We though you was a toad.
[Reply]
banecat 02:32 PM 11-20-2019
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
We though you was a toad.
Oh, George, not the livestock
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:18 PM 11-20-2019
Great show. Just keeps getting better and better.
[Reply]
Kman34 12:41 PM 11-23-2019
Did anyone catch Michael Imperioli in the New York commercial test? Back on HBO!
[Reply]
Talisman 03:54 PM 11-26-2019
That last episode was really compelling TV. The way they used black and white and color, the changing of characters between Angela and her grandfather, and the mixture of the past with the present was great stuff. It was interesting to see some of the highlights of her grandfather's life and how it tied in with the Watchmen story. And they finally got around to answering how an old dude in a wheelchair strung up a police chief. It's clear they have the first season very well planned out and seeing how it all ties together is keeping me watching.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:54 PM 11-26-2019
Originally Posted by Talisman:
That last episode was really compelling TV. The way they used black and white and color, the changing of characters between Angela and her grandfather, and the mixture of the past with the present was great stuff. It was interesting to see some of the highlights of her grandfather's life and how it tied in with the Watchmen story. And they finally got around to answering how an old dude in a wheelchair strung up a police chief. It's clear they have the first season very well planned out and seeing how it all ties together is keeping me watching.
This flashback episode was one of the best things on TV I've seen this year, but I feel like I've said that a few times now about this show.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:59 PM 11-26-2019
This show is really good. The last 2 episodes have been great.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:29 PM 11-27-2019
RIP Fred 'T'
[Reply]
vailpass 06:24 PM 11-27-2019
Looks like a few of you are enjoying Wokemen. Good for you. Fucking HBO though, that is what they came up with to follow GoT?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:33 PM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Looks like a few of you are enjoying Wokemen. Good for you. ****ing HBO though, that is what they came up with to follow GoT?
Figured you'd turn up again after this particular episode. Guess you're watching too.
[Reply]
vailpass 07:26 PM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Figured you'd turn up again after this particular episode. Guess you're watching too.
That's odd but thanks for thinking of me. I saw the first ten minutes of the first episode and that was it, never saw another minute. I'll leave the race-based fantasies and self-loathing to those who enjoy it.

I saw an article title a couple days ago that read something like "watchmen trolls white supremacy" or some equally ignorant title, thought of it when I saw this thread.

This really isn't the place for this conversation though, out of consideration for those who enjoy the show.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:39 PM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
That's odd but thanks for thinking of me. I saw the first ten minutes of the first episode and that was it, never saw another minute. I'll leave the race-based fantasies and self-loathing to those who enjoy it.

I saw an article title a couple days ago that read something like "watchmen trolls white supremacy" or some equally ignorant title, thought of it when I saw this thread.

This really isn't the place for this conversation though, out of consideration for those who enjoy the show.
So instead you’re posting about/bashing a show that you haven’t watched and know next to nothing about then.

Good times.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:45 PM 11-30-2019
But in the supplementary documents provided in the Peteypedia—HBO’s canon encyclopedia filled with correspondences and reports put together by Laurie Blake’s partner Petey—it’s shown that Hooded Justice’s departure affected Captain Metropolis in significant ways. While Nelson Gardner (Captain Metropolis’ civilian identity) might not have initially been sympathetic to Will Reeves’ (Hooded Justice) cause, in time he would see the error of his ways. The latest Peteypedia entry reveals Gardner’s will, in which he reveals that he did genuinely care about his colleague on an emotional level, and he understood that the Minutemen wouldn’t have existed were it not for Will’s idea to put on his signature hood.

The will shows that following the Minutemen’s dissolution, Nelson came to see that he was wrong for keeping the rest of the group from supporting Will, and while he could never change what he did, he attempted to make things right by bequeathing Will his sizable estate—including all of the intellectual property rights to the Minutemen, which raises some interesting questions.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/watchmens-ca...ght-1840067391

[Reply]
banecat 05:35 PM 12-01-2019
It's been getting better and better
[Reply]
Bowser 06:57 PM 12-01-2019
Originally Posted by banecat:
It's been getting better and better
Yep. The first couple of episodes weren't all that bad, but business picked up when Laurie became a part of the story. Jean Smart has been great in that role.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Up