ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>What form of punishment did you receive as a kid from your parents? (both)
ROYC75 12:48 PM 08-19-2019
What form of punishment did you receive as a kid from both of your parents?

Dad - Spring,summer, Fall, a green apple switch, he made us cut it and it better be flimsy.
Winter - Belt, anything he could find.

Sometimes for a milder form, an attention getter, a swift kick in the ass with his size 12 boot.

Mom - You just wait until your Dad gets home!
[Reply]
El Jefe 09:44 AM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by stumppy:
And only 12 volts. BFD
:-)
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:48 AM 08-21-2019
What's the deal with wooden spoons? I've seen several people mention them, and that seems like a pretty useless spanking tool. We've got one in our kitchen and it weighs about two ounces.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:54 AM 08-21-2019
spanking with a leather belt - usually no more than 3 whaps - taught me a good amount of fear for the consequences of actions and respect for my elders

i was never scared of my dad, though, and i was an extremely well behaved child and straight edge to this day

the belt stopped working at some point and they just took away my TV privileges - that worked even better :-)
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:55 AM 08-21-2019
Seems like a lot of abusive parents out there. I couldn't imagine doing that shit to my daughter. Id feel like a real piece of shit.
[Reply]
-King- 09:55 AM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
What's the deal with wooden spoons? I've seen several people mention them, and that seems like a pretty useless spanking tool. We've got one in our kitchen and it weighs about two ounces.
I mean weight doesn't really have anything to do with how much something hurts when it hits you.
[Reply]
-King- 09:57 AM 08-21-2019
My dad used a belt until I was 10 or 11. After that if I would fuck up he'd jab me in the chest or thigh if I covered up my chest. Either got the wind knocked out of me or a Charlie horse lol.

My mom didn't ever need to do anything. Her being disappointed was bad enough for me. But if she needed to do something, it would be to make me do extra chores or something like that.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:03 AM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
I mean weight doesn't really have anything to do with how much something hurts when it hits you.
I guess pain would be related to weight or speed or diameter, and really a combination of the three. A wooden spoon seems to offer advantages in none of these areas.
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:22 AM 08-21-2019
The stuff my parents did would get a visit from Social Services now.

When we were little - my sister and me- my mom would take us out in the garage (muffle the noise) and make us take our pants down and beat us across the butt and upper back thighs with these hard green tomato bamboo stakes. It would leave purple bruises and welts. Hurt for a long time, like a week. When I got to be around 13 she'd make my dad do the corporal punishment, and he'd usually use his belt, but hit us with the buckle part. That raises welts too and sometimes blood. When I was around 14 he was going to hit me with his belt and I refused to go into the garage. He started yelling at me so I threw a punch and tagged him on the chin. He took a step back then fired a straight left and floored me. I had a black eye. He never laid a hand on me again after that. When I was 16 I was 4" taller than him and out weighed him by 30 pounds, so we never had any problems after that. The 1960s were a different world.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:26 AM 08-21-2019
Yeah but Tyreek Hill made his son spread his arms and tapped him in the chest.
[Reply]
ROYC75 10:34 AM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by gblowfish:

When we were little - my sister and me- my mom would take us out in the garage (muffle the noise) and make us take our pants down and beat us across the butt and upper back thighs with these hard green tomato bamboo stakes. It would leave purple bruises and welts. Hurt for a long time, like a week. When I got to be around 13 she'd make my dad do the corporal punishment, and he'd usually use his belt, but hit us with the buckle part. That raises welts too and sometimes blood. When I was around 14 he was going to hit me with his belt and I refused to go into the garage. He started yelling at me so I threw a punch and tagged him on the chin. He took a step back then fired a straight left and floored me. I had a black eye. He never laid a hand on me again after that. When I was 16 I was 4" taller than him and out weighed him by 30 pounds, so we never had any problems after that. The 1960s were a different world.
That they were, today's kids would have their parents arrested because of the changed laws with child abuse.

Think about this George, our parents taught us in how they were raised. Imagine how kids in the 20's - 50's were punished ! :-)
[Reply]
DementedLogic 10:37 AM 08-21-2019
Dad: If it was really bad, then it would be a paddle to the ass. If you cried, you would get a second whoopin' since you hadn't earned the right to cry.
Typically though, it was getting stood in the corner. Only he would forget about us, and then we would be in there for an hour+. If you asked to get out, you would get in trouble for asking to get out. We relied a lot on each other (siblings and cousins) to find ways to subtly remind him that someone was in the corner. I would take the ass whoopin' over standing in the corner anyday.
My brother and a couple of my cousins cussed at my dad or did other things to disrespect them, at that point he became pretty abusive. He laid one of my cousins out, and he choke-slammed my brother. Both were older than 16 at the time.
My Dad spent a few years in prison and he had a pretty bad anger problem. I witnessed him get in fights with people in parking lots multiple times for doing something that pissed him off. I learned pretty young how to stay out of trouble with him, but my brothers and cousins learned the hard way.

My mom backhanded me when I was 3 for telling her I hated her. Other than that, she didn't punish me much. (parents were divorced)
[Reply]
Molitoth 01:53 PM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
We got spanked by my Dad, very rarely by Mom. Always with a hand, no weapons involved. One time my Dad did the old, clean your room by a certain time and anything left on the floor after that is being thrown out. My brother and I didn't listen and he came in with a trash bag, collected everything on the floor and then threw the bag in a dumpster at the grocery store while we watched. I still remember that vividly so obviously it worked. Our room was always clean after that.
I have done that with my kids.

Didn't work... :-)
[Reply]
displacedinMN 02:01 PM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Go find a kid and see what they think.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 02:09 PM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by gblowfish:

Spare the rod....spoil the child.

When corporal punishment is done correctly, and timely...it is an effective tool. There is a time and place for everything. The problem is when that type of thing is overused or underused. Which is the same for any punishment.

Just need to know what tool in the best in the tool box.

My ex-sister in law would yell and the drop of the hat and threaten time out to her 12 year old. Guess what never worked....anything she ever said. Damn I am glad that woman is gone.

Corporal punishment is effective when needed. It also deters many others from getting the same punishment. It should never be taken away from schools--and yes we should have cameras in school rooms. I would gladly wear on as a test subject.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 02:53 PM 08-21-2019
My old man was responsible for "discipline" in our house. He was a Army Officer and had one of the coldest stares I have ever seen. Wonderful Father and Mother, but as a rule, all Dad had to do was to give us that stare and whatever the hell we were guilty of - took care of.

I got exactly 2 whippings in my life. The old man and I were fishing - (I was 8 years old) and he tells me that it is time to go home. So, I threw a tantrum. He whipped the hell out of my ass and that was that. No more tantrums.

The other time - we were living in Germany ar the time. I was 9-10 and outside my bedroom window was an old tree. He told me to stay the hell out of the tree. It was old and barely hanging on. Well, he comes home a little early one day and there I was, in the tree. Got another one then. Didn't climb in that tree anymore, plus, I was grounded for a month.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Up