ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which best describes your opinion about how the we should handle our CB needs?
Do nothing - we'll be OK with the guys we have 8 5.10%
Be opportunistic - keep eyes open for a reasonable deal, but don't do anything major 66 42.04%
Be aggressive - be willing to trade a high draft pick or a key player 62 39.49%
Go all in - be willing to trade multiple high draft picks or key players 17 10.83%
Your options suck, DaFace 4 2.55%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How would you prefer the Chiefs handle our CB needs?
DaFace 08:57 AM 09-17-2019
Seems like there are wildly varying opinions on this, so let's see how people feel collectively.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 09:22 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I wish we had some way of knowing what level of compensation is actually reasonable for some of these guys. It'd be fascinating to have a poll where people choose the deals they WOULD make.

Ramsey for Jones (straight up)?
Ramsey for 2020 1st and 2021 1st?
Ramsey for 2020 1st and Mecole Hardman?
Ramsey for 2020 1st and Juan Thornhill?

I don't know if any of those are reasonable for either side, but it's when I think about what it would take to actually get him that I become more hesitant.
I could see a deal involving Jones work simply due to how money could line up, but that's it. Ramsey is about to make some serious money and I don't think the Chiefs are going to give it to him; at least not the amount he probably feels he is worth.

But Jones can dominate the line better than anyone not named Donald so its difficult to give up that presence but does giving him up and acquiring Ramsey's coverage ability balance that out? I think it could but I don't want Jones anywhere but in KC.

I'm really torn about this completely made up scenario lol
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 09:22 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think they wanted to, planned to.

Then the Hill stuff happened.
I don't buy that.

So they would have used that ONE 3rd round draft pick on a CB instead of Hardman? That single draft pick? That was the plan?

How does that even make sense?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:23 AM 09-17-2019

@jalenramsey let’s go

— Ty Hill (@cheetah) September 17, 2019

[Reply]
DaFace 09:24 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by bdlangton:
If you were guaranteed...no brainer 5 in 10 years.
Obviously we don't know anything about how the future will play out, but my point is just that there is NO ONE in the AFC who is anywhere near us in terms of stacked for the foreseeable future. We'll have some competition from the Ravens, and maybe from the Texans if they can figure out how to build a team around Watson. Outside of that, if we can just get Brady to retire, it's our conference to rule until someone else finds a franchise QB in the draft.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:24 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Do you do anything other than post random tweets that have nothing to do with the threads you're in? It's incredibly obnoxious IMO.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 09:25 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by TLO:
Reggie Ragland and a 3rd.
If Veach pulled that off he would absolutely be a wizard and/or a jedi -- probably both
[Reply]
bricks 09:26 AM 09-17-2019
I say wait it out.

Don’t panic, we’re in excellent shape. Be patient and see how this defense unfolds prior to the trade deadline. Also, see what the market has to offer then and at what cost. How much does having an elite corner increase our chances of winning a superbowl? How much will that compromise our future assets? How does having an elite corner effect our salary cap situation and for future signings like Jones and Mahomes. These are questions that need to be answered prior to making that decision. Its not just about now, but also about longevity with respect to success and winning superbowls. Weigh it out first prior to making a decision.

I think Brett Veach and the Chiefs will apply that approach.

We may not need an elite corner? We may have enough to beat the Patriots as is? Why compromise your assets when you may not have to? To me, its not about having the elite corner but improving the defensive units as a whole. I think we came a long way in the secondary from last year to this year.

Think about it, we went from Steven Nelson, Orlando Scandrick, Ron Parker and Eric Murray to Bashaud Breeland, Morris Claiborne, Tyrann Mathieu and Juan Thornhill. Thats a huge improvement! But, many people are still not happy.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 09:27 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by bricks:
I say wait it out.

Don’t panic, we’re in excellent shape. Be patient and see how this defense unfolds prior to the trade deadline. Also, see what the market has to offer then and at what cost. Weigh it out first prior to making the decision. I think the Chiefs will apply that approach.

We may not need an elite corner? We may have enough to beat the Patriots as is? Why compromise your assets when you may not have to? To me, its not about having the elite corner but improving the defensive units as a whole. I think we came a long way in the secondary from last year to this year.

Think about it, we went from Steven Nelson, Orlando Scandrick, Ron Parker and Eric Murray to Bashaud Breeland, Morris Claiborne, Tyrann Mathieu and Juan Thornhill. Thats a huge improvement!
It IS a huge improvement. It's not GREAT or IDEAL, but it's a huge upgrade.

I'd let it play out for a bit longer.
[Reply]
O.city 09:32 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
I don't buy that.

So they would have used that ONE 3rd round draft pick on a CB instead of Hardman? That single draft pick? That was the plan?

How does that even make sense?
I think they were gonna trade up into the first with the Rams for a CB using those 2 2nds they had.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:32 AM 09-17-2019
I voted be aggressive but I'm not on board with bringing in Ramsey, especially if that will cost a high price.
[Reply]
O.city 09:34 AM 09-17-2019
Thing is too guys, yeah youre gonna have to beat the Pats. But then you're gonna have to beat a really good NFC team if you beat the Pats.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 09:35 AM 09-17-2019
The only time I've paid attention to Ramsey, he was getting smoked by one KC receiver or another. Just how good is he, and does he fit our defensive scheme? Assuming he's as good as advertised, I'd probably pull the trigger, because we aren't getting a blue chip CB drafting at 29-32.
[Reply]
neech 09:36 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I wish we had some way of knowing what level of compensation is actually reasonable for some of these guys. It'd be fascinating to have a poll where people choose the deals they WOULD make.

Ramsey for Jones (straight up)?
Ramsey for 2020 1st and 2021 1st?
Ramsey for 2020 1st and Mecole Hardman?
Ramsey for 2020 1st and Juan Thornhill?

I don't know if any of those are reasonable for either side, but it's when I think about what it would take to actually get him that I become more hesitant.
Most of the posters on here would do any of those trades and give their first born child to boot.
[Reply]
Jerm 09:37 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
The only time I've paid attention to Ramsey, he was getting smoked by one KC receiver or another. Just how good is he, and does he fit our defensive scheme? Assuming he's as good as advertised, I'd probably pull the trigger, because we aren't getting a blue chip CB drafting at 29-32.
Well he just shut down arguably the best WR in the game on Sunday...

He's the best CB in the NFL, period.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:39 AM 09-17-2019
Play Mahomes 2-way like the old times
[Reply]
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up