, but he had a heart attack 10ish years ago. There's no way in hell he'll be able to keep himself inside (former teacher, still volunteers in schools and the local nature center, always working on projects, etc.).

I'm not WORRIED per se, but I definitely would prefer he play it a little safer than he will.
I'm a little worried one of our fearless future leaders will get it.

Trump is 74.
Biden 77.
Sanders is 78.

One may bite the dust, I fear.
[Reply]
banyon 09:14 PM 03-04-2020
There's another comment in there somewhere that touches on that point. Seems like local hospital capacity in the case of a big breakout is a very real concern.
Yes this is a big concern. The longer we can delay our surge in cases, the better so that the bed demand will hopefully not coincide with the seasonal influenza bed needs.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:43 PM 03-04-2020
My mom lives in a nursing home with late stage Alzheimer's. My dad spends about 6 hours there every day. :-)
yeah that’s a high risk environment. But, it still doesn’t mean they will get it so try to relax about the threat.

My mom died slowly from Alzheimer’s. If you want to talk. PM me.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 10:08 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I'm a little worried one of our fearless future leaders will get it.

Trump is 74.
Biden 77.
Sanders is 78.

One may bite the dust, I fear.
I wish it was more socially acceptable to talk about the health of presidential candidates. Actually, I wish there was a constitutional maximum age limit.

Maybe if one of the above keels over from C19 health will be a bigger issue next time around.
[Reply]
cdcox 10:12 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
yeah that’s a high risk environment. But, it still doesn’t mean they will get it so try to relax about the threat.

My mom died slowly from Alzheimer’s. If you want to talk. PM me.
My mom has had it about 12 years. Dad took care of her at home until he couldn't any more. Him having a stroke -- luckily not too severe -- was the final warning sign that taking care of her 24/7 was killing him. She's been in the nursing home almost six years now. She would not have made it this long without my dad's constant care. She could pass at any time. I worry more about my dad, because he is still in decent health for a man in his mid-80s.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 03-05-2020, 12:13 AM
This message has been deleted by LiveSteam. Reason: Testing
eDave 02:41 AM 03-05-2020
Ultra Music Festival Cancelled

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/loc...240878956.html

Miami hates the festival and this came due to pressure from the Mayor, not the promoters. The city has been trying to get rid of it for years. Disneyworld remains open.

I have tickets and a suite for Coachella in April...

Drag city, man.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 06:05 AM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Ultra Music Festival Cancelled

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/loc...240878956.html

Miami hates the festival and this came due to pressure from the Mayor, not the promoters. The city has been trying to get rid of it for years. Disneyworld remains open.

I have tickets and a suite for Coachella in April...

Drag city, man.
Fuck that ultra shit. All the locals in downtown left during that Abortion.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 07:13 AM 03-05-2020
You’ve been able to get a senior discount for the last three years and it’s just now hitting you? 😁
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:37 AM 03-05-2020

[Reply]
Spott 07:49 AM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I also mentioned this in the DC thread, but I'm officially more worried about the ensuing public panic than I am about the actual virus. People are nuts.
They do the same stupid shit before hurricanes in Florida. They are rarely nothing more than an annoyance here, with an exception for the people that live at the beach.
[Reply]
Page 47 of 3903
« First < 374344454647 4849505157971475471047 > Last »
Up