ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 40
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Hall of Classics>The Lurker 500
Iowanian 10:43 AM 03-15-2008
Ladies and Gentlemen.

Start your Engines for the Lurker 500.

In this race of planet history, Lurkers, those with less than 100 posts per year of membership are challenged!

Myself, and other tenured members I shall designate will pose comments, statements or questions of Chiefs Planet History. Your job~your Challenge! is to explain the story behind the comment, link it to its originating poster....explain why its relevant or funny. Bonus points awarded for context.

How well do the lurkers know us? How versed are the lurkers in our history?

At the end of this thread, I will donate $20 to Chiefsplanet in the name of the determined winner. The contest will end when I determine the thread/contest has run its course.

Points will be awarded by myself to the first lurker with correct explanation of each event. Bonus points will be given to those with less than 10 total posts.

Tenured posters are allowed to participate in the thread, however until a lurker answers a question...do not give the answer, or anything more than subtle hints on questions that may pose difficulty. Once revealed of the true answer.....feel free to give your take or comment on that moment.
[Reply]
Iowanian 04:00 PM 03-16-2008
Stummpy has brought 2 of his special friends to the board with hilarity to ensue.

Who were they, what happend with both.

Bonus point:
Explain "sometimes it says Titan, Sometimes it says Titanic"
[Reply]
Mosbonian 04:00 PM 03-16-2008
Originally Posted by KCTitus:
Several of the really old ones...Keck and Moons 'biggest' fan were from the Star's BB, prior to the planet.

Keck, if I remember this right, also claimed to be a CIA agent and wanted to meet Phobia at the airport to fight.
Keck was Star Board.....but Moon's biggest fan made a visit here too. He came back to give this place his blessing, (as if we needed it) and pimped his new stuff.

He hasn't been around for some time though.

The Cowboy's favorite fan only made one appearance here....and I am not sure it wasn't someone posing as him. if it wasn't him, it was a great impression.

2 points for the answer to either question.

mmaddog
[Reply]
Boise_Chief 04:02 PM 03-16-2008
hah
Thomas Sportswax!!!
hehe I coulnd't remember the name.

1) He was a "personal" friend of Warren Moon having met him while try to hock his wares...

2) He was known by a nickname that belied what product he was peddling...

Bonus point if you can remember his real first name
[Reply]
Boise_Chief 04:05 PM 03-16-2008
Stummpy has brought 2 of his special friends to the board with hilarity to ensue.

Who were they, what happend with both.

Girlfriends. they are now both Stumpy-less
[Reply]
Iowanian 04:07 PM 03-16-2008
Details Man, Details!

From here on out, with impending work-week competition, its going to be tougher to get points. quotes from posts, links to originations threads....and detailed explanations get the points. Educate! Entertain!
[Reply]
Mosbonian 04:11 PM 03-16-2008
Originally Posted by Boise_Chief:
hah
Thomas Sportswax!!!
hehe I coulnd't remember the name.

1) He was a "personal" friend of Warren Moon having met him while try to hock his wares...

2) He was known by a nickname that belied what product he was peddling...

Bonus point if you can remember his real first name
2 points for you.....now can you tell me the Cowboys fan.

mmaddog
[Reply]
Boise_Chief 04:12 PM 03-16-2008
Thomas helped start the planets competitor board pigskin park. With the demise of pigskin park it vomitted denise back to us. I don't remember Sportswax much except the Moon facination and that I didn't totaly hate him. I didn't post much at the star board either.
[Reply]
Chief Wiggum 04:15 PM 03-16-2008
I've been researching this for hours now and can't do it any longer, so here's my answer to thefly, even though it may have some holes:

Was a guy that came over from the KC star board I believe (TheFly = George Argyros = Dav Hillz0. Dude went postal after 9/11 and was saying things like all of the middleast should be wiped out - was then banned. Later came back as George, then as Hel'n (I think based on loose references.) Hel'n got the boot or left voluntarily after fabricating a story about her(his?) son was molested at school. This issue really drove the planet into two people and the mods just weren't sure how to handle it. Braincase left for a while over the event, but luckily, it looks like he is back.

Some of that answer is based on facts, the rest trying to connect the dots. So if any of that isn't true, I apologize to any of those people - just trying to get some points...
[Reply]
Boise_Chief 04:17 PM 03-16-2008
Sportswax triumphant re-entry
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...ight=sportswax
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:18 PM 03-16-2008
Which poster's repetitive reply led to a substitution macro to make that reply turn into an admission, and what was the admission?
[Reply]
Boise_Chief 04:18 PM 03-16-2008
The cowboys fan??

Is this Packfan? I know it sounds dumb but it seems like he abandoned the Pack for the cowboys?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:19 PM 03-16-2008
Originally Posted by Chief Wiggum:
I've been researching this for hours now and can't do it any longer, so here's my answer to thefly, even though it may have some holes:

Was a guy that came over from the KC star board I believe (TheFly = George Argyros = Dav Hillz0. Dude went postal after 9/11 and was saying things like all of the middleast should be wiped out - was then banned. Later came back as George, then as Hel'n (I think based on loose references.) Hel'n got the boot or left voluntarily after fabricating a story about her(his?) son was molested at school. This issue really drove the planet into two people and the mods just weren't sure how to handle it. Braincase left for a while over the event, but luckily, it looks like he is back.

Some of that answer is based on facts, the rest trying to connect the dots. So if any of that isn't true, I apologize to any of those people - just trying to get some points...
I think some of the story has been, ahem, lopped off.
[Reply]
Boise_Chief 04:21 PM 03-16-2008
,,, Commatard on the loose.
Tommykat

She would constantly put,,, instead of ... when leaving something unsaid.
[Reply]
Chief Wiggum 04:22 PM 03-16-2008
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I think some of the story has been, ahem, lopped off.
Don't tell me he had a sex change? Dude was a huge conservative! Or am I way off base?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:26 PM 03-16-2008
Originally Posted by Chief Wiggum:
Don't tell me he had a sex change? Dude was a huge conservative! Or am I way off base?
Yeah, I don't know about her conservative era, but the whole thing about her son [she was his father FTR] came up because she was constantly railing about evils of all republicans and when people argued with her she brought out this tale about a bunch of republican boys beating her son up in the shower at school as her proof of republican evil.

If I recall correctly, things got thick when someone went American Hero on her allegations and passed them on to the principal of her son's school.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 40
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up