ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: If you saw the Last Jedi in theaters will you see the Rise of Skywalker in the theate
Yes 54 58.70%
No 38 41.30%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll
Page 8 of 17
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Media Center>If you saw The Last Jedi in the theater do you plan on seeing The Rise of Skywalker?
BigRichard 07:00 PM 11-07-2019
I am just kind of curious to see how many people that saw the Last Jedi in theaters are going to see the new movie in theaters as well. Lets see if I can figure out how to do a poll or if this will be a failure on my part.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:32 PM 11-25-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
Idiots...
Another error in judgement by Abrams.

He should have never mentioned this issue in public, let alone, say "I want to but I won't" on Good Morning America.

It'll eventually leak and that person will be demonized by the internet.

This entire Episode IX debacle is beyond disastrous.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:45 PM 11-25-2019
It's like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

Every new story reinforces my decision not to see it.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:00 PM 11-25-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
It's like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

Every new story reinforces my decision not to see it.
What's even more shocking to me is that they are publicly confirming things that I was told privately, things that normally don't get out before a movie is released, if ever.

It's almost as if there's a concerted effort to ruin this film.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:06 PM 11-25-2019
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
What's even more shocking to me is that they are publicly confirming things that I was told privately, things that normally don't get out before a movie is released, if ever.

Well that was pretty much the only way they could've destroyed this saga the way they have.

I mean, it's hard to fuck something up this badly on accident. So yeah, your 'concerted effort' theory makes sense.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:46 PM 11-25-2019

Works for me. :-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:26 AM 11-26-2019
:-) :-) - small world. I've been listening to 'You Must Remember This' podcast for a long while now, . . . off and on.

It's a single-person narrated history of cinema. Narrator researches the forgotten or glossed over insider stories of the dirty work of making movies down through the years, mostly focused on the golden age and the studio system.

Recently, though, it has gotten more strident, snarky and SJW-y. So I'm listening and the tone is getting strident and I decide to find out what this chick's deal is.

Her name is Karina Longworth [I knew that part] and she married Rian Johnson last year. . . . :-) :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:31 AM 11-26-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
:-) :-) - small world. I've been listening to 'You Must Remember This' podcast for a long while now, . . . off and on.

It's a single-person narrated history of cinema. Narrator researches the forgotten or glossed over insider stories of the dirty work of making movies down through the years, mostly focused on the golden age and the studio system.

Recently, though, it has gotten more strident, snarky and SJW-y. So I'm listening and the tone is getting strident and I decide to find out what this chick's deal is.

Her name is Karina Longworth [I knew that part] and she married Rian Johnson last year. . . . :-) :-)
:-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:41 AM 11-26-2019
The goof who left the script was probably Matt Smith.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:56 AM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
The goof who left the script was probably Matt Smith.
It was John Boyega
[Reply]
notorious 12:44 PM 11-27-2019
Well, has anyone posted the spoilers.

I really don't give much of a shit about the movie, I will read them.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:05 PM 11-27-2019
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I've so far successfully fought the urge. :-)
I don't think it's been mentioned in this thread but Disney has restored the original 20th Century Fox Fanfare in Episodes I-XI.

Fun Fact #1: George asked John Williams to compose the Star Wars Theme in the same key as the Fox Fanfare so that it would feel "seamless" to the audience.

Fun Fact #2: The Fox Fanfare was composed by Oscar winning Composer Alfred Newman, father to film composers David and Thomas Newman and uncle to Randy Newman, all of whom have been nominated for or won an Academy Award for Best Composer.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:31 PM 11-27-2019
I don't think it's been mentioned in this thread but Disney has restored the original 20th Century Fox Fanfare in Episodes I-XI.

Fun Fact #1: George asked John Williams to compose the Star Wars Theme in the same key as the Fox Fanfare so that it would feel "seamless" to the audience.

Fun Fact #2: The Fox Fanfare was composed by Oscar winning Composer Alfred Newman, father to film composers David and Thomas Newman and uncle to Randy Newman, all of whom have been nominated for or won an Academy Award for Best Composer.
What did you think of George tinkering with the Greedo scene again in Star Wars? “Maclunkey!”

Doesn’t bother me, but just seems bizarre?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:28 PM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
What did you think of George tinkering with the Greedo scene again in Star Wars? “Maclunkey!”

Doesn’t bother me, but just seems bizarre?
From my understanding, it's a change that George made more than a decade ago but has never been released.

I don't have the reason as to why it was included for Disney Plus.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:35 PM 11-27-2019

The only thing I'm interested in at this point is them restoring the '77, '80 and '83 films to their original theatrical condition and releasing them on blu ray. I'd buy that. Nothing else.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:39 PM 11-27-2019
The only thing I'm interested in at this point is them restoring the '77, '80 and '83 films to their original theatrical condition and releasing them on blu ray. I'd buy that. Nothing else.
There's been some talk of re-releasing the original films, especially since Disney owns the entire Fox catalog.

I think the biggest issue would be to clean up and digitize the originals. I have no idea what shape those are in because Lucasfilm has made so many changes and edits, which have been to the digital copies and not the film stock.

I'd imagine that they'll need to weigh the cost of cleanup and converting the originals to 4K before any reissues take place.

I have a good friend that works at Disney in the Archive department and if I hear this is moving forward, I'll definitely post.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 17
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up