ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 217 of 286
« First < 117167207213214215216217 218219220221227267 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
In58men 12:23 PM 11-12-2019
Searching was a great movie. Highly recommend, ending was fantastic.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 12:32 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Currently 50 minutes into Upgrade, and it is spectacular so far... it touches on so many different themes relevant to our times, trans humanism and the extent of big techs power over our lives chief among them

Its like a well thought out mashup of so many great movies... The Crow, Frankenstein and Jason Bourne with Hal from 2001 in a starring role

It’s destined to be a cult classic, take that to the bank
Upgrade was my favorite movie of 2018. Great cinematography particularly the cameras affixed to a moving object. Fights were brutal and visceral affairs, and the ending was bittersweet. Very original.
[Reply]
heapshake 02:01 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
Searching was a great movie. Highly recommend, ending was fantastic.
I thought the ending went off the rails. Although maybe it had already gone off the rails with the dumb easter eggs and alien invasion nonsense. But for the most part it was a good thriller.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 04:42 PM 11-12-2019
HBO had Upgrade on-demand, so I watched it because of the reviews here. It was good, I gave it a 7. The fight scenes reminded me a little of Hardcore Henry, except in that film they were first person video, in Upgrade they were his robot body talking to him. I just wish the super human part took command all the time instead of letting him ask for help. I liked Hardcore Henry better, almost too much action, gave that one an 8. I just realized the blonde in the lab coat in HH is the same blonde in The Girl on the Train that gets killed. Overall they're two similar movies, full of action.

[Reply]
luv 03:51 PM 11-14-2019
I'm actually really looking forward to seeing this.

[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:58 PM 11-14-2019
Originally Posted by luv:
I'm actually really looking forward to seeing this.

I'm not 'Q-ing' you, just giving you a link where we talked about the movie, in case you wanted to see . . .

https://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthre...hlight=ferrari

I have been wary about this one. I'm very finicky about racing movies [not so much a pedant about technical details as I don't like true stories getting Hollywood-ized]. But the word of mouth has been very good on this one. SO my excitement level is rising as well.
[Reply]
luv 04:10 PM 11-14-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I'm not 'Q-ing' you, just giving you a link where we talked about the movie, in case you wanted to see . . .

https://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthre...hlight=ferrari

I have been wary about this one. I'm very finicky about racing movies [not so much a pedant about technical details as I don't like true stories getting Hollywood-ized]. But the word of mouth has been very good on this one. SO my excitement level is rising as well.
Thanks. I barely skimmed and came across this thread first. :-)
[Reply]
Msmith 08:40 PM 11-14-2019
Saw Joker tonight. Phoenix should get a nomination for Oscar.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:27 PM 11-25-2019
Finally got around to watching Escape From NY. I had wanted to watch it for the longest time back when I noticed Escape From LA was on Prime.

Man.. what a piece of shit that movie was. I'm struggling to find one redeeming quality about it and coming up blank.
[Reply]
patteeu 11:19 PM 11-25-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Finally got around to watching Escape From NY. I had wanted to watch it for the longest time back when I noticed Escape From LA was on Prime.

Man.. what a piece of shit that movie was. I'm struggling to find one redeeming quality about it and coming up blank.
Nonsense! Snake Plisskin is a great antihero name. And how about that eye patch?
[Reply]
Frazod 11:57 PM 11-25-2019
Escape from New York was awesome.

Escape from L.A. was a piece of shit.
[Reply]
patteeu 12:17 AM 11-26-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:

Correct
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:26 AM 11-26-2019

Yep. Also, hating on EFNY makes you somewhat ghey.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:15 AM 11-26-2019
Saw an advance screening for Knives Out. Movie was a lot of fun, but there is a lot of topical politics muddled in which was obnoxious. I think it's Rian Johnson's best work after someone tricked me into watching Brick.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:24 PM 11-26-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Nonsense! Snake Plisskin is a great antihero name. And how about that eye patch?

Lol it is a cool name and Kurt Russell is pretty badass.

At this point I’m leaning toward not actually watching LA since NY just didn’t hit for me.
[Reply]
Page 217 of 286
« First < 117167207213214215216217 218219220221227267 > Last »
Up