ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: If you saw the Last Jedi in theaters will you see the Rise of Skywalker in the theate
Yes 54 58.70%
No 38 41.30%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll
Page 6 of 17
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Media Center>If you saw The Last Jedi in the theater do you plan on seeing The Rise of Skywalker?
BigRichard 07:00 PM 11-07-2019
I am just kind of curious to see how many people that saw the Last Jedi in theaters are going to see the new movie in theaters as well. Lets see if I can figure out how to do a poll or if this will be a failure on my part.
[Reply]
Sorry 05:58 PM 11-19-2019
honestly, they should've made Luke and Kylo team up in the end to beat Mary Sue, while Luke and kylo never truly becoming friends again.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 03:01 PM 11-20-2019
Lemme guess. An EVEN BIGGER Death Star!!!!! And a lesbian!!! And that's what passes as the plot.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:25 PM 11-20-2019
If the leaks are true, JJ will have successfully made TLJ look like Saving Private Ryan
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:56 PM 11-20-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
If the leaks are true, JJ will have successfully made TLJ look like Saving Private Ryan
They're still involved with re-shoots and editing so at this point in time, it's safe to say that no one knows how this movie will work or end.

The day that KK fired Trevorrow back in August 2017, the release date should have been moved from December 20, 2019 to May 22th, 2020, giving them 5 more months in which to complete the film.

Like so many others, I'll be surprised if the film isn't a complete and utter disaster.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 05:14 PM 11-20-2019
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
They're still involved with re-shoots and editing so at this point in time, it's safe to say that no one knows how this movie will work or end.

The day that KK fired Trevorrow back in August 2017, the release date should have been moved from December 20, 2019 to May 22th, 2020, giving them 5 more months in which to complete the film.

Like so many others, I'll be surprised if the film isn't a complete and utter disaster.
Holy ****. They’re still doing reshoots 6 weeks before release?

Maybe I’m an uncultured rube - but that does not inspire confidence.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:17 PM 11-20-2019
Yeah, I just read what you're presumably talking about. Good fucking God, that was bad. Hopefully that's just a shitty 4chan troll but the depressing thing is that actually seems like something they'd do.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:34 PM 11-20-2019
Yes. I mentioned it last week in my post and it was confirmed in an Entertainment Weekly article this week.

No, it does not.

The writing credits for Episode IX now include Colin Trevorrow and Derek Connelly - the two men fired by KK in August 2017.

After KK went through every topline director in town and was refused, she went back to Abrams. Abrams and Terrio initially threw out the Trevorrow script but problems with the film and limited time to reshoot meant going back to elements of the original script.

George has also been brought in as a "consultant" by none other than Bob Iger himself.

I've seen a few articles floating around the internet that indicate the release date could be moved to May 2020 but I haven't been able to confirm that with anyone on my end.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:13 PM 11-20-2019
Yes. I mentioned it last week in my post and it was confirmed in an Entertainment Weekly article this week.

No, it does not.

The writing credits for Episode IX now include Colin Trevorrow and Derek Connelly - the two men fired by KK in August 2017.

After KK went through every topline director in town and was refused, she went back to Abrams. Abrams and Terrio initially threw out the Trevorrow script but problems with the film and limited time to reshoot meant going back to elements of the original script.

George has also been brought in as a "consultant" by none other than Bob Iger himself.

I've seen a few articles floating around the internet that indicate the release date could be moved to May 2020 but I haven't been able to confirm that with anyone on my end.
Wow.

Would it be safe to say that all problems sort of flow down from Kennedy?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:36 PM 11-20-2019

yeah to my layman’s understanding that sounds like a recipe for disaster.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:03 PM 11-20-2019
I'm legit curious as to how Kathleen Kennedy still has a job, tbh.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:17 PM 11-20-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
No shit. She basically took the golden egg laying goose and fucked it to death with a plunger handle.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:23 PM 11-20-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Would it be safe to say that all problems sort of flow down from Kennedy?
I haven't had anyone tell me that she's specifically at fault. But everyone, especially Iger and Horn, know she's in charge so ultimately, it's on her.

It's not a coincidence that Kevin Feige is suddenly up for a Star Wars film, even though there's no script, no writers and no story. They're preparing for the inevitable backlash of Episode IX and trying to reduce future fears by announcing that Feige will run a Star Wars film.

Iger and Horn trust Jon Favreau implicitly and I've been told that they're all having a blast in Long Beach filming Season 2 of The Mandalorian. It's a really, really happy set from top to bottom and that type of report, especially at the price tag, makes the execs very, very happy as well.

All that said, Kennedy's deal is up in 2021 and it's no secret that it's extremely unlikely that she's there until it ends.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:35 PM 11-20-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
It's because there weren't many people that were even considered to run Lucasfilm after the acquisition. She'd been a mega successful producer in her own right before taking the job, she's close friends with Spielberg and Lucas and she really wanted the opportunity.

The bigger question is this: Who would/could/should replace her?

I know that the easy response is "Anyone!". But look at Marvel's history before Kevin Feige - it's awful. And in the eyes of many, the hiring of RDJ is what really launched Marvel. That said, I don't think that Feige could have accomplished what he's done without hitting a home run with Iron Man.

The obvious choice to run Lucasfilm is Dave Filoni but like Favreau, he's not "Studio Execs". They both want to create and it's next to impossible to do so when you're running a studio and responsible for billions of dollars of decisions, let alone, scores of people.

Please don't mistake this post as any kind of "confidence" in KK. But running Lucasfilm comes with a massive amount of responsibilities, from billions of dollars to literally, billions of fans and the Disney Board.

It's a job I wouldn't want, for even a heartbeat, regardless of the monetary compensation.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:36 PM 11-20-2019
I haven't had anyone tell me that she's specifically at fault. But everyone, especially Iger and Horn, know she's in charge so ultimately, it's on her.

It's not a coincidence that Kevin Feige is suddenly up for a Star Wars film, even though there's no script, no writers and no story. They're preparing for the inevitable backlash of Episode IX and trying to reduce future fears by announcing that Feige will run a Star Wars film.

Iger and Horn trust Jon Favreau implicitly and I've been told that they're all having a blast in Long Beach filming Season 2 of The Mandalorian. It's a really, really happy set from top to bottom and that type of report, especially at the price tag, makes the execs very, very happy as well.

All that said, Kennedy's deal is up in 2021 and it's no secret that it's extremely unlikely that she's there until it ends.
More than anything I'd just love to see a do-over of VII through IX; even more so than a do over of I through III. Kind of like what Cameron did by basically ignoring all the Terminator movies after the second one.

Maybe if this next one bombs as badly as they're saying it could happen. I'm sure that's just wishful thinking, though.
[Reply]
Sorry 08:37 PM 11-20-2019

How do you feel as a Star Wars fan about furthering the saga after this? I know money makes the wheel move forward but do you think it’s even worth it? Possible to make something fresh out of it?
[Reply]
Page 6 of 17
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up