ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 63 of 341
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773113163 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Frazod 12:47 AM 03-04-2017
And here's another one - DMPS Panther Oracle for $480. My oldest AR began life as a Panther Oracle, although outside of the barrel, and upper and lower shells, few of the other original parts have survived. But even in its premodified form, it was a fine rifle.

http://www.surplusammo.com/dpms-pant...ne-new-in-box/

I'm thinking sales of ARs might have dried up a bit now that people aren't worried about them getting banned.
[Reply]
stlchiefs 09:02 PM 03-07-2017
Originally Posted by Munson:
For anybody looking for a cheap AR-15 made by a reputable company...

Ruger AR-556 for $479.99. This same gun was around $600 at election time. If I didn't already have a handful of AR's, I'd buy one.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperst....cfm/ID/148056
Yep, paid $620 for one the night before the election from this same site. I was trying to beat the price increase! Just like the stock market, I can't time it! That's quite the deal now.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:11 PM 03-07-2017
Originally Posted by stlchiefs:
Yep, paid $620 for one the night before the election from this same site. I was trying to beat the price increase! Just like the stock market, I can't time it! That's quite the deal now.
I paid around $600 for my DPMS back in 2010. Granted, that was from a Cabellas, which isn't exactly the place to go for deals, but still it's somewhat annoying to see them more than $100 cheaper seven years later.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:03 PM 03-12-2017
Shot some PPC matches this morning. Did pretty good with the CZ shooting off duty, not so great with the Sig at duty. Had a flyer at 25 yards which earned me the not-so-coveted golden stick award. :-)

But still, it was a lot of fun. Drawing and shooting from a holster is awesome, and there aren't a lot of options for doing that up here.
[Reply]
Bwana 04:32 PM 03-14-2017
Wow below $400.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...mi-Automatic+2

I think we're in a short-term dip. At some point when inventory gets cleared out, I think prices will go back up. I don't know whether we've reached the short-term bottom price though. There may still be some manufacturers/distributors trying to ride it out, who will gradually give up and cut prices further.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:42 PM 03-14-2017
Very sweet deal, even has a chrome lined barrel
[Reply]
raybec 4 04:48 PM 03-14-2017
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Wow below $400.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...mi-Automatic+2

I think we're in a short-term dip. At some point when inventory gets cleared out, I think prices will go back up. I don't know whether we've reached the short-term bottom price though. There may still be some manufacturers/distributors trying to ride it out, who will gradually give up and cut prices further.
That's a ridiculous deal! I wish I had the coin, I'd make that happen. I just bought a Binelli M2 semi so my gun budget is shot until at least June.
[Reply]
Bwana 04:54 PM 03-14-2017
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
That's a ridiculous deal! I wish I had the coin, I'd make that happen. I just bought a Binelli M2 semi so my gun budget is shot until at least June.
Yeah this will be the era where we look back and kick ourselves in the ass for not buying all we could. Like when you could get a 20 case of Mosin's, Mauser's, 1903's, Garand's, etc for what now seems like next to nothing.
[Reply]
raybec 4 04:56 PM 03-14-2017
Yeah this will be the era where we look back and kick ourselves in the ass for not buying all we could. Like when you could get a 20 case of Mosin's, Mauser's, 1903's, Garand's, etc for what now seems like next to nothing.
I know, I already have what my wife refers to as "more guns than one person can ever shoot" but that doesn't mean I won't be getting more. She has a pretty decent collection herself, I gotta keep pace.
[Reply]
Dunit35 06:58 PM 03-14-2017
I will say she did see the Arisaka Type 99 i bought a couple months ago. I went real smooth about it and she believed I've always had it.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:00 PM 03-14-2017
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
I will say she did see the Arisaka Type 99 i bought a couple months ago. I went real smooth about it and she believed I've always had it.
These are not the guns you're looking for.

[Reply]
Bwana 07:01 PM 03-14-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I've snuck a couple past the wife over the years. She doesn't pay attention to them, so it's not all that difficult. I eventually fessed up, though.

I did get busted over the last AR, but I told her technically I didn't buy a gun - a merely bought a set of components which, when assembled in a certain way, happened to form a gun. :-)

And I struck a deal with her over the last purchase (the new CZ) where I sold a couple that I no longer really had a use for. She was cool with that.

All bets are off if I can get my hands on a new Hudson H9, though. I'll pounce on that in a heartbeat.
Hey in the worst case, you will only have to beg for forgiveness. :-)
[Reply]
Bwana 07:02 PM 03-14-2017
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
Now where would she ever get an idea like that? :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 07:03 PM 03-14-2017
Hey in the worst case, you will only have to beg for forgiveness. :-)
Yep. And now I do have one empty pistol holder left in the safe. That has to be filled at some point.

It's a moral imperative. :-)
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 08:13 PM 03-14-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
:-)

Or ammo!
[Reply]
Page 63 of 341
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773113163 > Last »
Up