ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 157 of 3903
« First < 57107147153154155156157 1581591601611672072576571157 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Mecca 09:45 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
This is why consistent messaging from leadership matters. You can't have a chunk of people who believe it's no big deal.

Trying to say this w/o getting political - but every person in a government leadership position with a camera or microphone in front of them should have been telling people to take this seriously from the very beginning.

People complain that the media has overblown this. If anything they've done a bad job of getting the message out - if people like Gobert still thought the whole thing was a joke 2 days ago.

I know - Gobert is an idiot. But that's the whole point. Idiots exist. You can't give them wiggle room to believe things are a joke. How many idiots who aren't on major sports teams and aren't getting tested are doing the same stupid shit right now?
Lots of people think its a joke....unless you're old. I've seen that a ton.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:48 AM 03-12-2020
@41actionnews: BREAKING: KCMO Mayor Quinton Lucas has issued a state of emergency for the city as it works to prevent the spread of COVID-19 https://buff.ly/2w47ewS
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:49 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Explain how millions should have been tested. Have there been that many that wanted or needed to be tested but no testing was available?
Many times more have wanted to be tested than have been tested. Just read this thread. It's still incredibly hard to get tested. People with symptoms but not in critical condition are being told to go home and self-isolate. Many probably do but you have to think they'd be more serious about it, and not allowing at-risk people near them, if they knew for sure they had it.

If we had adopted the WHO's test from the beginning instead of trying (and bumbling) to create our own - we'd be able to test at S. Korea level - where everyone who wants a test gets one, instantly.

From what I read, in S. Korea if you test positive they put you in the hospital immediately and isolate you to stop the spread. I haven't confirmed that though. But it would explain how their growth curve has flattened out so much
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 09:52 AM 03-12-2020

BREAKING: the AAC, SEC and Big Ten Tournaments have been canceled, all per releases.

— CBS Sports HQ (@CBSSportsHQ) March 12, 2020

[Reply]
Mecca 09:52 AM 03-12-2020
All of the conference tournaments are cancelled now.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:52 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
So every sport is suspended except the NHL and that announcement is coming..MLB is at best going to have a delayed start...

This is going to be a boring few months.
NFL free agency can hopefully still proceed.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 09:53 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
NFL free agency can hopefully still proceed.
Nope Adam was just on espn made it sounds like it’s not starting on time
[Reply]
Bugeater 09:54 AM 03-12-2020
This is why consistent messaging from leadership matters. You can't have a chunk of people who believe it's no big deal.

Trying to say this w/o getting political - but every person in a government leadership position with a camera or microphone in front of them should have been telling people to take this seriously from the very beginning.

People complain that the media has overblown this. If anything they've done a bad job of getting the message out - if people like Gobert still thought the whole thing was a joke 2 days ago.

I know - Gobert is an idiot. But that's the whole point. Idiots exist. You can't give them wiggle room to believe things are a joke. How many idiots who aren't on major sports teams and aren't getting tested are doing the same stupid shit right now?
Problem is, you can't get through to idiots. Plenty of examples right here on this board.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:55 AM 03-12-2020
I told my sister to isolate as much as possible and her husband and kids should basically change clothes and either wash hands and face vigorously or take a shower before they come near her if they've been out around people. And she needs to become OCD cleaning woman.

I don't think she'll do it though. Her whole life revolves around those kids and being active in the community.

They also have 3 dogs and 3 cats which seem like perfect vectors for a virus to hitch a ride on. Anyone seen how long it lives on pet hair?
You typically catch the virus from droplets in the air or by touch from hard surfaces. The virus doesn't live very long on clothing, or on hair.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:55 AM 03-12-2020
I'm thinking the tournament is on the verge of being cancelled also.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 09:56 AM 03-12-2020

If NFL teams in fact shut down their training facilities, as many are now discussing, then it would be challenging at best to start the new league year next week, when buildings are closed and more pressing issues face their communities and this country. https://t.co/ReXxk5CZdH

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 12, 2020

[Reply]
dirk digler 09:57 AM 03-12-2020
I'm thinking the tournament is on the verge of being cancelled also.
As it should
[Reply]
Bugeater 09:59 AM 03-12-2020
All of the conference tournaments are cancelled now.
The Big East isn't. But they're restricting fans. My mother in law and her husband flew to NYC for it and now have to watch it on TV. :-)
[Reply]
backinblack 09:59 AM 03-12-2020
Next week’s NASCAR races in Homestead Florida have been postponed, and they are issuing a statement later today about the status of Atlanta’s(this weekend) and Texas’ races.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 09:59 AM 03-12-2020
Why are we just canceling sports.I get they don't want to have crowds but kids sit in school all day and workers work so cancel everything.
[Reply]
Page 157 of 3903
« First < 57107147153154155156157 1581591601611672072576571157 > Last »
Up