ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 40
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Hall of Classics>The Lurker 500
Iowanian 10:43 AM 03-15-2008
Ladies and Gentlemen.

Start your Engines for the Lurker 500.

In this race of planet history, Lurkers, those with less than 100 posts per year of membership are challenged!

Myself, and other tenured members I shall designate will pose comments, statements or questions of Chiefs Planet History. Your job~your Challenge! is to explain the story behind the comment, link it to its originating poster....explain why its relevant or funny. Bonus points awarded for context.

How well do the lurkers know us? How versed are the lurkers in our history?

At the end of this thread, I will donate $20 to Chiefsplanet in the name of the determined winner. The contest will end when I determine the thread/contest has run its course.

Points will be awarded by myself to the first lurker with correct explanation of each event. Bonus points will be given to those with less than 10 total posts.

Tenured posters are allowed to participate in the thread, however until a lurker answers a question...do not give the answer, or anything more than subtle hints on questions that may pose difficulty. Once revealed of the true answer.....feel free to give your take or comment on that moment.
[Reply]
KCTitus 08:37 PM 03-17-2008
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
That was me. :-)

I also remember when he posted some thread on the Star board about needing to raise some cash and Gaz suggested that he allow people to beat him down for money. Too funny....

Did he ever post on the Planet?
He might have a couple of times...when CP was founded, he pretty much disappeared
[Reply]
RockChalk 08:37 PM 03-17-2008
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
+2 Rockchalk
did I get the one about John Matrix correct? post is on page 16
[Reply]
Monk 08:38 PM 03-17-2008
Originally Posted by Ill-Logical:
Who created the need for a decoder ring on Chiefsplanet.
Tommykat
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:38 PM 03-17-2008
Oooh! OoOOH!!!

Which planeteer had a vehicle stolen in a foreign country? What country? Can you describe the vehicle?
[Reply]
Huffmeister 08:40 PM 03-17-2008
KCJohnny promised to write something about Vermeil being better than Marty 100 times (right before the Chargers blew the playoffs), and when someone called him on it, he got indignant because he served (is serving) his country, and the people giving him crap had not. When Phobia called him out for playing the 'military service' card, Phobia used his own military service to demand pie.
[Reply]
the Talking Can 08:43 PM 03-17-2008
Originally Posted by Cankerskull:
KCJohnny promised to write something about Vermeil being better than Marty 100 times (right before the Chargers blew the playoffs), and when someone called him on it, he got indignant because he served (is serving) his country, and the people giving him crap had not. When Phobia called him out for playing the 'military service' card, Phobia used his own military service to demand pie.
concise...very nice....one of the core legends of Chiefsplanet....
[Reply]
KCTitus 08:45 PM 03-17-2008
Originally Posted by Cankerskull:
I happlily called him out...I still have the PM from him about how I insulted him for the last time. Loved that Marty choke job and resulting Johnny meltdown.
[Reply]
Monk 08:45 PM 03-17-2008
Originally Posted by GOATSE:
Oooh! OoOOH!!!

Which planeteer had a vehicle stolen in a foreign country? What country? Can you describe the vehicle?
ENDelt had his Chevy pick-up stolen in Mexico
[Reply]
chefsos 08:46 PM 03-17-2008
Originally Posted by Monk:
ENDelt had his Chevy pick-up stolen in Mexico
Close...
[Reply]
Monk 08:54 PM 03-17-2008
Originally Posted by Ill-Logical:
One last one for now:

There are 7 posters who are root for other teams who have more than 10,000 posts for 1 point name 5 of them and identify the team they root for. A bonus point if you can name all 7 and properly identify their teams.
Joe Seahawk- seahawks
Overhead- raiders
Amnorix-Pats
TacoJohn- donks
Vailpass- donks
clevelandbronco-donks

my mind is blank on any others
[Reply]
Mosbonian 09:00 PM 03-17-2008
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
That was me. :-)

I also remember when he posted some thread on the Star board about needing to raise some cash and Gaz suggested that he allow people to beat him down for money. Too funny....

Did he ever post on the Planet?
I had forgotten about that.....didn't that morph into a thread about what other things he could do to raise cash?

mmaddog
[Reply]
Mosbonian 09:03 PM 03-17-2008
Originally Posted by KCTitus:
The cowboys fan's initials were J.E.

one of the funniest stories about J.E. was when a long time poster created a fake name and J.E. tried to pick 'her' up...It may have been Iowanian, Phil or Dartgod that did the faking out. it was too funny.

Between this and my earlier hint about a horror film star that never dies you would think someone could pick it up.

mmaddog
[Reply]
Monk 09:03 PM 03-17-2008
Originally Posted by chefsos:
Close...
Man, I hate having alcohol ravaged brain cells
[Reply]
the Talking Can 09:07 PM 03-17-2008
Originally Posted by Monk:
Joe Seahawk- seahawks
Overhead- raiders
Amnorix-Pats
TacoJohn- donks
Vailpass- donks
clevelandbronco-donks

my mind is blank on any others
i'm thinking of one, but I don't know if he crossed the 10,000 post threshold....great poster though, miss him.....rock solid draft knowledge...
[Reply]
Dartgod 09:17 PM 03-17-2008
Originally Posted by the Talking Can:
i'm thinking of one, but I don't know if he crossed the 10,000 post threshold....great poster though, miss him.....rock solid draft knowledge...
It's not him. This guy is probably the least annoying Donks fan on the face of the earth.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 40
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Up