ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 180 of 319
« First < 80130170176177178179180 181182183184190230280 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:02 PM 03-10-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Oh I think we can absolutely replace and upgrade Watkins' 37 catches.

I just don't buy that the top tier guys would want to take a cheap one year deal to be WR#2 here.
I'm not even sure that it would take a Top Tier player in order to upgrade the position over essentially Watkins and DRob. Watkins couldn't stay healthy and DRob dropped way too many passes that should have been caught.

If they can just get a decently talented, healthy wide receiver to plug in at #2, I think they'd be fine. As we all know, Kelce, Hill and CEH are Mahomes primary targets but when drives have failed to score or ended early, it was generally due to the fact that his top 3 options were covered and the #2 or #3 receiver dropped the ball or wasn't in position to make a play.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:04 PM 03-10-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I'm not even sure that it would take a Top Tier player in order to upgrade the position over essentially Watkins and DRob. Watkins couldn't stay healthy and DRob dropped way too many passes that should have been caught.

If they can just get a decently talented, healthy wide receiver to plug in at #2, I think they'd be fine. As we all know, Kelce, Hill and CEH are Mahomes primary targets but when drives have failed to score or ended early, it was generally due to the fact that his top 3 options were covered and the #2 or #3 receiver dropped the ball or wasn't in position to make a play.
I agree.

I just think the people wanting an Allen Robinson or something are going to be disappointed.

*yeah I know he was tagged, just as an example
[Reply]
The Franchise 06:08 PM 03-10-2021
Josh Reynolds or Keelan Cole. Guys that either were buried on their last team or had shit at QB. Sign them to 2 or 3 year deals and let them shine.
[Reply]
TRR 06:12 PM 03-10-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Josh Reynolds or Keelan Cole. Guys that either were buried on their last team or had shit at QB. Sign them to 2 or 3 year deals and let them shine.
I would add Kendrick Bourne to that list as well. Age and upward trend is on his side.
[Reply]
Hoover 06:45 PM 03-10-2021

This!
[Reply]
BigChiefFan 08:12 PM 03-10-2021
WR Rashard Higgins is an intriguing FA, who shouldn’t break the bank, but could possibly be a contributor and still has some upside potential.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:17 PM 03-10-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Wow. That's kind of a shocker.
Fuck Iowa!!!
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:30 PM 03-10-2021
Originally Posted by BigChiefFan:
WR Rashard Higgins is an intriguing FA, who shouldn’t break the bank, but could possibly be a contributor and still has some upside potential.
True, but the Chiefs already signed Antonio Callaway, who's a similar receiver but much faster (4.41 vs 4.64).

If the Chiefs can get Callaway's head on straight, he could easily step into the #3 role, if not #2 opposite Hill.

He was really good his rookie season so the talent is definitely there.
[Reply]
Jamie 08:32 PM 03-10-2021
The more I think about it, the more I think we should push money back and make the cap room to be aggressive this offseason. I'd rather spend now, when the market is depressed, than in 2022 when everybody is going to be flush with cash off the new TV deal.
[Reply]
Toad 08:58 PM 03-10-2021

Compelling thoughts and I think you’re right. I would also trust Andy and Brett if they wanted to take a calculated risk on a more quality guy and backload the deal.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:44 PM 03-10-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I don't think you understand me.

Take the WR position, you don't think a FA WR would shine here on a one year deal with Mahomes? I'm talking about Free agents who you would put in your starting lineup. Basically any place you all want to spend a first round pick on is also a target in free agency. So DE, WR, OT (maybe).

I'm not talking #2 TE or rotational DT
No, I don't necessarily think a WR will come in here and shine with Mahomes because you've got 2 guys soaking up 200 catches between them already entrenched.Y

It's possible for them to be a solid #3 but that's their best case scenario. A 2nd tier WR could go to a team like the Bengals and potentially become their #1 WR because they're so bereft of talent at the position.

A guy like Marvin Jones might get 50 catches here. He could get 75 or more on a team with no real WR talent.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:45 PM 03-10-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Oh I think we can absolutely replace and upgrade Watkins' 37 catches.

I just don't buy that the top tier guys would want to take a cheap one year deal to be WR#2 here; it's not going to drive their price up next year, because no matter WHO it is, they're option #3 in KC. So yeah, 50 or 60 balls most likely.

That's not going to get them a big payday.

I would think we'd be looking for a younger guy that's maybe been underutilized but has the skillset to be an 'X'. That or an older vet just looking for a ring.

But probably not a top tier guy, his stats just won't make him money.
Exactly.

We absolutely will be able to upgrade.

But the top guys, if they really want to get paid next year, are going to go where they can get the most touches. It's all about padding stats for that check next year.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:47 PM 03-10-2021

I agree.

It won't be hard to upgrade.

But they're not going to bring in one of the top guys. It probably won't even be one of the 2nd tier guys, because those guys can go elsewhere and get more playing time, which improves their chances of getting paid next year.
[Reply]
Sofa King 08:26 AM 03-11-2021
Let's start cutting and extending some players. I want to get this show going.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:27 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Let's start cutting and extending some players. I want to get this show going.
Free agency doesn't technically start until next Wednesday.
[Reply]
Page 180 of 319
« First < 80130170176177178179180 181182183184190230280 > Last »
Up