ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Media Center>Halloween (2018)
pugsnotdrugs19 11:16 AM 06-08-2018
Kinda surprised this doesn’t already have a thread but I’ll get it rolling since the trailer dropped today. Can’t embed right now, my apologies.

TRAILER:

[Reply]
Rasputin 11:29 AM 09-10-2018
They had Freddie Vs Jason i want Jason Vs Michael

Machete > Knife
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:29 AM 09-10-2018
Had it’s world premiere at the TIFF the other days. Most of he reviews were very positive. Didn’t realize Carpenter did the score for this. Very cool!
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:01 PM 09-10-2018
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
They had Freddie Vs Jason i want Jason Vs Ash

Chainsaw > Machete
FYP
[Reply]
Jerm 01:46 PM 09-10-2018
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Had it’s world premiere at the TIFF the other days. Most of he reviews were very positive. Didn’t realize Carpenter did the score for this. Very cool!
Yeah I only saw a couple that were negative...which you're gonna get with any movie. Almost all the other ones were overwhelmingly positive which has me excited.

Cannot wait to see that long one shot we get at the beginning of the 2nd trailer which was part of the SDCC footage...looks so good.
[Reply]
Predarat 07:44 AM 09-12-2018
I kind of laughed this one off, but then I heard Jamie Lee Curtis was going to be in this, and the trailers have looked promising. Not sure about disregarding the events of Halloween 2, other then that I think I will enjoy it.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 08:10 AM 09-12-2018
Maybe this time the will kill him...:-)

Any more and they'll have to CGI Jamie Lee Curtis cuz she'll be dead of old age.

Pass.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:00 PM 09-12-2018
Originally Posted by Predarat:
I kind of laughed this one off, but then I heard Jamie Lee Curtis was going to be in this, and the trailers have looked promising. Not sure about disregarding the events of Halloween 2, other then that I think I will enjoy it.
Honestly, that's the worst part. I'm not any kind of continuity czar but Halloween 2 and H2O were good flicks. Personally, I liked Halloween 4 and 5 as well with his niece but I can understand retconning those.

Either way, I'll watch this one. Halloween was always my favorite slasher franchise.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:03 PM 09-12-2018
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Honestly, that's the worst part. I'm not any kind of continuity czar but Halloween 2 and H2O were good flicks. Personally, I liked Halloween 4 and 5 as well with his niece but I can understand retconning those.

Either way, I'll watch this one. Halloween was always my favorite slasher franchise.
The entire series outside of the first two makes absolutely zero sense.

Halloween 3 is pretty good too if you understand it’s not supposed to be connected to the Myers saga at all.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:20 PM 09-12-2018
I'm gonna be the buzzkill, just not seeing the point in this re-imagining

The first two are absolute classics... then Zombie put a killer, much more brutal new age spin on it... and thats a wrap IMO

Bringing back Jamie Lee just doesnt do it for me, and there are other elements of the trailers that look out of place to me, such as the apparently fortified and well lit fortress... among other things

Hope you guys like it, and I'll likely rent it, but I'd rather watch the other ones
[Reply]
Jerm 09:53 AM 09-13-2018
We don't talk about RZ's absolute abortions of "Halloween" movies here...

[Reply]
Jerm 09:55 AM 09-13-2018
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

I go the opposite way...it was much more terrifying and worked way more when it was just about MM being completely random and Laurie and her friends were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

It's about the absence of character hence The Shape...the brother/sister mess was just added to justify a sequel.

So glad it's being removed.
[Reply]
Predarat 09:56 AM 09-13-2018
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
The entire series outside of the first two makes absolutely zero sense.

Halloween 3 is pretty good too if you understand it’s not supposed to be connected to the Myers saga at all.
Very true, that film gets unnecessary criticism because of its name. I kind of wish the original plan had worked out but looking back they should have named it differently. Emphasized Season Of The Witch more and not put 3 at the end of Halloween. Like Season Of The Witch A Halloween Story like Rogue One.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:12 PM 09-13-2018
Originally Posted by Jerm:
We don't talk about RZ's absolute abortions of "Halloween" movies here...

:-)

Havent watched the second RZ version, but the first one, while maybe missing some elements of the old magic... was fresh and brutal IMO, really liked it

Mike was a much bigger and scarier, demon possessed, retard strength having mofo
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:25 PM 09-13-2018
Originally Posted by Jerm:
I go the opposite way...it was much more terrifying and worked way more when it was just about MM being completely random and Laurie and her friends were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

It's about the absence of character hence The Shape...the brother/sister mess was just added to justify a sequel.

So glad it's being removed.
Hmm, maybe I missed something, but wasn't Myers after her from the beginning? It's not like he just happened upon her. He was stalking her after school and everything.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:26 PM 09-13-2018
Love this scene by the way. So creepy.

[Reply]
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up