ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 40
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Hall of Classics>The Lurker 500
Iowanian 10:43 AM 03-15-2008
Ladies and Gentlemen.

Start your Engines for the Lurker 500.

In this race of planet history, Lurkers, those with less than 100 posts per year of membership are challenged!

Myself, and other tenured members I shall designate will pose comments, statements or questions of Chiefs Planet History. Your job~your Challenge! is to explain the story behind the comment, link it to its originating poster....explain why its relevant or funny. Bonus points awarded for context.

How well do the lurkers know us? How versed are the lurkers in our history?

At the end of this thread, I will donate $20 to Chiefsplanet in the name of the determined winner. The contest will end when I determine the thread/contest has run its course.

Points will be awarded by myself to the first lurker with correct explanation of each event. Bonus points will be given to those with less than 10 total posts.

Tenured posters are allowed to participate in the thread, however until a lurker answers a question...do not give the answer, or anything more than subtle hints on questions that may pose difficulty. Once revealed of the true answer.....feel free to give your take or comment on that moment.
[Reply]
Chief Wiggum 01:49 PM 03-16-2008
Answer for skinsbra:

Quite possibly the coolest user ever on the planet (for anyone who doesn't know who he is, like me, you have to read some of the archives - too freakin' funny!)

Skinsbra was a dude who spoke in messed up English and used to really give it to the Iowanian, whom he called Iranian. He loved to post pics of chicks on threads and got his file attachment privelages revoked for a bit.

Skinsbra (a.k.a. skinswin, skinsbro) was a derivative of a Bengals fan called bengals rule who apparently really talked like that.

His famous catch phrase was "HOOOOOOOOOOOOCK."
[Reply]
Delano 02:07 PM 03-16-2008
What thread is John Matrix famous for?

What current poster is responsible for The Matrix Dogpile?
[Reply]
Logical 02:16 PM 03-16-2008
What will eat your brains, if Skip or Ultra Peanut want to insult you?
[Reply]
burt 02:45 PM 03-16-2008
Originally Posted by blueballs:
this thread needs to be broken down with tabs
I'm interested in the man from PA
Best leave that dog sleeping!
[Reply]
Rausch 02:54 PM 03-16-2008
Originally Posted by Delano:
What thread is John Matrix famous for?
I've still got the now infamous pic somewhere...
[Reply]
Iowanian 03:10 PM 03-16-2008
Originally Posted by Chief Wiggum:
Answer for skinsbra:

Quite possibly the coolest user ever on the planet (for anyone who doesn't know who he is, like me, you have to read some of the archives - too freakin' funny!)

Skinsbra was a dude who spoke in messed up English and used to really give it to the Iowanian, whom he called Iranian. He loved to post pics of chicks on threads and got his file attachment privelages revoked for a bit.

Skinsbra (a.k.a. skinswin, skinsbro) was a derivative of a Bengals fan called bengals rule who apparently really talked like that.

His famous catch phrase was "HOOOOOOOOOOOOCK."

You've done your homework.
+2 Chiefwiggums.

Skinsbra is an alias character of a planet icon and regular. The character was based off of a Bengals poster named "bengals_Rule" that someone here found, I believe on a Ravens board. That poster really did post very similar to skinsbra...it was an excellent rendition of bengalsrule. It was a good gimmick that got alot of laughs.

Don bannd ma porker! hooooooooooock.

Titus is correct about the mikekeck. It was a trick question, as he never did come to Chiefsplanet....He did claim to be some form of spy and special agent and was pretty confrontational. I was dipping my toes into internet message boards at the time and it was my first involvement in a confrontation online. While Phobia jousted with him, he was invited to the airport to fight. If I recall, phildo advised that he would be a 300lb hillbilly in bib overalls and accused mikekeck of not showing.

At one point, he put his work phone number on the board, daring anyone to call him.....and someone did, claiming to be me. It wasn't, but the online festivities associated with that continued for a short while...... My very first online smack may very well have officially been labelling him with the song..."Secret Aaaaaaagent Keck"

The test with this question was longevity.
[Reply]
Iowanian 03:13 PM 03-16-2008
Originally Posted by Chief Wiggum:
Alright, I know I said I was bowing out, but it seems others are utilizing the search function, so I have decided to throw my hat back in the ring.

To the death of an appliance:
This was frazod. He shot his fridge in his kitchen with a real gun...and I think his pantry door too. I'm guessing the freon from the fridge was what needed to be ventilated. I've done quite a bit of searching but can't quite find out why he shot his fridge and what the story behind it was. Luckily, no beer was injured in the shooting.

Correct.
+1 Wiggum.

Frazod was indeed the Maytag Murderer. Checking a bump in the night, with his cocked revolver, in a half-awake haze...Frazod became startled and shot the family refrigerator.

BLAM!
[Reply]
Iowanian 03:17 PM 03-16-2008
Next situation.

A planet regular, and season ticket holder got in trouble at Arrowhead and posted a thread about it.

For 2 points.

Who was it, what happend, and what "only on Chiefsplanet" moment followed?
[Reply]
Boise_Chief 03:42 PM 03-16-2008
A regular ( I don't remember who and I don't use the search funtion) was at his seat in the upper deck at Arrowhead. he attempted to refresh his coke with a little something from his flask. A security guard made him dump it out. After posting it on the planet, another poster Deputy Dawg I believe was the security guard. He was a long time lurker and offered to buy the offender a new coke at the next home game.
[Reply]
Boise_Chief 03:43 PM 03-16-2008
I'll read back and find any others that may have not been answered. This thread may screw up my minimium posts per day average I have been working on.
[Reply]
Iowanian 03:46 PM 03-16-2008
correct.

+1 BoiseChief

Nzoner had a cellphone flask he took into Arrowhead. He was seen by a security guard and it was confiscated. An angry Nzoner created a thread about it, and entering that thread stage left...DeputyDog(at least as refered to by Nzoner) turned out to be a member of Chiefsplanet. It is also my recollection that they met at a later game and remedied the situation. Only on Chiefsplanet.
[Reply]
Boise_Chief 03:50 PM 03-16-2008
Originally Posted by mmaddog
A question for old time lurkers:

1) He was a "personal" friend of Warren Moon having met him while try to hock his wares...

2) He was known by a nickname that belied what product he was peddling...

Bonus point if you can remember his real first name

mmaddog

Uggg I am totally locking on this. Give me a minute.
[Reply]
Iowanian 03:52 PM 03-16-2008
The Danielle Sargeant-River Falls event is still on board.

For a bonus point, find the post responsible and link that hilarity with your answer.

The life and death of thefly is still on board.

The epic dumb@$$ary of the Johnnymatrix incident is now on the board...with a bonus point for naming that posters cowardly character who denies being him.

To keep this thread alive in my pending absense....I'm relying on the old guard to think of some of the most important point/threads/jokes/notorious events in CP history. You are responsible for assigning points to any question you pose.
[Reply]
Boise_Chief 03:57 PM 03-16-2008
Danielle Sargent at River Falls took a shower "near" a somewhat at the time regular. It was posted on a who famous have you met thread. Maybe I'll try to find that htread it's in the hall of classics forum somewhere.
[Reply]
Nzoner 03:57 PM 03-16-2008
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
correct.

+1 BoiseChief

Nzoner had a cellphone flask he took into Arrowhead. He was seen by a security guard and it was confiscated. An angry Nzoner created a thread about it, and entering that thread stage left...DeputyDog(at least as refered to by Nzoner) turned out to be a member of Chiefsplanet. It is also my recollection that they met at a later game and remedied the situation. Only on Chiefsplanet.
Actually it was the following week(Christmas Day)and Deputy Dawg better known on the Planet at that time as Marada came up to our seats(Endelt was with me)and at that time pulled the printed thread of my rant from his pocket and showed it to us.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 40
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up