ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 15
« First < 3910111213 1415 >
Media Center>Cutting Cable.
Dunit35 01:17 PM 12-19-2018
I know there are already several threads but I’m adding to it.

Our DTV bill is about to go up $60 a month to $133. We’re looking at cutting cable. We’d like to add Hulu live TV, netflix, and MLB.TV. I know I can stream all three through my Xbox. It looks like I won’t have AMC, NFL Network or NBC. NFL Network I can stream the Thursday night games through my xbox.

How is the quality? We have to upgrade our internet to unlimited for an extra $20/month. Provider said we’d also get faster speeds.
Does anyone have MLB.Tv and use it through your Xbox?
What about DVR services?

It looks like I can get all three for around $64 a month.
[Reply]
Fish 09:05 AM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by warrior:
Did you do this- I would like info on the jailbroken firestick from someone who's had one
You don't jailbreak a Firestick. All you have to do is turn on Developer mode in the settings and install the app manually. No root access is required. I've posted the instructions somewhere here for how to do that. Seriously it's like 4-5 steps and you're done. Zero reason to pay somebody. Let me know specifically what you want, and I'll give you fresh instructions.
[Reply]
warrior 09:21 AM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
You don't jailbreak a Firestick. All you have to do is turn on Developer mode in the settings and install the app manually. No root access is required. I've posted the instructions somewhere here for how to do that. Seriously it's like 4-5 steps and you're done. Zero reason to pay somebody. Let me know specifically what you want, and I'll give you fresh instructions.

I was going to purchase a already jailbroken fire stick for for the latest kodi version and get a vpn access number to watch chiefs games from local tv in kc area.
New to streaming your help is appreciated.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:29 AM 10-29-2019
Its in the setting under my firestick.
[Reply]
Fish 09:43 AM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by warrior:
I was going to purchase a already jailbroken fire stick for for the latest kodi version and get a vpn access number to watch chiefs games from local tv in kc area.
New to streaming your help is appreciated.
I would not recommend that. You'll be disappointed. Stay away from any pre-loaded device with Kodi. You will not find a live sports option that works within Kodi. And if you did, you wouldn't want a VPN for it. You only want a VPN service when you want something to spoof geolocation for an app that checks for it. With pirate streams, you never have to spoof your location.

Just get a normal Firestick or FireTV, and use Firefox to access r/nflstreams or sportsurge.net. Then sideload the Cinema app for free movies/tv. If you want live TV, look into Sling/Hulu Live/Youtube TV/etc. If you get one of the live TV services, you could then use a geolocation spoofer to spoof your location for local KC sports. That's a much better solution than a VPN. Because a VPN will reduce your connection speed by more than half. The way a VPN works is that all your internet traffic is sent across the internet to that VPN server and back to you, which often reduces your throughput to shit depending on how much bandwidth the VPN server has. Like I said avoid VPN unless you absolutely have to and there aren't other ways to spoof location.
[Reply]
warrior 10:20 AM 10-29-2019
I would not recommend that. You'll be disappointed. Stay away from any pre-loaded device with Kodi. You will not find a live sports option that works within Kodi. And if you did, you wouldn't want a VPN for it. You only want a VPN service when you want something to spoof geolocation for an app that checks for it. With pirate streams, you never have to spoof your location.

Just get a normal Firestick or FireTV, and use Firefox to access r/nflstreams or sportsurge.net. Then sideload the Cinema app for free movies/tv. If you want live TV, look into Sling/Hulu Live/Youtube TV/etc. If you get one of the live TV services, you could then use a geolocation spoofer to spoof your location for local KC sports. That's a much better solution than a VPN. Because a VPN will reduce your connection speed by more than half. The way a VPN works is that all your internet traffic is sent across the internet to that VPN server and back to you, which often reduces your throughput to shit depending on how much bandwidth the VPN server has. Like I said avoid VPN unless you absolutely have to and there aren't other ways to spoof location.
Thanks Mr Fish
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:44 PM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
I can get a jailbroke firestick with EVERYTHING on it. So I'm thinking of cutting the cord
The problem with this is custom builds are dependent on a server that will probably go down in a month or two and every customer gets fucked and gets angry at the developers who get tired of the shit and close down.
[Reply]
DrRyan 04:57 PM 10-29-2019

I had always planned on just using a VPN when I turn on YTTV to stream local KC sports. Do you have any specific geolocaiton spoofers that you recommend? Thanks in advance for the help Fish.
[Reply]
Fish 09:38 PM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by DrRyan:
I had always planned on just using a VPN when I turn on YTTV to stream local KC sports. Do you have any specific geolocaiton spoofers that you recommend? Thanks in advance for the help Fish.
I use this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kegps&hl=en_US

Just drag the pointer to the location you want to use and hit the play button. The app will disappear. Reset the device. Go to YoutubeTV and update your location.

YoutubeTV makes you "Check in" to your home location every 3 months or so though. So if you continue spoofing a location it will eventually tell you it has to check in from the home location.
[Reply]
srvy 10:12 PM 10-29-2019
If you are using playstation vue to stream sony just announced they are shutting it down due to to much competition.
[Reply]
Scorp 04:49 PM 10-30-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
If you are using playstation vue to stream sony just announced they are shutting it down due to to much competition.
Pisses me off too! I have tried all the streaming services and settled on PS Vue. Now it is back to the drawing board. :-)
[Reply]
KCTitus 07:40 PM 10-30-2019
Just cut the cord and Vue was my choice...sonofabitch! Enjoyed the sports packages and NFL network and redzone. The NFL leaves me no choice but to VPN my viewing overseas. I'm not paying 150-200 a month for the luxury of getting NFL Red Zone 17 of 52 weeks of the year.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:31 PM 10-30-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
The problem with this is custom builds are dependent on a server that will probably go down in a month or two and every customer gets ****ed and gets angry at the developers who get tired of the shit and close down.
I do not understand.
[Reply]
Fish 08:37 PM 10-30-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
I do not understand.
Some people try and sell these devices "Fully loaded" for more money than the device is actually work. In the majority of cases, "Fully loaded" means a custom Kodi build with preloaded add-ons and lots of empty promises. Preloaded Kodi builds will become unreliable in a matter of months. Support after purchase is nonexistent in most cases. It happens a lot.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 05:26 AM 10-31-2019
Some people try and sell these devices "Fully loaded" for more money than the device is actually work. In the majority of cases, "Fully loaded" means a custom Kodi build with preloaded add-ons and lots of empty promises. Preloaded Kodi builds will become unreliable in a matter of months. Support after purchase is nonexistent in most cases. It happens a lot.
What he said. You'll have a useless, overpriced device in the matter of months.
[Reply]
Dunit35 07:30 AM 10-31-2019
It’s been eight months for us without cable. We have Prime, Netflix, and. Roku. We watch the KC games on Reddit. Whenever they decide to shut that down I’ll probably have to add cable again.

Haven’t really missed it. I miss watching American Pickers but that’s about it.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 15
« First < 3910111213 1415 >
Up