ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 39
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dental experiences with O.City
O.city 09:02 PM 12-04-2019
Had a pretty interesting day today at the office. Morning was pretty normal, drill and fill, check hygiene, extract a tooth etc. Nothing too out of the ordinary.

Pretty normal lunch. Trolled around on CP, ate an apple and a handful of wheat thins.

Then the afternoon hit.

I see inmates from the county jail here in town if they have a tooth ache or something, sheriff or deputy will call up and bring them up in shackles and the whole bit. It's not big deal, most of them are just happy to get out of pain and it's not a problem. So dude comes in, my assistant goes in to ask the normal "which tooth is bothering you, let me get an xray, blah blah". I was in the lab doing something so I wasn't really paying attention. She comes in and says "doc, you will need to come look at something" to which I responded "he need a tooth out, which tooth is hurting"?

"All of them". Huh, ok, weird response but lets go check it out. Sure enough, continued meth use pretty much causes things to not go so well intraorally, so he was pretty much decayed out and most teeth were broken off to the gumline (google meth mouth if you want to see it, i'm not messing with photos). Asked if I could extract all 26 teeth he had left in the 30 minute block we had on the schedule for him.

I laughed, said "nah, which one hurts the worst, we'll take that out". He pointed to one, I numbed it up, used an elevator to take it out, about 30 seconds worth of pressure and it was pretty lose. 2 teeth next to it are super mobile and infected (which starts draining as I get this one out, that smelt nice) so I told him he was getting 2 free extractions since he was already numb in that area and they were loose and I was right there, no harm no foul.

It's always fun when we see the inmates, the Sheriff comes up and sits in the room with them all serious, then when I come in the room we talk about hunting or why the Chiefs always break hearts or something.

He breaks down and starts crying thanking me, that he already felt better (if you saw the amount of infection I drained, you'd see why) and asked if he could make an appointment for when he got out. "Sure, how long you think you'll be in this predicament".

"I figure 4 or 5 years, you scheduling ahead that far yet"? Told him nah, just take care of himself and come see me when he gets out.

Next patient is an amish guy (we have a fairly big amish community near us), super nice guy, needs a crown. Asks if he can barter instead of pay, I ask what is in it for me, said he'd bring me a dozen eggs every week for 6 months (they have chicken barns or something) or I could have a quarter of one of the cows they're butchering. Sold, eggs and beef for a crown, sign me up.

Only problem with that is he scheduled an appointment for himself, but brought 4 other family members who all needed work done.

So we had a waiting room full of inmates and Amish this afternoon. Thought that might be a good name of a band or something.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:32 PM 12-17-2020
O.city-----Thought of you

Originally Posted by :
MILWAUKEE — A Wisconsin dentist is accused of damaging his patients' teeth so that he could bill insurance companies for crown procedures.

Scott Charmoli, 60, of Grafton, was charged Tuesday in federal court with eight counts of health care fraud and two counts of false statements. If convicted, he faces a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

Charmoli is accused of falsely telling patients that they needed crowns and then using his drill to break off parts their teeth during the procedure. Charmoli submitted X-rays and photographs of the chipped teeth to insurance companies to obtain coverage for the crowns, the indictment says.

Authorities say Charmoli performed more than $2 million worth of crown procedures between January 2018 and August 2019.

Charmoli's attorney, Nila Robinson, did not immediately respond to an email message left Thursday by The Associated Press.

An arraignment and plea hearing are scheduled for Dec. 30.

[Reply]
O.city 09:52 PM 12-17-2020
Hope they nail him if he was doing that shady shit.

Pisses me off.

Understandably, everyone’s professional diagnoses will be different. Tooth needs a filling or tooth needs a crown is different opinion within reason.

But shit like that? Awful.
[Reply]
O.city 11:33 AM 01-07-2021
It's been a hard year for everyone. Thankfully 2020 is in the rearview. 2021 isn't off to the best start. But it's up to us to figure this out.

I'm gonna try to do my part.

Anyone on here ever have any dental problems, hit me up. PM me, I'll give you my contact info and help you out best I can.

Anyone who's lost a job or is struggling right now and needs help, ask. I'll do my best to help anyone out.
[Reply]
cabletech94 11:49 AM 01-07-2021
You are a truly good dude O City. Thank you bro!!
[Reply]
O.city 11:34 AM 03-31-2021
Was on the other side of the coin this morning. Had a root canal done back in high school. Had a cavity in it, before I could get back to the next appt my parents scheduled I broke it at football practice and ended up needing a root canal.

Fast forward about 18 years, it had been feeling a bit weird so I just had my endodontist I refer to look at it and decided to just go ahead and retreat it.

So he numbed me to the gills this morning about 730 and had it done about 9. Was back in my office at 930 treating patients. Didn't get to talk much, tongue and mouth was numbe til bout an hour ago.

Feels fine now. He cut a hole in the old crown I have on there to get to the nerve chamber so I will have my buddy do a new crown on it in the future.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:57 AM 03-31-2021
Ha!

I got fitted for a crown this morning, too (had a molar "shear" suddenly - no pain. Just had a corner snap off while I was chewing on a chicken finger).

No pain. I'm hoping to avoid a root canal on it (he mentioned some calcification occurring, that we might have to do a roote canal when i go back in for the permanent crown).

Worst part was the itching on my chin and lip as the painkiller wore off. Got a trick for that, O City? LOL
[Reply]
O.city 12:04 PM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Ha!

I got fitted for a crown this morning, too (had a molar "shear" suddenly - no pain. Just had a corner snap off while I was chewing on a chicken finger).

No pain. I'm hoping to avoid a root canal on it (he mentioned some calcification occurring, that we might have to do a roote canal when i go back in for the permanent crown).

Worst part was the itching on my chin and lip as the painkiller wore off. Got a trick for that, O City? LOL
Nah, that’s just part of it.

Unless you’re manly enough to go without anesthetic

Which I am not
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:06 PM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Was on the other side of the coin this morning. Had a root canal done back in high school. Had a cavity in it, before I could get back to the next appt my parents scheduled I broke it at football practice and ended up needing a root canal.

Fast forward about 18 years, it had been feeling a bit weird so I just had my endodontist I refer to look at it and decided to just go ahead and retreat it.

So he numbed me to the gills this morning about 730 and had it done about 9. Was back in my office at 930 treating patients. Didn't get to talk much, tongue and mouth was numbe til bout an hour ago.

Feels fine now. He cut a hole in the old crown I have on there to get to the nerve chamber so I will have my buddy do a new crown on it in the future.
I know what your patients were thinking.

[Reply]
tooge 12:13 PM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I got my teeth cleaned yesterday. They had a new hygienist and her conversation with me was awkward and forced. They need to teach conversation in hygiene school.
was your zipper open?
[Reply]
cooper barrett 08:08 AM 04-01-2021
I guess my ex wife was a man.....

Originally Posted by O.city:
Nah, that’s just part of it.

Unless you’re manly enough to go without anesthetic

Which I am not

[Reply]
O.city 09:18 AM 04-01-2021
I actually had to have a crown done on a molar a few months ago. Had a big filling in high school and fractured a cusp off. Did a filling on myself after work one day to get me by for a bit (my staff couldn't believe I'd do one on myself, it wasn't a big deal) then had a crown on it.

I did that with no anesthetic but it was just a patch job and I could feel when I was drilling a bit too deep.
[Reply]
notorious 09:21 AM 04-01-2021
Masochistic SOB.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:40 AM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by tooge:
was your zipper open?
It helps break the ice.
[Reply]
O.city 09:04 AM 04-03-2021
4 days later my molar is fucking miserable.

Cleaning all the shit out and sealing it back up the body builds up gases and that pressure sucks. Thank the lord for steroids
[Reply]
Red Beans 09:26 AM 04-03-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I know what your patients were thinking.

Bryan Cranston's most exceptional role. Without a doubt.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 39
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Up