ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2474 of 4820
« First < 1474197423742424246424702471247224732474 247524762477247824842524257429743474 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 10:08 AM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
He basically just said that you need to find your own identity and trying to copy another team always leaves you behind.
Spot on. The Oakland As knew they weren't going to beat the Yankees and Red Sox by outspending them. You have to think outside the box and form your own identity. You arent going to replicate this Chiefs offense. I'd be more worried if the Broncos were building an elite defense and smash mouth running game.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:21 AM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Possibly, we'll just see how it goes.
I will say this for the Broncos. They have one ace in the hole, and that's Pat Shurmur.

He just failed at HC gig #2. He's not going to get another one. He'll be there longterm. And if he can get half of what Andy gets out of his shitty QBs, we could see some good stuff finally happening from the Donks offense.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:23 AM 04-28-2020
Well, I guess we're just screwed then and it's Lombardi titles in KC for the next 18 years... dammit.
Donks are pretty much stuck in QB purgatory....like KC was for years. The thinking became..."We are just player X away from beating teams with a legit franchise QB".

Guess what...it never happened.

The teams with star QBs get the calls...you saw this with HGHenstein. They would allow Miller to pummel Smith a full second after he released the ball...then ignore obvious muggings on Hali.

Lock's ceiling is Cutler...who was a career .500 QB. I cant think of a single instance where a college QB was inaccurate...then become a precision passer in the NFL.

What you see is what you get 99% of the time....Mahomes looks pretty much like he did before he was drafted...just refined what was already there.

Lock's trajectory is a 12-15 ranked QB....which is a nine win QB every few seasons.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:41 AM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Donks are pretty much stuck in QB purgatory....like KC was for years. The thinking became..."We are just player X away from beating teams with a legit franchise QB".

Guess what...it never happened.

The teams with star QBs get the calls...you saw this with HGHenstein. They would allow Miller to pummel Smith a full second after he released the ball...then ignore obvious muggings on Hali.

Lock's ceiling is Cutler...who was a career .500 QB. I cant think of a single instance where a college QB was inaccurate...then become a precision passer in the NFL.

What you see is what you get 99% of the time....Mahomes looks pretty much like he did before he was drafted...just refined what was already there.

Lock's trajectory is a 12-15 ranked QB....which is a nine win QB every few seasons.
The upside for Lock is still unknown. Sure, he can cap out as a top 10-12 guy, but who knows. Top 3 elite? Maybe not, but we won't know until he plays an actual half season or more. Shurmur and the new toys are the wildcard here, so I'll remain cautiously optimistic that Lock can continue to improve and if that happens, then purgatory is over.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:42 AM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
Spot on. The Oakland As knew they weren't going to beat the Yankees and Red Sox by outspending them. You have to think outside the box and form your own identity. You arent going to replicate this Chiefs offense. I'd be more worried if the Broncos were building an elite defense and smash mouth running game.
And to be fair, when there was talk about doing that - most around here mocked the idea of any defense being able to contain and/or stop Mahomes. So, there was going to be a lot of naysaying no matter what they tried to do. Let's be honest, Ravens have a great defense and an amazing ground game. That's different from KC and if Denver were to go that route, most would say they were copying the Ravens and that didn't work out.
[Reply]
TEX 10:46 AM 04-28-2020
The upside for Lock is still unknown. Sure, he can cap out as a top 10-12 guy, but who knows. Top 3 elite? Maybe not, but we won't know until he plays an actual half season or more. Shurmur and the new toys are the wildcard here, so I'll remain cautiously optimistic that Lock can continue to improve and if that happens, then purgatory is over.
Keep telling yourself that. It's all part of the game. You'll understand when you're saying the same thing years from now.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:06 AM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by TEX:
Keep telling yourself that. It's all part of the game. You'll understand when you're saying the same thing years from now.
Will do.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 11:16 AM 04-28-2020
I could see either Donkos or Chargers being the second best team in division this year. Both could challenge for .500 and a wild card spot, especially with there being an extra playoff team added now. But both (or either) will finish decidedly behind KC, at least 3 games back.

Faid will finish in the basement this year. If they could land themselves a solid QB, they would instantly vault above the Donks and Chargers. I like what they're doing with the rest of their team and their depth.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 11:44 AM 04-28-2020
And to be fair, when there was talk about doing that - most around here mocked the idea of any defense being able to contain and/or stop Mahomes. So, there was going to be a lot of naysaying no matter what they tried to do. Let's be honest, Ravens have a great defense and an amazing ground game. That's different from KC and if Denver were to go that route, most would say they were copying the Ravens and that didn't work out.
Baltimore isnt in your division though. If you want to play deep into the playoffs consistently you better have a strangle hold on your division and earn the right to play at home when it matters most.

Also, I wouldnt say the Ravens method didnt work. That is still TBD. I want a little more sample size first. Entering 2020 I'd say hands down most all Chiefs fans would concur the Ravens are the biggest threat in the AFC.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 12:13 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
Baltimore isnt in your division though. If you want to play deep into the playoffs consistently you better have a strangle hold on your division and earn the right to play at home when it matters most.

Also, I wouldnt say the Ravens method didnt work. That is still TBD. I want a little more sample size first. Entering 2020 I'd say hands down most all Chiefs fans would concur the Ravens are the biggest threat in the AFC.
The Ravens are not a threat at all as long as they are trotting out a running back behind center. Oh sure, they can win a lot of regular season games and make it to the playoffs, but you've seen the way that will always end the last 2 seasons. One and done. Playoff teams will take away the middle of the field and force jackoff to beat them outside to win. He can't do that. I hope that the Chiefs get the Shitbirds every year in the playoffs as long as jackoff is their quarterback. That'll be an easy win every time
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:29 PM 04-28-2020
As far a Shurmur...you can only scheme to mask your QBs short-comings to a certain degree. It'll work against lesser competition...eventually the warts will show.

The pinnacle of this is the Reid/Smith combo in 2017...Smith had a chance to win every play-off game with the Chiefs and couldn't do it.

He was what he always was....and Andy got the most out of him.

Jackson is another example...he might be the most scheme dependent QB in modern history. He is 0-2 in the play-offs because his warts (which were always there ) showed up....if the scheme breaks down, he cant overcome it... just like Smith.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:40 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I will say this for the Broncos. They have one ace in the hole, and that's Pat Shurmur.

He just failed at HC gig #2. He's not going to get another one. He'll be there longterm. And if he can get half of what Andy gets out of his shitty QBs, we could see some good stuff finally happening from the Donks offense.
The biggest issue they'll have with him is he runs a system that sends everyone into routes and puts a ton of stress on the OT's to hold up 1 on 1...the Broncos main weakness is that their tackles suck so good luck.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:01 PM 04-28-2020
Lock fucking sucks. You guys realize that right?
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:11 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Lock ****ing sucks. You guys realize that right?
We don't really know that yet.

Think bout it: what were the takes on Tom Brady when he was drafted? No one believed TB was going to go on and win 6 SBs and be regarded as one of the best QBs of all time.

And no, I'm not saying Lock is going to be anything like TB. But we really don't have any idea what he's going to be, is my point.

He could have the intangibles to become a very good QB, maybe even a great one, if all the pieces fall into place for him. Or he could end up being just another JAG. Time will tell.

Personally, I think that IF he has the mental toughness and football IQ necessary, he could end up being a top 10 QB. He ha a long way to go and a lot of learning ahead, but it's not impossible.

This season will tell us a lot about Lock and what he brings to the table. I believe that he's going to show that he's a legit starting QB. Though that may not show up in DEN's W/L record necessarily.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:29 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I'll just put down what Chris Simms said in his latest podcast when asked about the AFC West trying to emulate what the Chiefs do...

You don't beat the King at the King's game.
Do you have the link for that? Trying to find currently
[Reply]
Page 2474 of 4820
« First < 1474197423742424246424702471247224732474 247524762477247824842524257429743474 > Last »
Up