ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 40
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Hall of Classics>The Lurker 500
Iowanian 10:43 AM 03-15-2008
Ladies and Gentlemen.

Start your Engines for the Lurker 500.

In this race of planet history, Lurkers, those with less than 100 posts per year of membership are challenged!

Myself, and other tenured members I shall designate will pose comments, statements or questions of Chiefs Planet History. Your job~your Challenge! is to explain the story behind the comment, link it to its originating poster....explain why its relevant or funny. Bonus points awarded for context.

How well do the lurkers know us? How versed are the lurkers in our history?

At the end of this thread, I will donate $20 to Chiefsplanet in the name of the determined winner. The contest will end when I determine the thread/contest has run its course.

Points will be awarded by myself to the first lurker with correct explanation of each event. Bonus points will be given to those with less than 10 total posts.

Tenured posters are allowed to participate in the thread, however until a lurker answers a question...do not give the answer, or anything more than subtle hints on questions that may pose difficulty. Once revealed of the true answer.....feel free to give your take or comment on that moment.
[Reply]
Skip Towne 11:25 AM 03-16-2008
Originally Posted by Hog Farmer:
I miss the good ole days when a lurker was drawn out and we beat his skull in !

But this is fun too.
That wasn't lurkers, that was n00bs.
[Reply]
Iowanian 11:27 AM 03-16-2008
Originally Posted by alanm:
1.T
2.SW

Now I remember.

I also remember the cowboy fan.
[Reply]
SNAFU 11:28 AM 03-16-2008
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
Good questions mmaddog. I admit, I can't recall the name of this poster, but I remember the gist.

Many of you know that our good friend with excellent penmanship, and contributor to kcchiefsdotcom, IdahoJim posts here.

Next question.
Another KC reporter posts on Chiefsplanet, and has lifted terms coined here for his column. Who is that reporter, and what 2 usernames has he posted here under?
Jason Whitlock. I know one username is Jwhit. Is the other WhitiE?
[Reply]
alanm 11:30 AM 03-16-2008
Now I remember.

I also remember the cowboy fan.
That was a hint since I'm not eligible for points. But unless you've been around long enough you wouldn't get it anyway.
[Reply]
Iowanian 11:30 AM 03-16-2008
Originally Posted by SNAFU:
Jason Whitlock. I know one username is Jwhit. Is the other WhitiE?
+1 snafu

The other UN was bigsexy.
[Reply]
Shootr 11:30 AM 03-16-2008
Next question.
Another KC reporter posts on Chiefsplanet, and has lifted terms coined here for his column. Who is that reporter, and what 2 usernames has he posted here under?
That would be whitlock. TrINT would be one of the terms. I believe one name he used was big sexy, but I'm not sure.
[Reply]
SNAFU 11:32 AM 03-16-2008
Originally Posted by SNAFU:
For bonus points I grew up in southern cali. I spent my freshman year of H.S. in Japan. I went to the same college Herm ****ing Edwards went to. I lived in the Wichita area until 3 years ago when I moved to a very desolate place in SW Oklahoma. Bonus info...while in Japan, I atttempted to climb Mt. Fuji. That is all.
Don't forget my bonus points, sir. I am in it to win it. :-)
[Reply]
Iowanian 11:35 AM 03-16-2008
If some of the monday lurkers don't get

1. the appliance assasination
2. the mike keck incident
3. thefly became another poster, who had an explosive demise...
4.Skinsbra....

I might be forced to unholster my cap pistols.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:35 AM 03-16-2008
Originally Posted by blueballs:
How did GoCHiefs first get baned
This is a good question. I know the answer. I wonder if Iowanian does, let alone a lurker.
[Reply]
Shootr 11:49 AM 03-16-2008
If some of the monday lurkers don't get

1. the appliance assasination
2. the mike keck incident
3. thefly became another poster, who had an explosive demise...

I might be forced to unholster my cap pistols.
I have been trying to recall the Mike Keck thing, I think he was the guy who was wanting to meet people to fight them. I believe he was a fan of another team, but I can't remember what team.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 11:57 AM 03-16-2008
Originally Posted by alanm:
That was a hint since I'm not eligible for points. But unless you've been around long enough you wouldn't get it anyway.
A little bit of digging will get you both answers....using the search function.

mmaddog
[Reply]
the Talking Can 12:06 PM 03-16-2008
you should award 1/2 points for every alias of - ahem, shut your mouth (t-o-m c-a-s-h) - that can be named....there must be 2 dozen....
[Reply]
KCTitus 12:19 PM 03-16-2008
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
It's probably too far back to be anywhere but a Chiefsplanet cuneiform tablet, but it was part of the issues that led to the creation of Chiefsplanet. The mods over there were deleting threads and suspending people for some rather perplexing reasons, and RJ made some post where he used an innocuous Spanish term. I don't remember what it was, something like huevos rancheros or hasta la vista or something. He was promptly suspended for something like "racist demagoguery" or something.
The mods at the Star board went crazy in an attempt to break up the political threads on the board that ensued during the offseason. It was July/August of 2000...a presidential election year and there wasnt much Chiefs to talk about. Luzap's thread got it started...I think it was called 25 things you must believe to be a democrat...the result is history. The banning for speaking spanish was just hilarious. It killed that board.
[Reply]
KCTitus 12:32 PM 03-16-2008
Several of the really old ones...Keck and Moons 'biggest' fan were from the Star's BB, prior to the planet.

Keck, if I remember this right, also claimed to be a CIA agent and wanted to meet Phobia at the airport to fight.
[Reply]
Chief Wiggum 01:00 PM 03-16-2008
Alright, I know I said I was bowing out, but it seems others are utilizing the search function, so I have decided to throw my hat back in the ring.

To the death of an appliance:
This was frazod. He shot his fridge in his kitchen with a real gun...and I think his pantry door too. I'm guessing the freon from the fridge was what needed to be ventilated. I've done quite a bit of searching but can't quite find out why he shot his fridge and what the story behind it was. Luckily, no beer was injured in the shooting.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 40
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up